Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-09-2021
I fall into that boat. Biometrics given on Oct 27th.

My status:
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Don't worry much about fingerprint status in portal... as long as biometric number getting displayed in profile, then its good.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
When did it change to application in progress from background check processing?
I do not know the exact date, but as far as I can see, on 28th Oct it was showing WE ARE PROCESSING... later perhaps within 1-2 days it got changed to "Your application is in progress".

Actually, on the 28th of Oct when I was checking my profile, instead of "Submitted", the status was showing "Application/Profile updated". There was no GU for this, and as I mentioned above the status was we are processing during that time then not sure when It was changed, perhaps it was in 1-2 days.

It is so confusing, and for sure there is no clarity about the whole process. I am not sure it is at which stage, but hoping it should not ask for additional documents or re-medical.

(AOR - 1 Sept, Old Medicals, 2019/20, 2 dependents, Biometrics updated long ago)

Reactions: jjwu

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
Have you folks (you and your family/dependents) submitted biometrics previously?
Yes, Biometrics were given in 2020 and the same started reflecting in the portal within 4-6 days after AOR. So I guess these are updated for the family.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021
If I understand this process ... I think your application has passed medical stage. You are now running what are called as "Criminality" checks. IIRC, you are a single applicant with biometrics already given. That should allow your application to start BgCs (Criminiality, Security, Info Sharing) right after your medical passes. Folks in IRCC may not report MEP properly or report it in the end of the process. Heck, they may not report ANY thing.
You are correct, ideally, this should be the sequence, but for Criminality, security information review they check PCC and Biometrics, which should be quick. but still, it takes a lot of time. I guess for the overseas experience they have tie-ups with overseas BGV agencies and they wait for their feedback. perhaps in some cases, it delays the whole process.

The only worry is after waiting for so long they should not reject the application. If they need additional documents/re-medical, that is still fine; however, that also should not be asked because it is almost 3 months now, and if they need it should have been highlighted in the initial 2 months.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
sequence, but for Criminality, security information review they check PCC and Biometrics, which should be quick.
A little bit of clarity that I gained from reading posts of @legalfalcon :

1. Criminality involves Biometrics. The fingerprints are actually routed via RCMP: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

2. PCC check is done by IRCC AFAIK.

3. Security Check involves CSIS and it is a complete blackbox.

Together these things take time, especially CSIS one.

For PNP people sec-check / CSIS starts early. For rest, it is done in the end.

I guess for the overseas experience they have tie-ups with overseas BGV agencies and they wait for their feedback. perhaps in some cases, it delays the whole process.
Overseas experience verification will need to be routed via their offices overseas and yes, that may take some time. My prime mistake was to include overseas experience.

The only worry is after waiting for so long they should not reject the application. If they need additional documents/re-medical, that is still fine; however, that also should not be asked because it is almost 3 months now, and if they need it should have been highlighted in the initial 2 months.
Well, as far as they go, they say you should get your PR in six months if everything checks out. So.... cann't blame them as well if they are doing it in 2 months, 3 months or five months.

RPA_Van

Star Member
Nov 18, 2021

1. Criminality involves Biometrics. The fingerprints are actually routed via RCMP: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Thanks, for sharing this information, was not aware of this.

Overseas experience verification will need to be routed via their offices overseas and yes, that may take some time. My prime mistake was to include overseas experience.

I do not think If I had a choice because tried to share the past 10 years' records. I guess it can be done but did not want to take any chance so shared as much as I can.

Well, as far as they go, they say you should get your PR in six months if everything checks out. So.... cann't blame them as well if they are doing it in 2 months, 3 months or five months.
Agreed, it is too much to expect from them. Probably after seeing quick cases in the past few months.

byteSizeBits

Star Member
Nov 15, 2021

Where did you find the information on the foreign work experience verification process?

viqky

Oct 30, 2021
Hi @GandiBaat, can you please suggest on the below.

I have received ADR to submit imm5406 (additional family Information) for principal applicant and spouse within 7 days. I did submit the new document on the very next day, however yesterday I found that I left an email address field blank for my spouse's sister and "not applicable" for their parents. Can you please let me know if I need to submit the corrected form via webform or its fine to leave the email address field/question as blank. I am worried and stressing me a lot. Please advice.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have received ADR to submit imm5406 (additional family Information) for principal applicant and spouse within 7 days. I did submit the new document on the very next day, however yesterday I found that I left an email address field blank for my spouse's sister and "not applicable" for their parents. Can you please let me know if I need to submit the corrected form via webform or its fine to leave the email address field/question as blank. I am worried and stressing me a lot. Please advice.
My friend, I usually avoid giving recommendations on something that I have not myself experience first hand myself. I have not yet got an ADR personally.

That said if I were to get one, I will ask a consultant or a lawyer to review before I submit. I do realise 7 days is a bit of a tight deadline. The reason for review with a pro is because ADR can be something totally benign (and mostly it is) or it could be prelude something like a PFL.

If you have some time spare and can spend some money, get an opinion from a pro, it may help you. If not, here are general rules I will personally follow :-

1. Check if the information is material or not. Since it is a part of the document / form, it is assumed material (AFAIK).
2. If it is material, better provide it in an update by filling the form and explaining it and sending it via a webform. @legalfalcon @scylla please advice if I am wrong here.

Reactions: viqky

CorvusCorax

Nov 1, 2021
  • AOR: Sep 5, 2021
  • UCIs updated: Oct 11, 2021
  • Biometrics updated (reused from TR applications): Oct 11, 2021
  • GU: Nov 5, 2021
  • MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification)

Reactions: GandiBaat

whossambrown

Sep 21, 2021
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I did on Friday and got BIL on the following monday.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
  • AOR: Sep 5, 2021
  • UCIs updated: Oct 11, 2021
  • Biometrics updated (reused from TR applications): Oct 11, 2021
  • GU: Nov 5, 2021
  • MEP: Nov 23, 2021 (received no email notification)
It is quite likely that your application is close to being finalized, mostly PPR is sort of due. Good going my friend!

You are close to 90 days. Usually, in uncomplicated cases these days, you hear something from IRCC. Mostly PPR.