+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
Yes, my timeline is updated.

Communication with my MP has been basically me just complaining and asking them to help expedite the process but so far nothing.

They say they are limited to only asking for updates (which they get pretty quick compared to me calling IRCC over the phone directly), but their hands are tied because the estimated processing time keeps getting pushed further and if my file hasn't exceeded the processing time, they can't do anything about it.

Last week my MP's office said they would ask again for an update, and today they replied saying that the only update they received today (since last update on June 29th) is that sometime between the last update and today, my case file had been assigned to an officer. That was all.
That probably means that you’ll hear from them pretty soon. What I have understood from GCMS notes is that there’s someone responsible for load distribution at each CPC/VO whose job is to assign cases to Case Processing Officers and manage the overall load. To my understanding, there’s some kind of a pool where all the cases are kept while waiting to be assigned. The case assignments are based on the complexity of the file rather than AORs (unfair, but seems like so). This causes some files with later AORs to be processed before the older submissions.

Long story short, you are almost (ALMOST) there. Fingers crossed :D

Reactions: soroush_master

soroush_master

Star Member
Jan 14, 2022
Yes, my timeline is updated.

Communication with my MP has been basically me just complaining and asking them to help expedite the process but so far nothing.

They say they are limited to only asking for updates (which they get pretty quick compared to me calling IRCC over the phone directly), but their hands are tied because the estimated processing time keeps getting pushed further and if my file hasn't exceeded the processing time, they can't do anything about it.

Last week my MP's office said they would ask again for an update, and today they replied saying that the only update they received today (since last update on June 29th) is that sometime between the last update and today, my case file had been assigned to an officer. That was all.
Hard to tell, but my guess is that the officer most likely is reviewing your criminality and security. What does your GCKEY account show for BG?

oreonapple

Nov 27, 2019
AOR Sep 24th
CEC inland

My profile got an update: you don't need a medical exam.
The last update was Nov 2, 2021: You passed the medical exam.

Does this mean someone is processing my case, or it's just an automatic update?

blitz123

May 26, 2022
AOR Sep 24th
CEC inland

They are definitely working on your case and you will get approval real soon. There's very little automation in the review process afaik lol so if you see an update then someone definitely touched your files.

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
AOR Sep 24th
CEC inland

It just means your medicals are expired in the system. Mine expired on Monday. I also knew the validity date (thanks to GCMS notes).

watermelonasa5

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
It just means your medicals are expired in the system. Mine expired on Monday. I also knew the validity date (thanks to GCMS notes).
My medical will expire on october 3, 2022, in that case do i have to give a remedical after its expired? will it ask for a remedical in the online portal or will it pass automatically again?

asiqur

Dec 8, 2021
My medical will expire on october 3, 2022, in that case do i have to give a remedical after its expired? will it ask for a remedical in the online portal or will it pass automatically again?
I don't recall anyone who might have been requested for remedical, unless their medicals were way too old (2018-2020) or they have been outside for extended periods. But I don't know the policy for sure, and it mostly depends on the case processing officers, as it's their discretion. So hopefully your current medical would be considered (if not more than a year old).