+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CERB Query

Arun Duggal

Apr 8, 2020
I am coming in Canada Jan 2020 and start working with McDonald in March 2020, I just start my job and get salary of 4 hour in my account approximately $49. Now I am at home and unable to go on my job due to covid. I don't not file any ITR till now. Please suggest me, shall I eligible to apply CERB for me during this period?????

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am coming in Canada Jan 2020 and start working with McDonald in March 2020, I just start my job and get salary of 4 hour in my account approximately $49. Now I am at home and unable to go on my job due to covid. I don't not file any ITR till now. Please suggest me, shall I eligible to apply CERB for me during this period?????
You are not eligible for CERB.

hirasaleem

Apr 8, 2020
I landed in Canada March 2019 and started my job in Dec 2019. I have stopped working in April 2020, because of not enough work (due to Covid 19) and I have no other source of income now. I dont have payroll amount of $5000 yet to apply for Cerb, neither I have enough hours worked to qualify for EI. What should I do? Can you help in this regard?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I landed in Canada March 2019 and started my job in Dec 2019. I have stopped working in April 2020, because of not enough work (due to Covid 19) and I have no other source of income now. I dont have payroll amount of $5000 yet to apply for Cerb, neither I have enough hours worked to qualify for EI. What should I do? Can you help in this regard?
Welfare would be your only option
I see that some stores Walmart, Loblaws are looking for help , you might want to look into those areas. Welfare doesn’t pay a lot

Gunnershat

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you show that you had a job on your return from parental leave and that that you have been laid off?
i am unable to return to Canada due to Lockdown and trapped due to no air connection. Can i apply for CERB as technically i am off work.

Gillh

Oct 19, 2019
Hi
I worked as employee till mid feb, then I quit my job and started new work as contractor (self employed) so my work was reduced bcoz of covid and I stopped my work. Will i be eligible to apply for Cerb? Please advise i m so confused right now.....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i am unable to return to Canada due to Lockdown and trapped due to no air connection. Can i apply for CERB as technically i am off work.
No. You did not lose your job to covid 19. On top of that you are missing a huge part of your story. You have been out of the country on parental leave for the past 6+ months it sounds like. What happened to the job you were supposed to rejoin after your parental leave a few weeks ago? It is probably too late now but seeing that there was a pandemic you should have changed your plans to make sure you could return. Canada did warn to return while you could still could I early March.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I worked as employee till mid feb, then I quit my job and started new work as contractor (self employed) so my work was reduced bcoz of covid and I stopped my work. Will i be eligible to apply for Cerb? Please advise i m so confused right now.....
Are you still doing any contract work?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I stopped for now since April 1st completely and just before that in last week of March I earned pretty much 50-70$.
What kind of permit do you have? When does your permit expire? Do you meet all the conditions? Did you make over 5K while you were in Canada?

Gillh

Oct 19, 2019
What kind of permit do you have? When does your permit expire? Do you meet all the conditions? Did you make over 5K while you were in Canada?
Yes i meet all other requirements i m canadian citizen and made 5k+ in 2019. I was not sure bcoz of my change in employment status.

Apr 13, 2020
Hello All,
I am a full time employee. Got laid off on march 20th.I applied for EI on 24th march, but still I haven't received neither the 4 digit acess code nor the CERB amount. Tried calling the customer care number, 1-800-206-7218 and several other numbers, nobody picks up even after a hold for 4 to 5 hrs. Can anyone advice me on how to be proceeded with. Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
I am a full time employee. Got laid off on march 20th.I applied for EI on 24th march, but still I haven't received neither the 4 digit acess code nor the CERB amount. Tried calling the customer care number, 1-800-206-7218 and several other numbers, nobody picks up even after a hold for 4 to 5 hrs. Can anyone advice me on how to be proceeded with. Thanks in advance.
You can’t apply for both. Did you apply for CERB as well?