+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - September 2018 AOR

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Did you order through getgcms.com. Then try this number + 1 (905) 535-1451. Did you say that your WP got approved. So have you met the eligibility. I thought you’re eligibility is under review like mine. How long it took you to get your WP.
I ordered GCMS through CIC directly. My WP extension request was sent by my employer and it was a paper application. It took almost 5 months to get decision. I also thought that since my WP is approved which indicates that my eligibility for PR should be fine. But when I told this to CIC agent, she said that both these are different things. PR will have few more checks and WP extension approval doesn't mean PR eligibility should be approved.

FredMad

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Yes CEC Inland Sept 27th AOR. My WP expired and extension was also approved on April 25th by Edmonton office.Is there a GCMS helpline number where I can call?
I am also on Edmonton's visa office. AOR Sept 17th. Nothing we can do but wait and have faith. They are kind of slow. My process in under Criminality check in progress since medical approved. My BOWP is also under the process of being approved.

Reactions: RanaHamdi

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
I am also on Edmonton's visa office. AOR Sept 17th. Nothing we can do but wait and have faith. They are kind of slow. My process in under Criminality check in progress since medical approved. My BOWP is also under the process of being approved.
My WP extension was approved by Edmonton office but PR is with Sydney, Nova Scotia

FredMad

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi guys,

I just called IRCC to try to get an update on my process. I am almost getting to my 9th month of waiting.

here is what they told me: "I see here that you called a colleague of mine on May 2nd and on that day she raised a follow up/update request to the VO about your case that is taking too long. Until today we haven't heard back from them about this request, and they have until May 31st (which is their deadline in regards to our request) to give you any kind of updates and movement on your case"

Has anyone here been through this kind of situation before? what was the outcome? any results?

I just want to understand if they follow their own internal deadlines and if any results comes from that kind of internal update request. I am really hoping for the best and I am glad that they raised that request on my behalf.

Reactions: mike2611
May 29, 2019
Does anyone know how long background check takes? I’m talking about the security part not the criminality one. My criminality and eligibility are passed. On March 2nd, my GCMS notes said my security wasn’t started yet. It’s been 2.5 months since, so I’m wondering if that’s a normal duration...
How long it took for you to get GCMS notes?
How do you receive it? (By email or mail etc.)

mike2611

Aug 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I just called IRCC to try to get an update on my process. I am almost getting to my 9th month of waiting.

here is what they told me: "I see here that you called a colleague of mine on May 2nd and on that day she raised a follow up/update request to the VO about your case that is taking too long. Until today we haven't heard back from them about this request, and they have until May 31st (which is their deadline in regards to our request) to give you any kind of updates and movement on your case"

Has anyone here been through this kind of situation before? what was the outcome? any results?

I just want to understand if they follow their own internal deadlines and if any results comes from that kind of internal update request. I am really hoping for the best and I am glad that they raised that request on my behalf.
Same response was given to me even for CSE form indicating to that agent has put some comments for follow up and check back after one month.

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
finally seeing some changes in my CIC account.
nothing much.. the review of additional document says: we are reviewing the additional documents provided. rest everything same same. at least seeing some progress. hope everyone getting updates.

Aditi191191

May 30, 2019
Hi Guys,
I applied my application in end of aug and got invited. I submitted the complete application on 18th sept and aftrr the medical update there has been no update on my application. Its more than 8 months and still there is no update. I ordered gcms notes which said my application is in Ottawa office. I tried emailing and calling but still no luck. Anyone able to help regarding that? I'd really appreciate

desaivishalh

Aug 19, 2014
Hi Guys,

I finally got an email from CIC for Landing interview at Etobicoke office.

My timeline:
Score: 481
22 Sep 2018 : AOR
25 Oct : Medical
12 Dec : Background started
Than
31 May : Landing email

Thank you all of you for your opinions and comments.

Reactions: DMyrie

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Hi Guys,

I finally got an email from CIC for Landing interview at Etobicoke office.

My timeline:
Score: 481
22 Sep 2018 : AOR
25 Oct : Medical
12 Dec : Background started
Than
31 May : Landing email

Thank you all of you for your opinions and comments.
Congratulations. Were you under review required?

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
The strangest thing has happened today. My application's status is available online through my GC key but it can't be found when I call the CIC call center for the automated status update. This happened after the new online interface was created. Has this happened to anyone before? I got through to the call center's representative and she said that she cannot see any notes on file as to a reason why my application is only available online or through speaking directly with the CIC call centre and not through their automated status check. At least I got some good news. Whereas there wasn't any completion date attached after passing the 6 month mark on March 19th 2019, A new completion date of October 16th 2019 has been added to my file. There's hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: vis14ndreamz

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
Hi guys,

Approaching the 9-month mark (AOR Sep 8th) with little to no updates since medicals passed. How many of you are still waiting and do you know what the cause of the delay is?

For myself, I believe I am in SS as the agent informed me they are doing more extensive background checks and cannot provide me with an estimated completion time as they are relying on the responses of external institutions (I have extensive travel history)... doesn't bode well. I also have a RR for my eligibility but this is only to confirm that I might have more points than what was calculated...

Cheers,