+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremony cancelled administrative error

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
If people affected by the cancellations get organized and contact media outlets and/or leading immigration lawyers, will it make a difference? Was there such precedent in the past? Any thoughts?
Thanks
Great idea! There are analogous precedents (not error but unreanoble delay) in the past, like https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/citizenship-error-manitoba-1.6744566 or https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-man-struggles-with-bureaucracy-as-he-aims-to-become-canadian-citizen-1.6217753

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Got my Oath canceled today (Nov 16th supposed to happen)...from what I understood reading this forum - no hope to get a date anywhere soon :(

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
nothing can to do me from 21 Aug still waiting
I’m apply the application in 2021 November
Me I’m waiting more also finish my processing time more than 18 months when call ircc , mp , webform , request under the Access to Information Act (ATI)
every time he told me you have to be patient and waiting
Really it’s not fair
Why don't you hire a lawyer and bring your case to the court if you are waiting more than 17 months?

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Got my Oath canceled today (Nov 16th supposed to happen)...from what I understood reading this forum - no hope to get a date anywhere soon :(
Us as well got our Oath cancelled today suppose to be Nov. 16. Did they mentioned to you any valid reason? Or is it the same reason for us?
For us they said “due to administrative Error. We do not have an updated date for when your ceremony will be. You will be contacted at a later date to be rescheduled for your Citizenship ceremony”

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
for who get ceremony cancelled the month of August, September and October due to administrative error did you get any Oath rescheduled or update??

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
for who get ceremony cancelled the month of August, September and October due to administrative error did you get any Oath rescheduled or update??
No update, the ceremony was canceled on Sep. 7th (Mississauga office)
Is yours Mississauga as well?

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Us as well got our Oath cancelled today suppose to be Nov. 16. Did they mentioned to you any valid reason? Or is it the same reason for us?
For us they said “due to administrative Error. We do not have an updated date for when your ceremony will be. You will be contacted at a later date to be rescheduled for your Citizenship ceremony”
Yes, same reason and same wording. Called IRCC today they said that the file is finalized, decision was made, the application was not sent to the centralized office for further assessment and this error is related only to scheduling the date of the Oath.The application is in Mississauga office and pending the new date of the Oath ceremony. I sent a webform with the request as I have a business-related trip soon and already have tickets and my national passport is almost expired. Don't think that it's gonna work, but let's see. Also ordered GCMS notes but since the decision was made (according to the IRCC Agent) I don't think that I will get much clarity from GCMS

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Yes, same reason and same wording. Called IRCC today they said that the file is finalized, decision was made, the application was not sent to the centralized office for further assessment and this error is related only to scheduling the date of the Oath.The application is in Mississauga office and pending the new date of the Oath ceremony. I sent a webform with the request as I have a business-related trip soon and already have tickets and my national passport is almost expired. Don't think that it's gonna work, but let's see. Also ordered GCMS notes but since the decision was made (according to the IRCC Agent) I don't think that I will get much clarity from GCMS
is your tracker still showing that the ceremony is tomorrow?

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
this is very disappointing and they are not thinking about People’s Emotions and arrangements for that.
the problem is no body tell you the reason of cancellation.

• Sad
Reactions: mimika

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
is your tracker still showing that the ceremony is tomorrow?
Yea still shows that the ceremony is tomorrow. Nothing has changed. What about yours? Also Mississauga office? Try to Call IRCC they at least can have a look at a file and provide some basic information if the file is still under the officer's review or just pending the date. I've read on this forum that some cases were sent back for further assessment. Overall, that's s*cks and I hope we'll hear back from them anywhere soon..

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
Yea still shows that the ceremony is tomorrow. Nothing has changed. What about yours? Also Mississauga office? Try to Call IRCC they at least can have a look at a file and provide some basic information if the file is still under the officer's review or just pending the date. I've read on this forum that some cases were sent back for further assessment. Overall, that's s*cks and I hope we'll hear back from them anywhere soon..
Yes, still showing that the ceremony is tomorrow. Yes, Mississauga office :(

Moura

Aug 17, 2021
I really don’t understand how the file can be sent back for further assessment after the oath being scheduled and received the emails with oath confirmation? I don’t know neither understand how they are working.

Reactions: Albert Frolov