+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremony cancelled administrative error

Rolazaher

Mar 7, 2018
Let's create a group where we can discuss this matter and try to push all together, let's create a whatsapp group or something where we can chat in a closer and private way, Now I completed almost 2 months waiting for a chair in that ceremony room in mississauga office, let's work together, we should inbox somebody our phone numbers and create the group and start from something, is my opinion.
WhatsApp group

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GIKfk9g0mGk8TwBR2h5dQY

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Has anyone else got a new ceremony date after cancellation? Got my recent GCMS notes (ordered after cancellation email) it says all assessment passed, Citizenship granted, but Oath & certificate cancelled :/

Reactions: ShazLilly

K_Water

Sep 25, 2015
Just to give you my side of story, that may help: I got my Oath Ceremony Cancelled that was scheduled in September 2023.

Submitted Webform twice and got no response.
Called them, they said processing completed, and they will re-schedule a date - No time line or explanation why we are treated differently while others who applied months after us got their citizenship.
They wont push until its within the processing time that is 17 Months.

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
Just to give you my side of story, that may help: I got my Oath Ceremony Cancelled that was scheduled in September 2023.

Submitted Webform twice and got no response.
Called them, they said processing completed, and they will re-schedule a date - No time line or explanation why we are treated differently while others who applied months after us got their citizenship.
They wont push until its within the processing time that is 17 Months.
IRCC agents got only one answers for all the applicants, process time is 17 month, but if I have seen in this forum some of the applicants pass 17 month to them IRCC's response is every cases are different.
Bottom line is, IRCC need lot of transparent and to be hold more accountable to those applicants and they should remember every applicants are human beings and they have emotions and mental health as well. IRCC doesn't have any rights to play with their emotions and their mental health.

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
Any update guys? Today is the last business day of the year and no updates so far for me; Waiting since Oct 14.
Hi, there was a series of reschedulings about a week ago by Scarborough office; as far as I can see they seem to have started with the single, non-family applications of those who were cancelled in August. We hope that this wave of rescheduling will continue in January.

usuario nuevo

Oct 22, 2023
Hi, there was a series of reschedulings about a week ago by Scarborough office; as far as I can see they seem to have started with the single, non-family applications of those who were cancelled in August. We hope that this wave of rescheduling will continue in January.
Hi Albert, but these are good news, hopefully the mississuga office do the same soon, regards.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Any update guys? Today is the last business day of the year and no updates so far for me; Waiting since Oct 14.
No nothing since November 14, 2023. I saw that some people got new dates within a month and some people are waiting for 6 months or more... So hard to say what's the logic behind (if any). I believe it's just a matter of luck. So hopefully, January will bring us some good news...

Reactions: usuario nuevo

usuario nuevo

Oct 22, 2023
Congrats my friend thanks for let us know, one quick question, did you get an update on the tracker first for this reschedule or they just sent you an email with a new date for the oath ceremony?

Last edited:

K_Water

Sep 25, 2015
Finally, I have completed the oath Ceremony today. My Application Submission date was Sep 1, 2022.

I have submitted web form. Then contacted my local MP, who followed up and got an update that it is still in process and cant push if its within 17 month current processing time. but MP office promised to follow up monthly basis.

I got response to web form - same story

A few days back I got request to appear for the oath Ceremony and on same day MP office followed up with them and contacted me that I should be expecting an email to attend the Oath Ceremony.

So I think it is worth contacting your local MP office if you feel its taking longer than usual.

Anny S

Jan 24, 2024
Oath cancellation:

for who get ceremony cancelled this week due to administrative error did you get any Oath rescheduled or update .
Hi I have the same issue , I received the invitation to take tge oath of citizenship on Aug 11 for August 22, 2023 . A day before the appointment, I received a cancelling email from Scarborough office that my appointment was scheduled for error . I’m still waiting for reschedule .