+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Celpip speaking

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
I got my second celpip result, that is disappointing...

1st test: 7/12/8/6(L/R/W/S) after re-evaluation of speaking: 7/12/8/7..

2nd test: 9/11/8/6(6 in speaking again!)...

I know I'm not really good at speaking..but...its too harsh....as I'm spending too much money...I got 6.5 when I did ielts...so I don't understand..I believe I'm better than 6...

In usual, How long does it take for re-evaluation? last time it took about 10 business day in my case...

Last time, they increased my speaking from 6->7... do they usually increase test taker's score if there is a big gap between other sections score?

And lastly....do you have any tips for high score in speaking?..I would like to know, please and thank you!

Reactions: Alya1234

Alya1234

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
I got my second celpip result, that is disappointing...

1st test: 7/12/8/6(L/R/W/S) after re-evaluation of speaking: 7/12/8/7..

2nd test: 9/11/8/6(6 in speaking again!)...

I know I'm not really good at speaking..but...its too harsh....as I'm spending too much money...I got 6.5 when I did ielts...so I don't understand..I believe I'm better than 6...

In usual, How long does it take for re-evaluation? last time it took about 10 business day in my case...

Last time, they increased my speaking from 6->7... do they usually increase test taker's score if there is a big gap between other sections score?

And lastly....do you have any tips for high score in speaking?..I would like to know, please and thank you!
hey
your score very good what material you used for to get those score

ameyakhil

Mar 19, 2018
Hi,

Can you please clarify as to whether the preparation time include reading the question as well in the Speaking tasks? Or are they separated?

I am preparing for CELPIP General and finding it challenging to finish reading the question and planning the response in the given Prep time.

Reactions: Alya1234

Alya1234

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Listening is ok but reading it is very difficult as they last time increase the number of the questions in reading but writing is ok as you will find similar questions in online practice exams but speaking is really challenging

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
hey, I didn't study for reading/listening/writing other than trying celpip free study material out. I studied speaking though, but my speaking score is just so funny and bad lol don't know

ameyakhil

Mar 19, 2018
hey, I didn't study for reading/listening/writing other than trying celpip free study material out. I studied speaking though, but my speaking score is just so funny and bad lol don't know
Hey, Could you please clarify if the preparation time in the Speaking tasks include both reading the question and planning the response? Or is it that you read the question first and then the preparation timer starts?

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
Hey, Could you please clarify if the preparation time in the Speaking tasks include both reading the question and planning the response? Or is it that you read the question first and then the preparation timer starts?
I'm sorry, I can't remember that...I think that includes both reading and planning, if they just let you read the question forever that doesn't make sense, so I think reading & planning at same time or right after you can see the question, prep time starts.

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
The timer starts as soon as the question appears on the screen. Therefore, you have to read the question as well as prepare the response in the given time.

Gjg2018

Mar 20, 2018
I got 7 in my speaking score (general). I too was dissaponted. I have lived in the US and Canada for +10 years and speak fluently.
My advise is to practise with native speakers.