+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change conditions (wage) while working with LMIA based work permit

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hi! So, I'm currently working with the company I got LMIA-Closed work permit but I realized that on my payslip my current rate per hour ($18.05) is different from the one stated in my Job Offer and LMIA approval letter ($18.75). I know it's just cents but more than the money I'm concerned about this discrepancy in terms of future paperwork because I'm trying to apply for PR. Am I wrong to think this could be an issue?
I know that the employer is supposed to be compliant with the stuff stated in the paperwork for the LMIA. I've also read on canada.ca website on the "Employer Compliance" section this:
  • similar but not lower wages and benefits than offered
I have yet to talk with the person in charge of the payroll at this company but I would like to know how serious this can be and where to stand in case they don't respect the agreed rate (and I want to avoid unnecessary drama).

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
any updates?? facing a similar issue.
Thanks in advance!
nothing, mate. I spoke with the payroll person and she never gave me an answer. I knew I'm not gonna get a satisfactory answer from my boss either so, realizing that at this point it is what it is, I just move forwards with my applications and just hope for the best.
Sucks, tho.