FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-11-2018
Nomination.....
12-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-02-2019
Well, let me share my experience with English language tests. Having done my masters my in US and working for near about 3 years in US , I was pretty confident with my English skills. (I have scored 102 in TOEFL as well about 4 years back).
I did not study much for my first IELTS test. Bombed it. Scored (Listening 7, Reading 6.5, Writing 7.5, Speaking 7).
I came to know about CELPIP and since it has similarity with TOEFL, I decided to schedule a CELPIP test. Got some mock tests from their official test. On the exam day, everything went smoothly , but I was really surprised by the speaking. We have to explain some weird looking pictures and the time was too short too. My score was Listening 10, Reading 12, Writing 8, Speaking 7.
Next I thought of again sit for CELPIP since there was a long wait time for IELTS. I decided to concentrate on my listening and speaking. Got few more study material and result was Listening 12, Reading 12, Writing 8, Speaking 8. I was sure I performed considerably better than last time and did not deserve 8 in writing and speaking. I applied for re-evaluation. After about 20 days, got a notification that the re-evaluation is complete but there was no change in my score. I was really frustrated with what is happening. Asked couple of my friends and they all said CELPIP knows that candidates need atleast 9 in each section, and they are really choosy to give 9 in speaking and writing. This is just simple scam.
I applied again for IELTS again but this time I solved about 5 full length mock test few days before my test date. Got the required score.Listening 8.5, Reading 9, Writing 7, Speaking 8. My suggestion to people who are facing similar situation as me, please shun away from CELPIP and try to concentrate on IELTS. It is much more standardized and fair,at least in my opinion.

Aashu5212

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Well, let me share my experience with English language tests. Having done my masters my in US and working for near about 3 years in US , I was pretty confident with my English skills. (I have scored 102 in TOEFL as well about 4 years back).
I did not study much for my first IELTS test. Bombed it. Scored (Listening 7, Reading 6.5, Writing 7.5, Speaking 7).
I came to know about CELPIP and since it has similarity with TOEFL, I decided to schedule a CELPIP test. Got some mock tests from their official test. On the exam day, everything went smoothly , but I was really surprised by the speaking. We have to explain some weird looking pictures and the time was too short too. My score was Listening 10, Reading 12, Writing 8, Speaking 7.
Next I thought of again sit for CELPIP since there was a long wait time for IELTS. I decided to concentrate on my listening and speaking. Got few more study material and result was Listening 12, Reading 12, Writing 8, Speaking 8. I was sure I performed considerably better than last time and did not deserve 8 in writing and speaking. I applied for re-evaluation. After about 20 days, got a notification that the re-evaluation is complete but there was no change in my score. I was really frustrated with what is happening. Asked couple of my friends and they all said CELPIP knows that candidates need atleast 9 in each section, and they are really choosy to give 9 in speaking and writing. This is just simple scam.
I applied again for IELTS again but this time I solved about 5 full length mock test few days before my test date. Got the required score.Listening 8.5, Reading 9, Writing 7, Speaking 8. My suggestion to people who are facing similar situation as me, please shun away from CELPIP and try to concentrate on IELTS. It is much more standardized and fair,at least in my opinion.
Nothing like that one of my friend got l11,r10,w9,s11 in celpip.