+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of getting Visitor Visa with valid US Visa

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
hi, i have applied for canada visitor visa 3-4 times. but got rejected.
Now i am having a valid USA b1/b2 visa. But not travelled to US yet. I applied for canada visitor visa online, they asked for application form and copy of US visa. So is there any chance of getting visa this time? please tell if anyone knows about this process. and also processing time.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Doubt having any US visa will make any difference in obtaining a Visa for Canada. If they already rejected you 3-4 times they must have given some clear reasons for refusing,

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
Bs65 said:
Doubt having any US visa will make any difference in obtaining a Visa for Canada. If they already rejected you 3-4 times they must have given some clear reasons for refusing,
yeah last time my reason was only TRAVEL HISTORY & Purpose of Visit.
in which i clearly mentioned my itinerary with hotel booking and travel history was totally invalid because i had already travelled to Singapore, Malaysia, Hongkong, Macau, Dubai, China and that time i was having US visa too but not yet travelled.

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
omverma said:
they asked for application form and copy of US visa
A request for evidence of the US visa means you've fewer document requirements than those from your country without this, all else equal, so it helps but it only helps at the margin.

My wife was refused a TRV when we were just dating for the unstated reason that there was a romantic interest (they hint at it with "purpose of visit") despite the fact she had been to the US. They checked off "travel history" as a reason for refusal despite the trip to Florida.

As the immigration lawyer Peter Rekai told a parliamentary committee, do not put too much faith in the so-called reasons for refusal:
"What we do have to get away from is an officer's belief that he or she must take the form that refuses an application and arbitrarily X a number of the boxes that indicate specific reasons for the refusal, reasons that may not—and likely are not—the actual reasons for the refusal. Worst of all—and this happens all the time—officers feel compelled to check the box saying that neither the applicant nor the host has shown sufficient financial means. Typically, a 50-year-old, well-established Canadian client will come to me and say, “My nephew was refused. We've provided all kinds of financial information, but I'm going to go to my accountant and my financial adviser and we're going to present all this information back to the visa office.” I say, “No, that's not the reason he was refused. Your nephew is 22 years old, he is unemployed, he is single, and he is from Iran. Nineteen out of 20 of those applications are going to be refused. Save yourself the trouble, save your MP the trouble, and save the visa office the trouble of the second application where you pursue an avenue that has nothing to do with it.” These types of arbitrary check-offs—and they're done all the time—lead to an enormous amount of work and are basically a waste of resources. Typically, the second application comes back with different boxes checked for the refusal."

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
BrianDell said:
A request for evidence of the US visa means you've fewer document requirements than those from your country without this, all else equal, so it helps but it only helps at the margin.

My wife was refused a TRV when we were just dating for the unstated reason that there was a romantic interest (they hint at it with "purpose of visit") despite the fact she had been to the US. They checked off "travel history" as a reason for refusal despite the trip to Florida.

As the immigration lawyer Peter Rekai told a parliamentary committee, do not put too much faith in the so-called reasons for refusal:
"What we do have to get away from is an officer's belief that he or she must take the form that refuses an application and arbitrarily X a number of the boxes that indicate specific reasons for the refusal, reasons that may not—and likely are not—the actual reasons for the refusal. Worst of all—and this happens all the time—officers feel compelled to check the box saying that neither the applicant nor the host has shown sufficient financial means. Typically, a 50-year-old, well-established Canadian client will come to me and say, “My nephew was refused. We've provided all kinds of financial information, but I'm going to go to my accountant and my financial adviser and we're going to present all this information back to the visa office.” I say, “No, that's not the reason he was refused. Your nephew is 22 years old, he is unemployed, he is single, and he is from Iran. Nineteen out of 20 of those applications are going to be refused. Save yourself the trouble, save your MP the trouble, and save the visa office the trouble of the second application where you pursue an avenue that has nothing to do with it.” These types of arbitrary check-offs—and they're done all the time—lead to an enormous amount of work and are basically a waste of resources. Typically, the second application comes back with different boxes checked for the refusal."

yeah but i came to know that there decision are not genuine everytime. But m hoping for best this time.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It can be an advantage if you had already used the US visa a few times when you apply to Canada, but you mention it's still unused, so it doesn't really add value to your travel history.

M

mikeymyke

Also, travel histories might not have much weight if the countries you've been to are very easy to enter and have no visa requirement. They mostly want to see that you have a history of applying to get a visa, and abiding by the rules of those countries.

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
bellaluna said:
It can be an advantage if you had already used the US visa a few times when you apply to Canada, but you mention it's still unused, so it doesn't really add value to your travel history.
lets see either I get the visa or not, otherwise my next plan will be - travel to US then apply after the trip.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
omverma said:
hi, i have applied for canada visitor visa 3-4 times. but got rejected.
Now i am having a valid USA b1/b2 visa. But not travelled to US yet. I applied for canada visitor visa online, they asked for application form and copy of US visa. So is there any chance of getting visa this time? please tell if anyone knows about this process. and also processing time.
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how you able to get us visa despite 3-4 times rejection.?I was thinking to give another try for TRV , but if it's getting US visa way easy than Canada , then I rather try to get US visa then my husband will just cross border what's important for me at least we can celebrate our anniversary next year. Only for 2weeks vacation.
For me , you should just use first your US visa for a better chances. But who knows , they just give stupid reason for refusal anyway, cause either you travel to many countries still they refuse grounds travel history but some got approved even no travel history.

omverma

Jun 26, 2015
Alidykeman said:
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, how you able to get us visa despite 3-4 times rejection.?I was thinking to give another try for TRV , but if it's getting US visa way easy than Canada , then I rather try to get US visa then my husband will just cross border what's important for me at least we can celebrate our anniversary next year. Only for 2weeks vacation.
For me , you should just use first your US visa for a better chances. But who knows , they just give stupid reason for refusal anyway, cause either you travel to many countries still they refuse grounds travel history but some got approved even no travel history.
Yes i will suggest try for US visa. they will just ask you the reason why u want to go there and u just remember to show TOURISM... i have applied lot of visa files of all countries. (I have my travel agency too) so if u wanna knw something then i will guide u about this. (Whatsapp +919896557773)