+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Rejected Due to Reference Letter Not Date-reconsider/reopen?

Feb 19, 2014
Hi there,

I hope that someone can help me with this. I recently got rejected for PR under CEC because my employer reference letter was not dated. I meet all other requirments, I have the required work experience (will be working with my company for 2 years this May) and my duties match the NOC job description. What I would like to know is what are the chances of them reopening/reconsidering my case?

This is what I had replied to them saying:

Dear Case Officer,

Thank you for your email regarding my application E000******* for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class. Within your email you had noted that I did not meet the skilled work experience requirement because the letter of reference was not dated and therefore did not demonstrate that I had acquired the one year of full time work experience. However, I sincerely request you to kindly reconsider your decision to reject my application as the failure to date the letter of reference was an error on my employers part and I have attached some additional documentation to demonstrate that I have acquired the required work experience in this role.

Attached is a further dated letter of reference from my employer supporting my claim that I have been employed by them since May of 2012. It has been completed by my superior, K*** D**** who had completed my original letter of reference in my application package.

I have also attached a copy of my latest pay stub from my employer M*****C**** H***. Highlighted on this paystub is my ‘hours bank’. This hours bank refers to the number of hours that I have worked for this company since the beginning of my employment with this company. This number totals 3337.5 hours which equates to 89 weeks of employment based on my 37.5 hour working week. Thus, further meeting the requirement to have at least 1 year’s work experience in order to qualify under the Canadian Experience Class at the time of the submission of my application.

Lastly, I have attached a copy of my T4 tax form for the year 2012. I will also be able to provide my T4 tax form for the year 2013 within the next two weeks if you require further proof length of my employment.

While under regular circumstances the correct option would be to reapply for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class, I urge you to reconsider your decision to reject my application as due to the current cap on applications in the Administrative Assistants category I am ineligible to reapply.

Thank you again for reviewing my email and my supporting documentation and I hope that you will reconsider your decision of rejection and I will be eligible for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,

*Obviously I included my company's full name in the email

What are the chances of them reconsidering my case?
Thanks for you replies in advance...

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
Sorry to say. but I am not sure if they will reopen the cases that are already made decision.

But yes your email looks good and there are better chances to reopen this case. Wish you all the best....

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
As this is an appeal for fairness - I would remove the part where you admit what the "correct option" is.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sullygolightly said:
Hi there,

I hope that someone can help me with this. I recently got rejected for PR under CEC because my employer reference letter was not dated. I meet all other requirments, I have the required work experience (will be working with my company for 2 years this May) and my duties match the NOC job description. What I would like to know is what are the chances of them reopening/reconsidering my case?

This is what I had replied to them saying:

Dear Case Officer,

Thank you for your email regarding my application E000******* for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class. Within your email you had noted that I did not meet the skilled work experience requirement because the letter of reference was not dated and therefore did not demonstrate that I had acquired the one year of full time work experience. However, I sincerely request you to kindly reconsider your decision to reject my application as the failure to date the letter of reference was an error on my employers part and I have attached some additional documentation to demonstrate that I have acquired the required work experience in this role.

Attached is a further dated letter of reference from my employer supporting my claim that I have been employed by them since May of 2012. It has been completed by my superior, K*** D**** who had completed my original letter of reference in my application package.

I have also attached a copy of my latest pay stub from my employer M*****C**** H***. Highlighted on this paystub is my ‘hours bank'. This hours bank refers to the number of hours that I have worked for this company since the beginning of my employment with this company. This number totals 3337.5 hours which equates to 89 weeks of employment based on my 37.5 hour working week. Thus, further meeting the requirement to have at least 1 year's work experience in order to qualify under the Canadian Experience Class at the time of the submission of my application.

Lastly, I have attached a copy of my T4 tax form for the year 2012. I will also be able to provide my T4 tax form for the year 2013 within the next two weeks if you require further proof length of my employment.

While under regular circumstances the correct option would be to reapply for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class, I urge you to reconsider your decision to reject my application as due to the current cap on applications in the Administrative Assistants category I am ineligible to reapply.

Thank you again for reviewing my email and my supporting documentation and I hope that you will reconsider your decision of rejection and I will be eligible for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,

*Obviously I included my company's full name in the email

What are the chances of them reconsidering my case?
Thanks for you replies in advance...
Not sure, but case officer will reply you. They rejected mine and when i asked to repoen send me explaination. I just reapplied after that.....Its ok to wait for their decision butdont waste time just reapply again..if they reopen ur file its good other wise ur file is again in race...Processing seems to fast now days not taking more than 10 months

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
I'm afraid re-opening is unlikely. Apply again with correct information, checked multiple times by you and others.

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did any of you even read the email he sent? He can't reapply. Hope they reopen your case, sullygolightly!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
whymeee said:
Did any of you even read the email he sent? He can't reapply. Hope they reopen your case, sullygolightly!
True, but not for the cap reason he states:

> Starting November 9, 2013, the following six occupations will no longer be eligible for the CEC: cooks, food service supervisors, administrative officers, administrative assistants, accounting technicians and bookkeepers and retail sales supervisors.

They were always picky with Admin Assistants anyway.

Navpreet Parmar

Sep 5, 2013
Sorry to hear what happened with you .but it surprise me didnt they check your t4 and N0A and paystub or if they don't atleast they should contact your employer to make your the time u worked. Date is an error and it can happens ..I hope they should open ur file ...

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Send out the new letter. They will probably not accept this - but you have to try, its' a long shot.

One applicant from September forum got rejection letter few months back, and they re-opened his case.

Though I believe re-opening is uncommon, so not sure they will do the same about your case.

Harmandeep

Mar 6, 2014
Sorry to hear about your rejection. They refused my application too last week and I am also sending a letter for reconsideration. I would like to know that did they reply anthing so far?