+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC September 2019 applicants join here for updates

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
I’m part of a Telegram group but the messages make me anxious - ppl there are mostly outlanders so they usually have more steps I think? I’m not sure

JoeyDi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
I’m part of a Telegram group but the messages make me anxious - ppl there are mostly outlanders so they usually have more steps I think? I’m not sure
I assume those applied from outland need to give Biometrics and us as CEC Inland don't.

Reactions: gcastrobh

gcastrobh

Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2019
No not yet..MEP: 9th October, background: under process since then..I havent been asked for RCMP yet. Is RCMP asked from everyone or it depends on the visa officer?I am in Canada for last 1 year and 7 months. Should I get it done upfront?
I had a request for RCMP - On the same day I got MEP - only for the principal, not for Spouse.

Reactions: poonamdangi

Kuldeep19

Mar 10, 2019
Hi @RKS_Anu, here are the answers as per my recent experience:

1) Will the RCMP be sending the records to CIC? -> No, you will get RCMP report at the address you shared with Finger printing company and you need to upload it in CIC portal yourself. When you login and check your application, you will see "View or Update Submitted documents" on top right corner, you will see a placeholder to upload RCMP document/s.

2) Will there be a section in our CIC account to upload the RCMP report ourself? In my profile I do see that upload link and I have to provide information in 4 fields for docids and dates. If I hit next, will I be getting a section to upload some file? (Not hitting next as I am still waiting to get an RCMP certificate) - > Make sure you do not click cancel on upload page. There is technical issue which I faced. Documents are you be uploaded by you or your representative only.

3) When I went for my RCMP, the accredited fingerprinting company didn't asked me anything about the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency", though I insisted them several times, neither the CIC letter which we received for RCMP check. (Kindly refer this link: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check). Is it normal? Actually, because of them, I am getting worried as it is against what RCMP is asking for. -> You must have presented them the letter and finger printing companies know how to handle it looking at that letter. So nothing to worry here. It can take up to 3 weeks to get certificate in your mail box. You can also send email to RCMP to get status update. They update in couple of hours to 1 day time frame. Ensure to mention your DCN number, name, DOB and address which is mentioned on the document shared by Finger printing company with you.

4) I am an applicant with 2 dependent (wife + kid), but RCMP request is made only for me. Is it normal? By any chance, in coming days, will I be getting additional RCMP request for dependents? -> RCMP is only done for adults or people mentioned in the letter CIC sends in your account.

Hello @Simran827: You are at an advanced state than mine, so I don't have an answer to your question, however, I am sure you can assist me, and it will be so kind of you to please help me with my query. I received a request for RCMP check on 23rd October, got finger-printing done on 25th and now waiting to receive the RCMP letter.

My questions are:
1) Will the RCMP be sending the records to CIC?
2) Will there be a section in our CIC account to upload the RCMP report ourself? In my profile I do see that upload link and I have to provide information in 4 fields for docids and dates. If I hit next, will I be getting a section to upload some file? (Not hitting next as I am still waiting to get an RCMP certificate)
3) When I went for my RCMP, the accredited fingerprinting company didn't asked me anything about the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency", though I insisted them several times, neither the CIC letter which we received for RCMP check. (Kindly refer this link: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check). Is it normal? Actually, because of them, I am getting worried as it is against what RCMP is asking for.
4) I am an applicant with 2 dependent (wife + kid), but RCMP request is made only for me. Is it normal? By any chance, in coming days, will I be getting additional RCMP request for dependents?

Your reply will be appreciated! Thanks in advance and I wish for your Golden email to arrive soon.

@andy108 : Any inputs from your end please ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RKS_Anu

New_Fighter

Sep 23, 2018
No nothing..Background check in progress and processing time changed from 5 to 4 months thats it..
same here, AOR Sept 20th and got MP at 11th Oct. just need to hear from September early applicants to give me some hope if they got PPR. why things seem to be going slower !

dbondarchuk

Aug 14, 2019
I got my PPR today morning.
Timeline:
AOR - September 3rd
MEP/IP2 - September 23rd
Ghost update - October 28th
PPR - November 4th (CIC agent told that application was approved on November 1st)

VO: Edmonton

This is my second application as first was refused due to missing duties in reference letter from a Canadian employer

New_Fighter

Sep 23, 2018
Timeline:
AOR - September 3rd
MEP/IP2 - September 23rd
PPR - November 4th (CIC agent told that application was approved on November 1st)

This is my second application as first was refused due to missing duties in reference letter from a Canadian employer
Oh finally good news, congratulations my friend! And thanks for share

Reactions: gcastrobh

always1

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Timeline:
AOR - September 3rd
MEP/IP2 - September 23rd

Congratulations! This makes me so happy!

poonamdangi

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
AOR Received.
18-09-2019
Med's Done....
09-10-2019
Timeline:
AOR - September 3rd
MEP/IP2 - September 23rd

Congratulations!