+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP RE-EVALUATION 2017

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
You were so close in your second attempt. Did you requester EOR (Re-evaluation) for your Writing? They are not too keen on giving 7s there but my wife got 6.5 and after the EOR it boosted to 7.5 so she got a full point. If I were you I would continue on IELTS
Yeah, I was almost there with the second attempt in IELTS but didn't reevaluate thinking that boosting up the score by 1 full band is impossible.
But its clear from your experience that if I was certain then I should have reevaluated it.
Thanks for sharing this, looks like I should give IELTS a go!

Thanks!

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I definitely agree with you that reevaluation should always be tried. There is always a chance.

I don’t have any idea of how my writing was this bad in IELTS, but it still seems to be closer for me to reach a desired mark than CELPIP.

Good luck on it and keep us posted!!
Sure thing!

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Oh man, that is so great to read this!! I got a 6.5 and am waiting for a re-evaluation. I am sure that I did better than the grade they gave me..

Could you tell me how long it took from the day your wife applied for a re-evaluation to the day the result came out? And when was it? This month, last year..?

Wondering how long mine will take!
It was around 6 weeks back in October.

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Yeah, I was almost there with the second attempt in IELTS but didn't reevaluate thinking that boosting up the score by 1 full band is impossible.
But its clear from your experience that if I was certain then I should have reevaluated it.
Thanks for sharing this, looks like I should give IELTS a go!

Thanks!
Yes, best of luck!!!

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hi everybody,

I took the CELPIP test in December 2017 for the first time but couldn't score 9 in each so I retook it 2 weeks ago.
I've got the score now and it's: L9, R11, W8, S8.
I'm sure that in Speaking I did better than 8 but unsure about the Writing. I at least need 9 in each.
Can anyone advice on applying for reevaluation in Writing and Speaking?

Thanks in advance!
I decided to reevaluate Writing and Speaking but scores didn't change :(
Going for IELTS now.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hello all,

After 3 unsuccessful (because I couldn't get CLB 9 in each) attempts with CELPIP, I decided to take IELTS and got what I was aiming for in one shot.

My IELTS score: L-8.5 (CLB 10-12), R-7.5 (CLB 9), W-7 (CLB 9), S-8 (CLB 10-12).

My CRS score on EE profile pumped up from 383 to 447, a huge boost of 64.

Here's my take on 'IELTS vs CELPIP':
Don't take CELPIP if writing is the only component for which you aren't able to improve with IELTS, for the following reasons:
1. CELPIP seems a bit easier test, especially because we're writing on a computer, but their marking for writing is illogically tough. No matter how much I improved, I always ended up having 8 in writing.
2. CELPIP's speaking test's marking is insanely strict for foreign speakers. I got 8.5 (out of 9) and 8 (out of 9) in speaking with my first and second attempt with IELTS respectively, but couldn't get more than 8 (out of 12) with two of my CELPIP attempts.

Conclusion: CELPIP seems easier but their marking is very strict for writing and speaking, whereas IELTS, although seems a bit tougher, its marking is way more logical and accurate. Undoubtedly, I'd recommend IELTS over CELPIP now.

Good luck,
:)

ryanbraving

Jul 31, 2018
Hi All,
I have requested for re-evaluation on 17th July. They are saying that it will be completed within 2-3 weeks. Any chance to get it at two weeks?

paul85

Sep 23, 2016
I have received my CELPIP score today and really disappointed with my speaking score.
My score-L-9, R-9, W-8, S-6.
I am pretty confident to get score 9 in speaking but this is unbelievable they gave me 6! Do you think if I ask for re-evaluation whether it will change or not?
I just need 7!

Last edited:

Shylock

Jul 31, 2018
I have received my CELPIP score today and really disappointed with my speaking score.
I am pretty confident to get score 9 in speaking but this is unbelievable they gave me 6! Do you think if I ask for re-evaluation whether it will change or not?
I just need 7!
Based on what I've read so far, I'd say you should definitely go for a revaluation.
I also got my results today. Got 8 in writing, need 9. Applied for reval. It's basically a gamble of 55 bucks. Chances are slim, but it seems well worth a try to me.
All the best!

Reactions: paul85

paul85

Sep 23, 2016
Based on what I've read so far, I'd say you should definitely go for a revaluation.
I also got my results today. Got 8 in writing, need 9. Applied for reval. It's basically a gamble of 55 bucks. Chances are slim, but it seems well worth a try to me.
All the best!
I will give a try and let’s see what happens!

ryanbraving

Jul 31, 2018
My wife and I did re evaluation and it took exactly 2 weeks. The results were disappointing.
We got 12 in both reading and listening but 8 in both writing and speaking and the results didn’t change after re evaluation. We are not native speakers but have been living in NZ for a while. We had done IELTS long time ago and could easily get 7.5 in both written and speaking. This celpip is just a business. We go for IELTS and are very confident that we get what we want. Don’t waste your time on celpip. My understanding is once they realise you are not native speaker they reluctantly give you a score more than 9 on Speaking and Writing. To me celpip is just a business and not a standard english exam.

Shylock

Jul 31, 2018
My wife and I did re evaluation and it took exactly 2 weeks. The results were disappointing.
We got 12 in both reading and listening but 8 in both writing and speaking and the results didn’t change after re evaluation. We are not native speakers but have been living in NZ for a while. We had done IELTS long time ago and could easily get 7.5 in both written and speaking. This celpip is just a business. We go for IELTS and are very confident that we get what we want. Don’t waste your time on celpip. My understanding is once they realise you are not native speaker they reluctantly give you a score more than 9 on Speaking and Writing. To me celpip is just a business and not a standard english exam.
Celpip looks very easy on the surface, but I've also come across a few posts talking about scoring not having matured enough for Writing and Speaking tasks. First language exam I gave was IELTS. L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-6.5. I definitely needed to do better in writing. So, this time I prepared hard and followed all tips mentioned for CELPIP writing. That's why I'm a bit taken aback after seeing an 8 on my Writing score.
If reval doesn't work out, I'm planning to go for IELTS one more time.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
I just need 7!
Many people have claimed scores get boosted up from 7 to at least 8, if not 9. So you should give ir a go!

Good luck

Reactions: paul85

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Celpip looks very easy on the surface, but I've also come across a few posts talking about scoring not having matured enough for Writing and Speaking tasks. First language exam I gave was IELTS. L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-6.5. I definitely needed to do better in writing. So, this time I prepared hard and followed all tips mentioned for CELPIP writing. That's why I'm a bit taken aback after seeing an 8 on my Writing score.
If reval doesn't work out, I'm planning to go for IELTS one more time.
You must take IELTS, in my view, because I have read many posts and know nobody getting 9 in both writing and speaking.
Nut sure, but CELPIP looks like a business scam.

Good luck

Reactions: tofy79 and Shylock