+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

sandeep2021

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hey when you upload the photo, did you crop till you chin touches the green lines or just submitted it the way it is ?
Yes I am sending the resized one. The pixel change will change resolution but wont tamper it. So all good
Yes, I crop the photo till then chin and everything. So what resolution are you sending it and how are you changing the pixels.

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Were you able to get a solution of it? I am facing the same issue
My brain so fried you could add hot sauce to it. Lol.
Okay so go to resize pixel online and change the pixel length n width but keep the fixed ratio button checked on. Then send the photo. Try 4200 x 3000 resolution. Can you tell me if we do that stupid blueline box and green line to chin cropping when we upload image?

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Yes, I crop the photo till then chin and everything. So what resolution are you sending it and how are you changing the pixels.
Okay so go to resizepixel.com its the first search with comes up on google. Choose length 4200 pixels and width 3000 pixels. Keep fixed ratio on. If fixed ratio messes the numbers, Uncheck it and put 4200 x 3000. And youll be good. Okay ill do the chin part. Either all of us get rejected or we all party !! The devs for this website are high on something

CorvusCorax

Nov 1, 2021
Hi all!

We haven't received any notification (email, message in CIC profile etc.) indicating that we've passed the R10 Completion Check.
  1. Is this normal?
  2. What do you recommend we should do?
  3. Should we order our GCMS notes?

Please find our timeline below:
  • AOR: Sep 5, 2021
  • UCIs updated: Oct 11, 2021
  • Biometrics updated (reused from TR applications): Oct 11, 2021
  • GU: Nov 5, 2021
  • MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification; medical exams took place after AOR)

Background Check has been unchanged since AOR: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi all!

We haven't received any notification (email, message in CIC profile etc.) indicating that we've passed the R10 Completion Check.
  1. Is this normal?

• MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification; medical exams took place after AOR)

Background Check has been unchanged since AOR: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
There is NO overt indication of R10 pass. That being said, MEP is fairly decent indicator that your R10 has passed.
Actually R10 is a very simple procedure of checking that all basic documents are in place.

Reactions: CorvusCorax

sukhmeet1010

Nov 28, 2021
Okay so go to resizepixel.com its the first search with comes up on google. Choose length 4200 pixels and width 3000 pixels. Keep fixed ratio on. If fixed ratio messes the numbers, Uncheck it and put 4200 x 3000. And youll be good. Okay ill do the chin part. Either all of us get rejected or we all party !! The devs for this website are high on something
I have uploaded my photo which is 1680 X 1200 with a "warning" that my pixel of the photo does not meet the requirements. will I be facing any issues or it'll be alright?

and if they do reject my photo, will I be able to upload it again in the portal? because in the confirmation mail it states that I only have 7 days to confirm my status. I'm under a lot of stress.

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
Hi all!

1. Is this normal?

Homie, you just had your profile updated on the 23rd, that was 5 days ago, that's a pretty good indicator that your application is being reviewed/processed. Also, I don't think there's a R10 event.

While I understand it's little comfort, I've seen quite a few people who received their portal invitations without receiving any updates to their profiles. If you look in the August thread there are a LOT of people who are still waiting for approval and anecdotally not everyone appears to be getting updates at all. My profile hasn't been updated since Oct 27th when I submitted my biometrics.

Reactions: CorvusCorax

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I have uploaded my photo which is 1680 X 1200 with a "warning" that my pixel of the photo does not meet the requirements. will I be facing any issues or it'll be alright?

and if they do reject my photo, will I be able to upload it again in the portal? because in the confirmation mail it states that I only have 7 days to confirm my status. I'm under a lot of stress.
Hey man sorry to hear that. So I upload by changing resolution to 4200 x 3000. i had the same issue and couple of others on here as well. Honestly we dont know if its the right thing to do. It doesnt give us any errors but would it be accepted by VO or not we dont know. My line of thinking was, I rather not have any errors showing up when uploading the photo. Its your call, if you do change the resolution, you will have to do it online on website called resize pixel. I put height as 4200 and width as 3000. All the best!

Showmik

Apr 21, 2021
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
Okay so go to resize pixel online and change the pixel length n width but keep the fixed ratio button checked on. Then send the photo. Try 4200 x 3000 resolution. Can you tell me if we do that stupid blueline box and green line to chin cropping when we upload image?
Yes, it's better to do that. I already took that 50 mm x 70 mm picture some 6 months back and thus it didn't/doesn't create an issue doing that - in fact the size/dimension contrast makes it much better than existing picture I have. How did you get over the brightness (too dark or too bright) issue? My picture is a lot bright but I still tried both - reducing or increasing the brightness but still getting the error

Showmik

Apr 21, 2021
Windsor, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-07-2021
My brain is fried too, stretched a 12 hours shift and have been working on changing the pixel resolution and brightness for the last 5-6 hours. Got around the resolution but nothing is working on the brightness.

sukhmeet1010

Nov 28, 2021
Hey man sorry to hear that. So I upload by changing resolution to 4200 x 3000. i had the same issue and couple of others on here as well. Honestly we dont know if its the right thing to do. It doesnt give us any errors but would it be accepted by VO or not we dont know. My line of thinking was, I rather not have any errors showing up when uploading the photo. Its your call, if you do change the resolution, you will have to do it online on website called resize pixel. I put height as 4200 and width as 3000. All the best!
have you received your eCOPR yet ?? And if not, will we be only receiving it after getting our photo approved or we will get it before the approval of photo ??

rkukretti

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Homie, you just had your profile updated on the 23rd, that was 5 days ago, that's a pretty good indicator that your application is being reviewed/processed. Also, I don't think there's a R10 event.

While I understand it's little comfort, I've seen quite a few people who received their portal invitations without receiving any updates to their profiles. If you look in the August thread there are a LOT of people who are still waiting for approval and anecdotally not everyone appears to be getting updates at all. My profile hasn't been updated since Oct 27th when I submitted my biometrics.

Same here. No update after 28th October (BIL updated)

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019

The seven days is for your solemn declaration, which you've done with your submission. If the photo is rejected, you have more time to upload a new one.

I've seen several people upload with the pixel error and get their photo accepted. It seems to me that it is a technical glitch from the past week...

sukhmeet1010

Nov 28, 2021
The seven days is for your solemn declaration, which you've done with your submission. If the photo is rejected, you have more time to upload a new one.

I've seen several people upload with the pixel error and get their photo accepted. It seems to me that it is a technical glitch from the past week...
thank you for the info.
have you received your eCOPR yet ?? And if not, will we be only receiving it after getting our photo approved or we will get it before the approval of photo ??