+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremony cancelled administrative error

cncoder

Jan 12, 2023
Anyone tried to figure out wht is this administration error is?? If any process is pending then how LPP is completed!!
I do not really know when I joined the oath which was cancelled. I was able to join and talk to the lady there. She told me that I had no problem on my side but they made a mistake and they will re-book me. I shouldn't have booked for that day. I was confused and asked her like when you cancel something that had a date, you are not supposed to come with a new date right after it got canceled. She said like I can not tell you anything further cause I have no information and I can not keep you here cause your case says your oath was cancelled. I asked her what I should do and she said I don't know I am sorry.

nifa87

Sep 19, 2023
Nothing on my end.. Since 1st of September (the date of my ceremony which was canceled..) ceremony part is in progress..

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Nothing on my end as well, since Sep. 7th was my ceremony date that was canceled
also, the ceremony section is still in progress (Mississauga office).

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
I do not really know when I joined the oath which was cancelled. I was able to join and talk to the lady there. She told me that I had no problem on my side but they made a mistake and they will re-book me. I shouldn't have booked for that day. I was confused and asked her like when you cancel something that had a date, you are not supposed to come with a new date right after it got canceled. She said like I can not tell you anything further cause I have no information and I can not keep you here cause your case says your oath was cancelled. I asked her what I should do and she said I don't know I am sorry.
Any updates on your end?

cr7777

Oct 11, 2023
My ceremony on Aug 30 was cancelled through an email I received on August 28, also citing "administrative error" and "mandatory checks". My file is being processed by the Scarborough office. I reached out to the MP, and awaiting their response. It seems to me that all these cancellations are not from the IRCC, but rather some background checks pending. I don't know why a lot of cases since August - It's bewildering.

Armin2023

Oct 11, 2023
Exactly the same things happened to me on similar dates.
My ceremony was on 30th Aug 2023, IRCC cancelled it on 28th Aug.
I called IRCC every week But they told , Scarborough office will be reschedule a new date!!!
I call IRCC today again, agent didn’t open my file and didn’t care.

Reactions: nifa87

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Nothing on my end as well, since Aug 21th was my ceremony date that was canceled
also, the ceremony section is still in progress (Mississauga office).

Sos12

Oct 13, 2023
myself and family got our oath cancelled today for our oct 17 2023 date. It’s so frustrating and disappointing with 3 days to go. Any idea what this means ? It’s really heartbreaking after taking those days off .