Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
myself and family got our oath cancelled today for our oct 17 2023 date. It’s so frustrating and disappointing with 3 days to go. Any idea what this means ? It’s really heartbreaking after taking those days off .
Wow! Sorry to hear but which office and what time was ur oath. I have oath same day too….

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
myself and family got our oath cancelled today for our oct 17 2023 date. It’s so frustrating and disappointing with 3 days to go. Any idea what this means ? It’s really heartbreaking after taking those days off .
Yes, definitely heartbreaking, IRCC shouldn't play with the emotional of those individuals and families !! Hopefully they will reschedule the Oath soon.

Reactions: nifa87

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
My mother who is 55+ age, her oath was scheduled for September 26, but September 22 they cancelled it due to administrator error, which is kind of heartbreaking. So far there is no more updates.

• Sad

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
No updates by now.

It seems that those who have an administrative error as a reason are relegated to a different queue in the system than those who fail to attend the ceremony due to some reason. My wife's colleague has to skip his oath ceremony and they rescheduled him in a week or so (Scarborough office, the same with us). I wrote to them. I explained to them that my kids now have no documents to travel with, as their travel documents which we had to renew also got stuck in their system since June 2023. I said we need the passports ASAP because my kids cannot travel anywhere without documents. They recognized that we were scheduled "in error," apologized for the inconvenience, and repeated that they would "schedule" us "in due course." This time, they did not use the word "re-schedule," as if we had not been "scheduled" in the first place.

Also, I found out that there are people waiting from the mid-July. From some of my friends in my community, though, I heard that some people in our situation simply went to Mississauga office and said that they have to travel to USA due to some urgent reason. You know what happened? The officers executed the oath ceremony for them right on the spot. That damn simple. May God grant us patience.

Please keep updated. I will look at the chat in a week or so.

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
No updates by now.

It seems that those who have an administrative error as a reason are relegated to a different queue in the system than those who fail to attend the ceremony due to some reason. My wife's colleague has to skip his oath ceremony and they rescheduled him in a week or so (Scarborough office, the same with us). I wrote to them. I explained to them that my kids now have no documents to travel with, as their travel documents which we had to renew also got stuck in their system since June 2023. I said we need the passports ASAP because my kids cannot travel anywhere without documents. They recognized that we were scheduled "in error," apologized for the inconvenience, and repeated that they would "schedule" us "in due course." This time, they did not use the word "re-schedule," as if we had not been "scheduled" in the first place.

Also, I found out that there are people waiting from the mid-July. From some of my friends in my community, though, I heard that some people in our situation simply went to Mississauga office and said that they have to travel to USA due to some urgent reason. You know what happened? The officers executed the oath ceremony for them right on the spot. That damn simple. May God grant us patience.

Please keep updated. I will look at the chat in a week or so.
On my mother situation, I can see it's showing BG, Physical presence and Prohibitions are completed on the tracker, language skills on progress, that should be exempted due to age (54+), since those all three are completed, I don't understand which is holding them up to cancel the schedule, which is definately heartbreaking and IRCC is playing with our emotions. That's really unacceptable.

ShazLilly

Jul 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Mar 2016
Interview........
Aug 2016
Passport Req..
Aug 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2016
LANDED..........
Dec 2016
On my mother situation, I can see it's showing BG, Physical presence and Prohibitions are completed on the tracker, language skills on progress, that should be exempted due to age (54+), since those all three are completed, I don't understand which is holding them up to cancel the schedule, which is definately heartbreaking and IRCC is playing with our emotions. That's really unacceptable.
I'm over 55 too and got cancelled for September 22nd. Tracker shows everything is completed except language and test. Nothing yet from IRCC.

• Sad

Albert Frolov

Sep 12, 2023
No, no updates. I guess they put those with error in a group "ready for schedule," the average wait time for which is 4-6 months. That might explain the total absence of any updates from the mid-July onward, but it's only my guess... We must continue pushing through MPs and Web Form. If no update after 4-6 months, we should try contacting CBC journalists or something. In my case, my little kids are without any travel documents for 6 months thanks to IRCC' inability to process either their refugee travel documents (they got stuck in their system with no reason) or give us citizenship, so it's outrageous.

Grottu

Oct 3, 2023
Oath canceled aug 21 - got email two hours before ceremony…..it looks like they was placed for oath before all checks was completed and then thrown on some separate pile.
It’s a joke because my application is as simple as it could be, some offices now can process it and be done with everything as fast as 4 months…..now we was placed at the end of queue and have to wait another 3-4 months from cancellation time.

Reactions: Albert Frolov

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Oath canceled aug 21 - got email two hours before ceremony…..it looks like they was placed for oath before all checks was completed and then thrown on some separate pile.
It’s a joke because my application is as simple as it could be, some offices now can process it and be done with everything as fast as 4 months…..now we was placed at the end of queue and have to wait another 3-4 months from cancellation time.
Was lpp completeled on your tracker before oath was scheduled?

Grottu

Oct 3, 2023
Was lpp completeled on your tracker before oath was scheduled?
Everything was completed and goin well….but looks like not really, that’s why they calling it administrative error - had a chat with folks doing oath and they didn’t want to tell me what exactly was missing, just it has to be reviewed….

Reactions: Albert Frolov

Anusuna

Jul 29, 2023
I had my in person ceremony on 21 October Mississauga office but 19 October i got an email that my ceremony has been canceled for administrative error
So frustrated now how long have to wait