+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP writing word count 200

abinto

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Hi guys, I just finished my celpip test. just wondering if someone wrote more than 200 words in each writing task.
I had about 240 words for the letter and around 280 words for the opinion essay.

did any one of you got low score for writing more words than 200??

confused now..

and can we use the online result to fill in the express entry profile? is there any ref no provided in the online result? or do i need to wait for the letter to fill in the form?? please advice as I will get the online result on july 15th and the next draw may be on 17th. any Idea?? I am planning to do the express shipping if there is no draw until july 10 . hope it will reach my home on friday the 17th so that I can update the profile before 6 pm in AB

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Yes you can use the online result to create your profile.

I did the IELTS rather than the CELPIP and went over the word count but still got a good score in the writing section.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
in the official material it was stating to stay within + or - 10% of the required word count , still you can score good degree if the writing is good

abinto

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Thanks guys for the piece of mind. I have some tips for the people who are planning to do CELPIP.
i bought the 2 practice tests online and it was really helpful. Actually there was 3 same questions from the listening practice.

Try to utilize full 55 min for the writing and leave at least 5 min to review your writing. I was the last one to leave the room after the exam. i was alone for my speaking test and i was very happy that others finished their exam before my speaking. There was no distraction. for listening (first 2 parts ), read the first answer before the voice. it will save your time . you just have to check the rest 3 after the voice. reading is all about time management. if you can read the passage very fast and can get the meaning, you are good. for reading and listening , there is one extra part or test you will take which won't be marked. no one knows which one it will be. so even if you think you messed up one part, don't worry. it may not affect you. its entirely different to IELTS. Hope it helps.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm from a country where english is the main language....I found the writing part of the CELPIP the easiest and least confusing because I was more in control of what needed to be done. Took me about 10-15 minutes to complete both sections in total and I was one of the first people out the exam. My advice (even though you already wrote it), write just over the minimum word count, then take some time to proofread what you wrote. Making sure there's no grammatical or spelling errors and that overall it makes sense. You'll be fine. Remember it's not about how much you write (over the minimum), it's writing quality that is grammatically correct and shows a good grasp of the English language.

Reading - Would've been easy if it didn't seem like they were trying to confuse you with excess information

Writing - Easy

Listening - Very difficult to remember every little detail someone spoke about after they've spoken for 3 minutes straight. I had a hard time writing notes and listening

Speaking - Awkward sitting in room with like 30 other people, talking about odd topics to yourself. Was difficult to concentrate. Also, don't be worried about getting cut off because the time ended. Happened to me multiple times and I still got an 11 or 12.

As for documentation, you get mailed an official copy of the results. If memory serves me right, you only need the information about the test to setup your EE profile. I'd use the actual official score sheets they mailed out for the exam to be on the safe side though.

Brendon1984

Dec 3, 2018
I wrote more, don't remember exact number, probably about 220 or 230. Got 10 out of 12 for writing.
Hey, any tips on how you got 10 for writing?

I thought I did a near perfect writing section to receive an 8! You are the only one I've heard getting a 10!

Fire_f

Jul 4, 2019
hey thanks a lot for tips! I really need them now. Have my test scheduled on 19th. Very nervous. can you please share materials if possible, would very much appreciate. thanks

Fire_f

Jul 4, 2019
Thanks guys for the piece of mind. I have some tips for the people who are planning to do CELPIP.
i bought the 2 practice tests online and it was really helpful. Actually there was 3 same questions from the listening practice.

Try to utilize full 55 min for the writing and leave at least 5 min to review your writing. I was the last one to leave the room after the exam. i was alone for my speaking test and i was very happy that others finished their exam before my speaking. There was no distraction. for listening (first 2 parts ), read the first answer before the voice. it will save your time . you just have to check the rest 3 after the voice. reading is all about time management. if you can read the passage very fast and can get the meaning, you are good. for reading and listening , there is one extra part or test you will take which won't be marked. no one knows which one it will be. so even if you think you messed up one part, don't worry. it may not affect you. its entirely different to IELTS. Hope it helps.
hey thanks a lot for tips! I really need them now. Have my test scheduled on 19th. Very nervous. can you please share materials if possible, would very much appreciate. thanks