+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Not sure what is happening, nothing is moving. The background check says (after 4 months) -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Earlier (In Oct) it was "We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information". There were 2 GUs and emails. After that no update at all.

I have stopped regularly checking the portal, but it is more than 4 months now (AOR 1 Sep). Looks like need to start counting reverse from 6 months/180 days timeline; as of today 124 days over.

Except for old medical, I feel all the relevant documents/references were shared with them. Below status is there for many days -
  • We do not need additional documents.
For medical, below status is there for many days
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Heard a few people got the portal confirmation email on 30th, 31st Dec and on 1st and 2nd Jan too.

Reactions: jjwu

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
Not sure what is happening, nothing is moving. The background check says (after 4 months) -
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Earlier (In Oct) it was "We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information". There were 2 GUs and emails. After that no update at all.

I have stopped regularly checking the portal, but it is more than 4 months now (AOR 1 Sep). Looks like need to start counting reverse from 6 months/180 days timeline; as of today 124 days over.

Except for old medical, I feel all the relevant documents/references were shared with them. Below status is there for many days -
  • We do not need additional documents.
For medical, below status is there for many days
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Heard a few people got the portal confirmation email on 30th, 31st Dec and on 1st and 2nd Jan too.
I did not even get the ghost update.
AOR 6th Sept,
Medical Passed on 20th Oct.
No update after that, even background not started.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Thank you for your response. I am really worried now as when I last called the IRCC client team last week and he said you have already given all your documents and we do not need any additional documents. Now do not know what's missing.
Do I need to submit for both myself and my spouse as the request letter says only for my name?
I see it as a positive sign, at least something is moving for you and they are almost okay with your case. They only need additional supporting information. It is really a positive thing for you because they have not rejected the application which they did in some cases. I am sure you will get a positive response very soon.

All the best.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
I did not even get the ghost update.
AOR 6th Sept,
Medical Passed on 20th Oct.
No update after that, even background not started.
:( Do not know what to say, something very strange. All the applications are processed differently, some officials complete the assessment fast and update the portal regularly, some are not updating and perhaps taking more time before updating anything on the portal.
The processing time and portal update process are not uniform in all the cases, for sure.
Some applications are complex and need to be reviewed for many points.

Pghai081

Jan 8, 2018
:( Do not know what to say, something very strange. All the applications are processed differently, some officials complete the assessment fast and update the portal regularly, some are not updating and perhaps taking more time before updating anything on the portal.
The processing time and portal update process are not uniform in all the cases, for sure.
Some applications are complex and need to be reviewed for many points.
I do not think that my application is that complex.
- No dependents
- 2 years of Master in Canada
- 1 yr work-ex in Canada
- ~2yr of Foreign Work experience.
- Have traveled to 3 countries in the past for less than 10 days.

Should I try to submit a web form and anything?

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
- No dependents
- 1 yr work-ex in Canada
- Have travelled to 3 countries in the past for less than 10 days.

Then something very strange. From the documentation perspective, I feel my documents were more than enough. But yeah complexity wise it has 2 dependents, 10 yrs experience in a foreign country (myself and my spouse), travelled to 3 countries. I have seen people with such profiles got approval in 2-3 months, so do not think it is that complex. However, again it is all luck and their priority.

Turbo43

Nov 8, 2021
Guys.. I have been asked for new medicals for myself and my both dependents. Old medicals they had passed only once on 21st October and today they sent a request for new medicals.
Also, they have requested for schedule A form. I am really worried now. Please suggest why the schedule A form now.
Sorry to hear that, how old were your medicals? And were your dependents outside Canada?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sorry to hear that, how old were your medicals? And were your dependents outside Canada?
He had from 2019, which seems strange.

Did you travel? @manishsap21 ? Like been out of Canada in past 1 year or so?

Also whats your VO? You can find out by GCMS Notes, or just give IRCC a call and ask for your VO.

Ashnit

Aug 30, 2021
Hello friends ,

Please advise application submitted on Sep 10,2021 and neither biometric nor medical updated in system. What should be further course of action .

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
- No dependents
- 1 yr work-ex in Canada
- Have traveled to 3 countries in the past for less than 10 days.

Hey, you're not alone. Complexity wise, our applications are the same:
- No dependents
- 1 year of Foreign Work Experience
- I traveled to Canada three times in the last 10 years (when residing in another country)
- 1 yr of work experience in Canada
- Degrees from American Universities

AOR September 8th
Medicals passed on Oct 18th
Biometrics updated Oct 27th
Only GU was December 29 (I haven't heard anything since)

Order GCMS notes to see what's happening with your application or give IRCC a call.

Last edited:

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
He had from 2019, which seems strange.

Did you travel? @manishsap21 ? Like been out of Canada in past 1 year or so?

Also whats your VO? You can find out by GCMS Notes, or just give IRCC a call and ask for your VO.
yes thats's bothering. Mine and my spouse/kid medical was done in Dec 2019 and we came to Canada in Feb 2020 (been out for 2 years from home now) since then have not even left outside of Toronto due to Covid. Not this thing along with the Schedule A form is making me more worried.
My VO is CPC Ottawa.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
yes thats's bothering. Mine and my spouse/kid medical was done in Dec 2019 and we came to Canada in Feb 2020 (been out for 2 years from home now) since then have not even left outside of Toronto due to Covid. Not this thing along with the Schedule A form is making me more worried.
My VO is CPC Ottawa.
Thats weird... Try talking to the Customer Support about it and send a webform regarding your situation. Also attach this policy :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/exempt-ime-2021.html

Could this ... be the reason :
  • Has not resided or stayed for a total period in excess of six months in an area that the Minister determines has a higher incidence of serious communicable disease than Canada in application of subsection 30(2) of the Regulations (i.e., identified on IRCC’s tuberculosis designated country and territory list available on the IRCC Web site) within the year prior to the coming into effect of this temporary public policy.
I think the VO made a mistake or there is something in your family's medical profile. Most likely, VO missed that medical policy has been extended.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Dec 2019. Myself and Spouse/kid are here in Canada from Feb 2020 and have not even left outside of Toronto.
Now that the Covid is again on peak they want us to get the medicals done.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Thats weird... Try talking to the Customer Support about it and send a webform regarding your situation. Also attach this policy :
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/exempt-ime-2021.html

Could this ... be the reason :

I think the VO made a mistake or there is something in your family's medical profile. Most likely, VO missed that medical policy has been extended.
I dont know what was the issue and have spoken to the client support center last week when they said nothing is required for now.
No issues of any medical history. Will see how it goes now.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I dont know what was the issue and have spoken to the client support center last week when they said nothing is required for now.
No issues of any medical history. Will see how it goes now.
Canada's immigration system is fucked up. I got stupid RCMP and you got medical bullshit. Do not know what the fuck happens next.