+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
Hi there!
I will be completing my 1 year of work experience on PGWP.
Because of the covid, my job was to work from home entirely and i had to travel during that outside Canada and work from outside Canada for a few months since my company allowed.
Does my work outside of Canada still count as Canadian experience because I was working for a Canadian company and I have all the paystubs to prove that?
I would really appreciate your insights on that please

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there!
Because of the covid, my job was to work from home entirely and i had to travel during that outside Canada and work from outside Canada for a few months since my company allowed.
Does my work outside of Canada still count as Canadian experience because I was working for a Canadian company and I have all the paystubs to prove that?

Thank you
No your work experience outside Canada can’t be counted as Canadian experience, only experience IN the country as per requirements. You can count is a foreign experience.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
No your work experience outside Canada can’t be counted as Canadian experience, only experience IN the country as per requirements. You can count is a foreign experience.
Even though I still have all the paystubs and letter of experience from my employer?
What if i still submit my profile and accept the ITA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Even though I still have all the paystubs and letter of experience from my employer?
What if i still submit my profile and accept the ITA?
You need one year of experience inside Canada. It is in the requirements. If you submit profile and accpet the ITA without one year Canadian experience for CEC draw and try to use experience outside Canada that is misrepresentation. Here is a thread from yesterday on the same issue.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-remote-work.755235/#post-9906739

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
You need one year of experience inside Canada. It is in the requirements. If you submit profile and accpet the ITA without one year Canadian experience for CEC draw and try to use experience outside Canada that is misrepresentation. Here is a thread from yesterday on the same issue.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-remote-work.755235/#post-9906739
Thanks for your prompt responses.
Also, during my studies in Canada, i was part-time for a few of my semesters. Would that make any difference for my PR application?
When i applied for my PGWP, I explained the reason for being part-time but my PGWP was approved.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
You need one year of experience inside Canada. It is in the requirements. If you submit a profile and accept the ITA without one-year Canadian experience for CEC draw and try to use experience outside Canada that is a misrepresentation. Here is a thread from yesterday on the same issue.

Should I wait for another 6-months, Can I count a 2-weeks break from 1 year of experience and apply after 5.5 months?? or can I try my luck, the worst case they can reject it and I have to reapply?
Do I have any other options?

I am honestly not sure how to proceed on this, please let me know what you recommend
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should I wait for another 6-months, Can I count a 2-weeks break from 1 year of experience and apply after 5.5 months?? or can I try my luck, the worst case they can reject it and I have to reapply?
Do I have any other options?

I am honestly not sure how to proceed on this, please let me know what you recommend
Thanks
How much work experience do you have in Canada? Are you eligible for EE-FSW without Canadian experience? If so submit a profile and have your name in the pool.

fq786

Jun 9, 2021
I have worked 6-months outside Canada for a Canadian company and have pay stubs to prove that.
It's now almost 6 months working in Canada. Together it makes a year.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have worked 6-months outside Canada for a Canadian company and have pay stubs to prove that.
So you have 6 months of Canadian experience. You need another 6 months to be eligible for CEC.

Prabh9257

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
This is known as misrepresentation. It have very serious consequences. I would suggest keep working and gain the required 1560 hours of experience in Canada. Anyhow there are no CEC draws going on

tayshaun4

Feb 13, 2022
Hi there!
Because of the covid, my job was to work invest in turkey from home entirely and i had to travel during that outside Canada and work from outside Canada for a few months since my company allowed.

Thank you
You need another 6 months to be eligible for CEC.

Last edited:

RaviChand

Jul 26, 2021
I have been working in Canada since Jan2021. As part of my job, I frequently made business trips to the US (1-week max). Can I claim 1-year of experience in Canada for CEC?
Any guidance is appreciated.
Thank you!