+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - September 2018 AOR

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Hi guys,

Approaching the 9-month mark (AOR Sep 8th) with little to no updates since medicals passed. How many of you are still waiting and do you know what the cause of the delay is?

For myself, I believe I am in SS as the agent informed me they are doing more extensive background checks and cannot provide me with an estimated completion time as they are relying on the responses of external institutions (I have extensive travel history)... doesn't bode well. I also have a RR for my eligibility but this is only to confirm that I might have more points than what was calculated...

Cheers,
Did you order GCMS notes? If so, how long did it take for you to receive them, assuming you did?

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
Did you order GCMS notes? If so, how long did it take for you to receive them, assuming you did?
Yes, I ordered GCMS back in Feb 2019 which took about 32 days and I ordered CBSA notes on April 16th and received them on May 16th, 2019.

I requested the CBSA notes via email, but they sent me a CD instead with the PDF inside. The file is 18.5MB hence this was probably the only way they could format it to send.

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Yes, I ordered GCMS back in Feb 2019 which took about 32 days and I ordered CBSA notes on April 16th and received them on May 16th, 2019.

I requested the CBSA notes via email, but they sent me a CD instead with the PDF inside. The file is 18.5MB hence this was probably the only way they could format it to send.
Did it explain the delay?

Reactions: vis14ndreamz

gdv9

Jun 11, 2019
Hello Everyone,
My name is Gautam from Indonesia. I hope this message finds you well.

I have submitted my Application on 21 September 2018 for Federal Express Entry. I am yet to receive an outcome for my application.

My problem is that I am unable to login in to the application portal / system since I am using the help of a Migration agent who have their own login credentials that cant be shared.

I have been informed this as the update

Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam
review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents
Interview - You do not need an interview
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints
Background Check - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final Decision - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was also adviced that ordering GCMS notes can impact my application by my agent which is why I havent done so.

Any advice? Is my application on the right track or should I be worried?

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted my Application on 21 September 2018 for Federal Express Entry. I am yet to receive an outcome for my application.

My problem is that I am unable to login in to the application portal / system since I am using the help of a Migration agent who have their own login credentials that cant be shared.

Review of Eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background Check - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final Decision - Your application is in Progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I was also adviced that ordering GCMS notes can impact my application by my agent which is why I havent done so.

Ordering GCMS notes do not impact the outcome of your application. Neither does it delay it. It is more likely that it will cause your application to recieve some attention, as each GCMS note request requires your file to be accessed.

Reactions: gdv9

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,

No agent/consultant will ask you to request gcms. However, your application looks in good shape.
read this https://getgcmsnotesbuddy.com/faqs-2/

Reactions: gdv9

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Is anyone here got approved and waiting for interview ? Anyone waiting from Etobicoke ?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thank you for your assistance. Like everyone, I am just worried as it is past the 6-8 month mark of what is usually the standard application processing times.

I will wait until June and if no progress will order GCMS notes
Sounds good. It takes 30 days to get the notes . :)

kpac

May 30, 2019
Hi People,

I applied PR through CEC on Sept 07 2018. Got to know that my eligibility is in RR for my arranged employment. No update since MEP. Two days back my medical changed from 'passed' to'you do not need medical' . I contacted call center and the agent said the visa office requested for re accesment because it's expiring next month. Other than that eligibility, criminality, security are passed. I want to know what happens now? Re medical?

Thanks

AndrewIrish39

Oct 25, 2018
Hi All,

Still no update on my timeline above other than completing biometrics on Jan 31st 2019. Visa Office is Sydney and its painfully slow.
Rang the office and its waiting the review of a 2nd officer & awaiting background checks to be complete.

AOR - 23rd of Sept
MEP - 18th of Oct
ADR request -18th of Oct IMM5669 (submitted 22nd of Oct)
Ghost Update - 20th of Oct

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Completed.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Just received a ghost update overnight - status changed from "Submitted" to "Application/profile updated". Fingers crossed that PR will come very shortly!

KR444

Jun 16, 2019
Hi,

I got a similar email like the one you posted. I am suspicious because , the Annex A, is asking to fill in contact details and has a disclaimer saying that - "Please note that an incorrect mailing address could result in your passport(s) being lost. Do not forget your apartment number and postal code. Our office accepts no responsibility for documents lost in the mail. We do not return passports by regular mail."

Also
my CIC account is not updated and the final decision - "Pending" . I have tried send emails to the email ID given in IRCC website - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, but havent received in any response yet.
I am worried and have already lost 10 days from the date i received this email. Please help if there is any contact no that I can call to check my application status.

Any help in this regard is much appreciated. Thank you again!

Last edited: