+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP

hishammUSAMA

Mar 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has taken the CELPIP recently, even though it is unlikely the topics will be the same in regards to Writing & Speaking, however, it could be of help to study it. I took it in January but i retaking it in a month, need to improve my Writing & Speaking from an 8 to a 9.

Thanks in advance!
I have the same issue and it's very frustrating especially with the writing. I never got more than 8 in writing. I still have issues with the other sections but it's persistence with writing only. What's more frustrating is when you see in the study material some samples of writings for people who received 10-12 score only to see that it is much less advanced than your writing. It became nonsense to me and I've decided to do no more CELPIP and move to IELTS!

Reactions: javier.abraham

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I have the same issue and it's very frustrating especially with the writing. I never got more than 8 in writing. I still have issues with the other sections but it's persistence with writing only. What's more frustrating is when you see in the study material some samples of writings for people who received 10-12 score only to see that it is much less advanced than your writing. It became nonsense to me and I've decided to do no more CELPIP and move to IELTS!
I agree with you here. During practice tests I could clearly see that my assays were similar to 10-12 response if not better. But I got my scores today and I only got 8 in writing.

hari2371990

Jul 29, 2017
I have two things to ask regarding CELPIP score card.

I gave my test on 8th December 2017 and got my result on 20th December 2017. I applied for revaluation and got my result on 17th January.

While making up Express Entry, I have two columns,

1. Test results - What should I fill over there ?? Revaluation result date or actual result date
2. Test Report Form number or certificate number - I have only registration and PIN number on score card. What should I fill under this section

I will appreciate if someone helps me under this matter.

Thanks

octopus

Mar 13, 2014
Hello,
I'm going to appear CELPIP General Exam next month. I have been practicing listening and reading part by IELTS materials.
If anyone have materials(Book, Sample exam) specially for writing and speaking part. kindly share with me
Thanks

js_1979

Aug 21, 2018
Guys am planing on CELPIP in September 2018, happy to connect and hear your experiences.
I just got my results. My test was on Aug 11th.
Results are disappointing. I got L-8, R-11, W-7, S-6
I know I messed up in listening but expected more in Writing and Speaking. The samples with 7-8 score are way below the standard of what I had written on actual test. Also for speaking 6 is unexplainable.

Anyway, as soon as I got the results I have requested for re-evaluation. Lets see what happens.

dineshs

Jun 22, 2018
I just got my results. My test was on Aug 11th.
Results are disappointing. I got L-8, R-11, W-7, S-6
I know I messed up in listening but expected more in Writing and Speaking. The samples with 7-8 score are way below the standard of what I had written on actual test. Also for speaking 6 is unexplainable.

Anyway, as soon as I got the results I have requested for re-evaluation. Lets see what happens.
Same here I also gave CELPIP on 11th August 2018

My First attempt: L-9, R-10, W-7 and S-6
Second attempt: L-8, R-11, W-8 and S-6

After my first attempt I requested for re-evaluation but same result. This time I have lost confidence over re-evaluation.

According to me, CELPIP speaking is a mystery, no matter how aggressively you prepare and how better you perform. Bottom line you will be shocked by the results.

I will be happy to hear your feedback and experience with CELPIP speaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: js_1979

js_1979

Aug 21, 2018
Same here I also gave CELPIP on 11th August 2018

My First attempt: L-9, R-10, W-7 and S-6
Second attempt: L-8, R-11, W-8 and S-6

After my first attempt I requested for re-evaluation but same result. This time I have lost confidence over re-evaluation.

According to me, CELPIP speaking is a mystery, no matter how aggressively you prepare and how better you perform. Bottom line you will be shocked by the results.

I will be happy to hear your feedback and experience with CELPIP speaking.
Did you apply for re-evaluation?

also, is this default template for 6?

You are able to construct sentences with simple syntax and some moderately complex syntax.
  • In most familiar contexts, you are able to express your intended meaning through commonly used vocabulary.
  • You are able to express feelings, likes, dislikes, preferences and some of your attitudes towards commonplace objects and circumstances.
  • You are familiar with common social conventions and you are sometimes able to adjust your register to suit the social circumstances.
  • You are able to provide simple advice and also use persuasion. You can support your point of view with simple reasons.
  • You are able to express opinions and support with some simple reasons.
  • You are able to provide short descriptions of familiar situations and contexts and relate some basic information about unfamiliar situations or experiences.
  • You are able to provide narratives about personal experiences in familiar situations.

dineshs

Jun 22, 2018
Did you apply for re-evaluation?

also, is this default template for 6?

You are able to construct sentences with simple syntax and some moderately complex syntax.
  • In most familiar contexts, you are able to express your intended meaning through commonly used vocabulary.
  • You are able to express feelings, likes, dislikes, preferences and some of your attitudes towards commonplace objects and circumstances.
  • You are familiar with common social conventions and you are sometimes able to adjust your register to suit the social circumstances.
  • You are able to provide simple advice and also use persuasion. You can support your point of view with simple reasons.
  • You are able to express opinions and support with some simple reasons.
  • You are able to provide short descriptions of familiar situations and contexts and relate some basic information about unfamiliar situations or experiences.
  • You are able to provide narratives about personal experiences in familiar situations.
Waiting for re-evaluation result?