21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Dear Experts or seniors,
I am currently working in Canada and got more than 16 months work experienced so i would like to apply PR Through FSW but i need IELTS or CELPIP Test score which is CLB 7 as per cic website.I gave already ielts exam on November 21,2015 but didn't get required score,So my friends advised me to give CELPIP Test because it is much more easier than IELTS?Is it true?But i know the concepts of IELTS because i gave one exam already?
I would be really appreciated if someone could answer my questions
Thanks in adavance
Rabin

Mo2016

Dec 20, 2015
Visa Office......
Inland-FSW
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
It is hard for anyone to answer your question. I was looking my self into this issue and what I found is very contradicted opinions. Now definitely not much difference is expected but if you are good with listening go to IELTS and if you are good with speaking do the CELPIP. You see that is because it hard to get 8 in listening part in IELTS which is what needed to get CLB 9. On the other hand , you will be speaking to computer in the speaking part in CELPIP.

Another advantage in favour of IELTS that is you have this wealth of materials, lots of previous exams and educational videos, while there is not that much of materials for the CELPIP except one exam provided in their official website.

Some people may argue that CELPIP is better for those has been living in Canada since the accent will be pretty familiar.Moreover, you will find much of the topics come from the daily life activities in Canada.

I hope that helps you to decide which exam to take.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Mo2016 said:
It is hard for anyone to answer your question. I was looking my self into this issue and what I found is very contradicted opinions. Now definitely not much difference is expected but if you are good with listening go to IELTS and if you are good with speaking do the CELPIP. You see that is because it hard to get 8 in listening part in IELTS which is what needed to get CLB 9. On the other hand , you will be speaking to computer in the speaking part in CELPIP.

Another advantage in favour of IELTS that is you have this wealth of materials, lots of previous exams and educational videos, while there is not that much of materials for the CELPIP except one exam provided in their official website.

Some people may argue that CELPIP is better for those has been living in Canada since the accent will be pretty familiar.Moreover, you will find much of the topics come from the daily life activities in Canada.

I hope that helps you to decide which exam to take.
Thank you so much for your advised

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
I took the CELPIP over IELTS just because it was easier to schedule (and I think cheaper). I ended up with 12 on all parts except for writing, where I ended up with a 10. I prefer it because it's on a computer (I hate hand-writing) and also given it's recorded on the computer, you can request re-scores and many people, myself included, had their points go up when getting a re-score

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
TheMaze said:
I took the CELPIP over IELTS just because it was easier to schedule (and I think cheaper). I ended up with 12 on all parts except for writing, where I ended up with a 10. I prefer it because it's on a computer (I hate hand-writing) and also given it's recorded on the computer, you can request re-scores and many people, myself included, had their points go up when getting a re-score
Thanks for your advised,one thing i know the concepts of IELTS but i have never given CELPIP exam so how can i practice?is there any links?So can i book CELPIP in next months?How hard do i need to practice?
Rabin

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
the celpip company website has practice material for purchase and sample tests. go to celpiptest.ca click on the test taker information tab and choose study materials or study tips. the study tips pages has sample tests.

TheMaze

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
RabinJi said:
Thanks for your advised,one thing i know the concepts of IELTS but i have never given CELPIP exam so how can i practice?is there any links?So can i book CELPIP in next months?How hard do i need to practice?
Rabin
I'm a native english speaker - I didn't do any prep work at all, just showed up and took it