+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances to get SP for second masters (same specialization)

Blurred Lines

May 28, 2015
Hello everyone! I already have master's degree in Economics and Business from my home country university. Now I want to obtain master's degree in Economics from top canadian university. Will it be a problem when applying for Study Permit? I am not very into applying for phd, but I would like to hold a degree from recognised university to be more competetive when applying for job. What would you advise to do/write in explanation letter?

Mackowhacko

May 25, 2015
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hey Blurred, my situation is same like yours.

I have a masters in Science (Medicine), I applied for PhD in Molecular biology from Canada, The university told me that my grades for applying for a phd is a bit low and I need to get into the masters program again. If I successfully clear passing exam I will be transferred to PhD program.

You Should mention in your SOP or Letter of explaination, that why do you think getting second masters degree in the same field will help you in your future endeavours. I also went through many posts regarding the same question, I din't find any clear answer besides writing a strong SOP.

Hope this helps. :)

Blurred Lines

May 28, 2015
Mackowhacko said:

I have a masters in Science (Medicine), I applied for PhD in Molecular biology from Canada, The university told me that my grades for applying for a phd is a bit low and I need to get into the masters program again. If I successfully clear passing exam I will be transferred to PhD program.

You Should mention in your SOP or Letter of explaination, that why do you think getting second masters degree in the same field will help you in your future endeavours. I also went through many posts regarding the same question, I din't find any clear answer besides writing a strong SOP.

Hello Mackowhacko, thank you for the answer. So you alredy applied for SP? Did you get it?

Mackowhacko

May 25, 2015
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon
No Man, I have to get my medicals done and sort my documents. I will be applying soon.

Mackowhacko

May 25, 2015
India
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon
Hey Blurred, checkout this post. It is quite informative for our situation. :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/study-permit-for-2nd-masters-t74755.0.html

Blurred Lines

May 28, 2015
Mackowhacko said:
No Man, I have to get my medicals done and sort my documents. I will be applying soon.
Oh..I was planning to do medicals after they send me med request..
Which university are you planning to study btw?

Madh511

May 26, 2015
Blurred Lines said:
Hello everyone! I already have master's degree in Economics and Business from my home country university. Now I want to obtain master's degree in Economics from top canadian university. Will it be a problem when applying for Study Permit? I am not very into applying for phd, but I would like to hold a degree from recognised university to be more competetive when applying for job. What would you advise to do/write in explanation letter?
I am going for a second masters too. I have an MSc in Microbiology and now going for MSc in Biochemistry. I haven't even provided a letter of explanation for it actually. I hope it all turns out fine.

jerrymsigwa

Jun 21, 2018

Did you get admission?