**********CEC September 2021 AOR**********

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
  • AOR: Sep 5, 2021
  • UCIs updated: Oct 11, 2021
  • Biometrics updated (reused from TR applications): Oct 11, 2021
  • GU: Nov 5, 2021
  • MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification)
Hi,
Could you please tell me what is updated when you say - MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification). Sorry, if it is a very basic question but being new to this group want to understand these terminologies. In my case, UCI and Biometrics were updated very fast (AOR- 1 Sep), in September itself.

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021
Hi,
Could you please tell me what is updated when you say - MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification). Sorry, if it is a very basic question but being new to this group want to understand these terminologies. In my case, UCI and Biometrics were updated very fast (AOR- 1 Sep), in September itself.
MEP means medical passed.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
MEP means medical passed.
:) Thanks; it was a silly question. Not sure if this status (MEP) is consistent with all the applications. Mine is Old medical and not sure if they have validated this or not, but hoping it might have been done by now, or perhaps it is just my speculation.

aku1992

Sep 12, 2019
I do not know the exact date, but as far as I can see, on 28th Oct it was showing WE ARE PROCESSING... later perhaps within 1-2 days it got changed to "Your application is in progress".

Actually, on the 28th of Oct when I was checking my profile, instead of "Submitted", the status was showing "Application/Profile updated". There was no GU for this, and as I mentioned above the status was we are processing during that time then not sure when It was changed, perhaps it was in 1-2 days.

It is so confusing, and for sure there is no clarity about the whole process. I am not sure it is at which stage, but hoping it should not ask for additional documents or re-medical.

(AOR - 1 Sept, Old Medicals, 2019/20, 2 dependents, Biometrics updated long ago)
Is the background check still saying application in progress?

viqky

Oct 30, 2021
I did on Friday and got BIL on the following monday.
do you mean, you also received a ADR to submit imm5406 or did you submit a corrected form via webform. I submitted 5 days ago still my application shows "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded ".

viqky

Oct 30, 2021
My friend, I usually avoid giving recommendations on something that I have not myself experience first hand myself. I have not yet got an ADR personally.

That said if I were to get one, I will ask a consultant or a lawyer to review before I submit. I do realise 7 days is a bit of a tight deadline. The reason for review with a pro is because ADR can be something totally benign (and mostly it is) or it could be prelude something like a PFL.

If you have some time spare and can spend some money, get an opinion from a pro, it may help you. If not, here are general rules I will personally follow :-

1. Check if the information is material or not. Since it is a part of the document / form, it is assumed material (AFAIK).
2. If it is material, better provide it in an update by filling the form and explaining it and sending it via a webform. @legalfalcon @scylla please advice if I am wrong here.
Thank you very much @GandiBaat, I really appreciate all your inputs. Its really helpful.

aku1992

Sep 12, 2019
A little bit of clarity that I gained from reading posts of @legalfalcon :

1. Criminality involves Biometrics. The fingerprints are actually routed via RCMP: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

2. PCC check is done by IRCC AFAIK.

3. Security Check involves CSIS and it is a complete blackbox.

Together these things take time, especially CSIS one.

For PNP people sec-check / CSIS starts early. For rest, it is done in the end.

Overseas experience verification will need to be routed via their offices overseas and yes, that may take some time. My prime mistake was to include overseas experience.

Well, as far as they go, they say you should get your PR in six months if everything checks out. So.... cann't blame them as well if they are doing it in 2 months, 3 months or five months.
@GandiBaat can you please tell me what is meant by overseas exp? Is it related to staying for more than 6 months in countries (travel history and stay history which we fill up)apart from cor and coc or are we talking about the work exp in coc ( country of citizenship)

murthy1303

Sep 16, 2021
Inland CEC
AOR - September 15, 2021
MEP - October 25, 2021
Bio - October 26, 2021
Resubmit PCC Request - November 19, 2021 - I was asked to resubmit foreign PCC. I just submitted the same PCC from the time of filing on Nov 20, 2021
Portal email - November 23, 2021

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Inland CEC
AOR - September 15, 2021
MEP - October 25, 2021
Bio - October 26, 2021
Resubmit PCC Request - November 19, 2021 - I was asked to resubmit foreign PCC. I just submitted the same PCC from the time of filing on Nov 20, 2021
Congratulations... Did you submitted old medicals? What's the background status and did it changed ever? Thanks.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@GandiBaat can you please tell me what is meant by overseas exp? Is it related to staying for more than 6 months in countries (travel history and stay history which we fill up)apart from cor and coc or are we talking about the work exp in coc ( country of citizenship)
I meant foreign work exp.

Ishdeep S

Nov 3, 2021
Inland CEC
AOR - September 15, 2021
MEP - October 25, 2021
Bio - October 26, 2021
What time you got the portal email, and what status showing in background check?

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I got an email for application approval. I have to email them back with credentials. Do I have to attach a pdf file of my photo when I reply them back. What else do I have to send them along with email. Sorry I am confused about the process.

3rd sept. AOR
OCT 14. Medicals passed
Biometrics already done.
NOV 3rd. ADR for common law documents
Nov 22nd email for application approval
So I reply this email with the info they asked for right. Do I have to attach my photo with the email or wait for them to create a portal account for me and then upload documents right? Please help super confused. Thank you!

murthy1303

Sep 16, 2021
Congratulations... Did you submitted old medicals? What's the background status and did it changed ever? Thanks.
New medical
Looks like they won't matter.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • October 25, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • November 20, 2021 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made