+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances for Open work permit for spouse on student visa

lloyd41085

Feb 16, 2016
Dear all,

I have received acceptance from Conestoga College,Ontario for Information technology Business analysis -operations , I need advice/inputs on some queries, but first below are my profile details.

I am 30 year old male , currently unemployed , have total work experience of around 6 years , have completed my bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology GPA ~2.3-2.5 ( with 2 years of drop or backlog and many many ATKT :(

My goal is to immigrate to Canada , I had an EOI in express entry with crs score of 427 that's the max I could go , now planning to use study route to move to Canada

1) will I get study permit on above profile , I have read on this forum that when GPA is low there could be denial in study permit , also as per SPP guide lines I have huge gap between my previous study , and the college has issues SPP acceptance letter , so what are my chances??

2) I want to apply for Open work permit for my spouse how do I go about it do I apply for OWP with my student permit application or do I wait to get the permit first and then apply for OWP ?

If any one has done this please share your experience for guidance , Also I am not interested in doing any thing illegal , like staying back in Canada illegally,

reverone

Mar 3, 2017
Regarding this topic, I am also considering that Program. I have a doubt, according with the information from the college it mention a 2 years length program, that will provide you up to 3 years PGWP, but is a 4 terms program:

Fall | Winter | Spring/Summer | Fall

This program is still considered a 2 years length program so is possible to got a 3 years PGWP?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
lloyd41085 said:
Dear all,

I have received acceptance from Conestoga College,Ontario for Information technology Business analysis -operations , I need advice/inputs on some queries, but first below are my profile details.

I am 30 year old male , currently unemployed , have total work experience of around 6 years , have completed my bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology GPA ~2.3-2.5 ( with 2 years of drop or backlog and many many ATKT :(

My goal is to immigrate to Canada , I had an EOI in express entry with crs score of 427 that's the max I could go , now planning to use study route to move to Canada

1) will I get study permit on above profile , I have read on this forum that when GPA is low there could be denial in study permit , also as per SPP guide lines I have huge gap between my previous study , and the college has issues SPP acceptance letter , so what are my chances??

2) I want to apply for Open work permit for my spouse how do I go about it do I apply for OWP with my student permit application or do I wait to get the permit first and then apply for OWP ?

If any one has done this please share your experience for guidance , Also I am not interested in doing any thing illegal , like staying back in Canada illegally,
with a score of 427 u are so close to the latest draw at 434 is there no way you can sqeeze the extra points in case draw goes even lower given people were saying was never going this low but it has.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
reverone said:
Regarding this topic, I am also considering that Program. I have a doubt, according with the information from the college it mention a 2 years length program, that will provide you up to 3 years PGWP, but is a 4 terms program:

Fall | Winter | Spring/Summer | Fall

This program is still considered a 2 years length program so is possible to got a 3 years PGWP?
everything really depends on what documentation you can get from the college saying it is a 2 year course.