+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremony cancelled administrative error

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
Inshallah! I hope we all get good news in the upcoming days and weeks! IRCC just needs to be more transparent, explain to people why exactly they wait, and make an effort to give even an approximate wait time for each individual case. Everyone would be so much less agitated then... We all are just one step away from becoming Canadians and it is reasonable to expect the government to pay a bit more attention to its citizens-to-be whose becoming part of this country was so abruptly - and eerily - halted...

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Inshallah! I hope we all get good news in the upcoming days and weeks! IRCC just needs to be more transparent, explain to people why exactly they wait, and make an effort to give even an approximate wait time for each individual case. Everyone would be so much less agitated then... We all are just one step away from becoming Canadians and it is reasonable to expect the government to pay a bit more attention to its citizens-to-be whose becoming part of this country was so abruptly - and eerily - halted...
Did you get the same update yesterday?

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
Did you get the same update yesterday?
No, I did not. I checked today and there is no change. My ceremony was on Sept 13, Scarborough. Possibly, mine is coming a week or two later. But, at least my MP told me this week that I am now in the "queue" for rescheduling. She also said that, in her personal opinion, the scheduling might take place in the next 4-6 weeks... But I am happy to see that there are changes in the files of other people. A ghost update generally is a good sign for more to come in a week or so.

Last edited:

Grottu

Oct 3, 2023
No, I did not. I checked today and there is no change. My ceremony was on Sept 13, Scarborough. Possibly, mine is coming a week or two later. But, at least my MP told me this week that I am now in the "queue" for rescheduling. She also said that, in her personal opinion, the scheduling might take place in the next 4-6 weeks... But I am happy to see that there are changes in the files of other people. A ghost update generally is a good sign for more to come in a week or so.
Interesting, in queue for rescheduling, mine was cancelled Aug 21 (got information two hours before ceremony!) and still nothing,

• Sad
Reactions: Rose@watan

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
My oath was canceled Aug 21, just contacted my MP, let him touch it, maybe it will help somehow because it’s stupid
I got my ghost one on last Sunday, by the way, but nothing else yet. The date of update was Oct 27. Let's keep the fingers crossed. Did you get your ghost one?

Last edited:

Sos12

Oct 13, 2023
My son and My husband got emails and phone calls from Mississauga office , saying that they cancelled the oath ceremony that supose to be tomorrow September 8th, due to an administrative error and will be rescheduled in due course.
Hello. Any update on rescheduling as mine got canceled on oct 17 as well due to administrative error. Does anyone know the meaning of that and any body rescheduled yet

Reactions: Rose@watan

Sos12

Oct 13, 2023
I got my ghost one on last Sunday, by the way, but nothing else yet. The date of update was Oct 27. Let's keep the fingers crossed. Did you get your ghost one?
Am wondering if anyone is scheduled yet?? Yes I got the funny ghost update , nothing changed. I fell so terrible and really pissed and tired.