+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremony cancelled administrative error

Anny S

Jan 24, 2024
Did any one get a rescheduled date ? i have been waiting for 5 month now
Hi I have the same issue , I received the invitation to take tge oath of citizenship on Aug 11 for August 22, 2023 . A day before the appointment, I received a cancelling email from Scarborough office that my appointment was scheduled for error . I’m still waiting for reschedule .

cvisaquestions

Apr 14, 2022
Ok so after almost 21 months, i finally got to do my oath this week. I am an April 2022 online applicant and got my oath cancelled on Sep 6th 2023. My processing office is Mississauga for those wondering. I hope those who are waiting will hear something soon. Good luck to everyone!

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hello all,
Is there any rescheduling for any of you these days?
August 2022 applicant.
My oath ceremony was cancelled September 6th, 2023
Stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll waitinggggggggggggggggggggggg
I really got sick of that

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
Cancelled September 22..still waiting

Sandra Roots

Jan 28, 2024
Hello
I have the same issue , I received the invitation for oath of citizenship ceremony on Septemb26 for October 03, 2023, so a few days before the ceremony, I received a cancelling email from Mississauga office. due to administrative errors.......
I am still waiting.......

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Did anyone get new dates after cancellation? I was entering Canada yesterday and CBSA officer confirmed that citizenship was granted, but there is no new date for ceremony on file..I got cancelation in November 2023

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Did anyone get new dates after cancellation? I was entering Canada yesterday and CBSA officer confirmed that citizenship was granted, but there is no new date for ceremony on file..I got cancelation in November 2023
I didn’t get a new date yet. My oath cancellation was November 2023 as well.

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
This is positive news. Good to hear this

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
How Citizenship can be granted without the Ceremony? And what about applying for the passport?
You wouldn’t know that citizenship was granted without travelling and coming back.
I don’t really understand what immigration are doing with our applications and how they works..
I am really disappointed..

Reactions: fièrementcanadien

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
How Citizenship can be granted without the Ceremony? And what about applying for the passport?
You wouldn’t know that citizenship was granted without travelling and coming back.
I don’t really understand what immigration are doing with our applications and how they works..
I am really disappointed..
Citizenship is granted - decision is Made but a person cannot be citizen without taking an oath. oath is pending. so until we get it, we are still PRs. The decision on file does not mean that we are citizens :/ Frankly speaking, I tend to believe that CBSA officer looking in a computer can present more information than agents when we call IRCC. They questionned me a Lot at the airport including when did I contact MP, if I sent any additional request/correspondence, what was the reason of a cancellation etc. So yea very upsetting