+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

celpip drop down menu problem in pr online application

steffo

Jan 10, 2017
Hi all,

I'm about to submit my PR application (CEC), but I have a little problem choosing the right celpip from the current drop down menu.

My choices are CELIP-G and CELPIP-General 2014

I took the test in September 2016, so I went with CELPIP-General 2014. (Test taken after April 1st 2014)

Clicking on the help button now reveals the information 'We only accept: ..., and CELPIP-G for English.'

Now the cic websites state the following:

'We only accept these tests for Express Entry:

For English

CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program – CELPIP-General 2014
(If you took the test before April 1, 2014, you would have had to take the “CELPIP-General (CELPIP-G)” test.)'

and:

'Language tests we accept

You can take any of these approved language tests:

CELPIP has two different tests. You must take the “CELPIP-General” test to support your immigration application. ...'

I'm very sorry to bring this up, but I can't find the right answer neither in the forum nor elsewhere on the internet.
It doesn't seem to make any sense anymore. :-\
What did you guys chose?

kind regards,
steffo

ramu_rokey

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPEC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-07-2016
Doc's Request.
01-24-2017
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
22-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
steffo said:
Hi all,

I'm about to submit my PR application (CEC), but I have a little problem choosing the right celpip from the current drop down menu.

My choices are CELIP-G and CELPIP-General 2014

I took the test in September 2016, so I went with CELPIP-General 2014. (Test taken after April 1st 2014)

Clicking on the help button now reveals the information 'We only accept: ..., and CELPIP-G for English.'

Now the cic websites state the following:

'We only accept these tests for Express Entry:

For English

CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program – CELPIP-General 2014
(If you took the test before April 1, 2014, you would have had to take the “CELPIP-General (CELPIP-G)” test.)'

and:

'Language tests we accept

You can take any of these approved language tests:

CELPIP has two different tests. You must take the “CELPIP-General” test to support your immigration application. ...'

I'm very sorry to bring this up, but I can't find the right answer neither in the forum nor elsewhere on the internet.
It doesn't seem to make any sense anymore. :-\
What did you guys chose?

kind regards,
steffo
Call CIC and they might help you, because language test is an important criteria for making decision, so dont take chances on others ans get official information on those from CIC agent

steffo

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks. Yeah better to be safe.
I was just curious about what the thousands of applicants in the past months put there, cause nobody seemed to have a problem with that. Maybe cic's now planting individual bugs ;)
Cheers

cowb0yd4n

Feb 2, 2017
Hi steffo - did you get to the bottom of this? I am in exactly the same boat. I rang CIC and they were unable to advise any further. Unsure what to do next...