+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of Student Visa | Pls help

RachitMalik

Jul 7, 2017
Hey guys, I have a bit of a different and weird situation.

I applied for my study permit online for Sept 17 intake on 31st May 2017 using my University of Toronto offer for an undergraduate degree.I missed a few documents like submitting IELTS, Class 12th result as it was not listed in the online checklist but later I realised was required. I submitted those documents through the IRCC webform later on 21st June. Also on the online checklist the slot for uploading medical didn't appear for me for some reason. Nevertheless I went and completed my medical exam and then submitted my acknowledgement through the IRCC webform on 12th June. It has been 6 weeks and my application is still in process.On my status it says "You do not need a medical we will send you a message if this changes". Even though the hospital says the Medical results have been sent on 17th June, I am worried they haven't even linked it to the application.

For finances I didn't submit an Educational Loan or GIC. I just submitted bank statements, some assets like shares & stocks, property details, ITR and salary slips of my father. The shares and assets cover the first year tuition cost but there is very little liquid cash. Some agents told us that this was not enough. So went and took an Educational Loan and uploaded the sanction letter through the IRCC webform on 3rd July.

I am getting really worried and I feel because I didn't submit all the docs while applying it could result in rejection and with so many extra docs I messed my app. What should I do? Should I cancel my application and then re apply? Can you re-apply after canceling an application?
In your guys experience what do you think could happen now?
What are my chances of getting my study permit approved in time?
It has already been 6 weeks and I am entering into the 7th week of processing.

My profile:
IELTS - 8 bands overall( 9-L 8-R 7-W 7-S)
CBSE 12th - 95.8% overall Science stream( PCMCE)
98% in Computer Science
95% in Maths
95% in Physics
95% in Chemistry
96% in English
CBSE 10th - 10 CGPA

Course: Computer Science at University of Toronto.

Your help would be greatly appreciated! I know it's a different situation but if any of you have any experience of a similar situation your advise would really help and reduce my anxiety.

Thanks,
Rachit

Lmahida

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi if u have not submitted e medical letter in ur visa file it would be an issue n delay. The delay is due to additional documents. There r a few may applicants still waiting for visa. Ur profile is excellent so i think u will get visa

RachitMalik

Jul 7, 2017
Hi if u have not submitted e medical letter in ur visa file it would be an issue n delay. The delay is due to additional documents. There r a few may applicants still waiting for visa. Ur profile is excellent so i think u will get visa
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply. So I should keep waiting then. Do you know of any option to cancel or withdraw the application? How much time would it take?