+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC- Reference letter

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
CEC Inland- Canadian work experience.
I have realized that my letter of reference is missing the title of the person (owner of the restaurant) signing the letter,
That's how the reference letter ends;

If you have any questions or require further information, you can reach out at xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxx.xxxx@yahoo.com

Thank you,

SIGNATURE.......
Full Name

Should I request a new reference letter which has a title, under name maybe? or just let it be! As he is the restaurant owner what the title would be? a manager or......?

Bxa100

May 31, 2020
Not too sure but I would definitely try getting that name on there, it would add credibility. i also had a question

So I have a bit of a unique situation to figure out. I’ve worked for a multinational in Canada for 16 months. I had 3 positions within the company.
I started out as a management trainee, moved on to assistant manager and then on as a manager. My reference letter does not mention salary or hours worked or full time although it mentions all 3 roles and the time spent in each.
However, I do have employment contracts for the management trainee and the store manager roles that highlight the salary and mention it being full time work. I DO NOT have this employment contract for the Assistant manager role even though it was an extension of the management trainee role(mentioned as a transfer in the reference letter). I was intending on submitting each experience individually with the same reference letter and attaching the employment contracts and the job descriptions for each role. For the Assistant manager role, I was intending to attach the employment contract for the Management Trainee position as that role was just for 2 months and is effectively an extension of the previous role as in your being trained for it. The base salary and hours worked is the same only difference is you get a profit sharing bonus in the Asst. Manager role. I was also planning on attaching bank statements showing the direct deposits to my bank account from the company as well as proof whilst mentioning this in the LOE. Would this be acceptable or could it result in my application being rejected or deemed incomplete?
Thank you for your time and consideration

Reactions: Walle_007

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Not too sure but I would definitely try getting that name on there, it would add credibility. i also had a question

So I have a bit of a unique situation to figure out. I’ve worked for a multinational in Canada for 16 months. I had 3 positions within the company.
I started out as a management trainee, moved on to assistant manager and then on as a manager. My reference letter does not mention salary or hours worked or full time although it mentions all 3 roles and the time spent in each.
However, I do have employment contracts for the management trainee and the store manager roles that highlight the salary and mention it being full time work. I DO NOT have this employment contract for the Assistant manager role even though it was an extension of the management trainee role(mentioned as a transfer in the reference letter). I was intending on submitting each experience individually with the same reference letter and attaching the employment contracts and the job descriptions for each role. For the Assistant manager role, I was intending to attach the employment contract for the Management Trainee position as that role was just for 2 months and is effectively an extension of the previous role as in your being trained for it. The base salary and hours worked is the same only difference is you get a profit sharing bonus in the Asst. Manager role. I was also planning on attaching bank statements showing the direct deposits to my bank account from the company as well as proof whilst mentioning this in the LOE. Would this be acceptable or could it result in my application being rejected or deemed incomplete?
Any time you do not give IRCC what they ask for and start submitting alternative documentation (and a ton it, to boot) you run the risk of confusion at the very least, rejected at the worst.

Why not just ask your employer to add the remuneration information for each position? You can easily show the information from the IRCC website stating that it is a requirement.

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019

Thanks for you reply.

I agree with @jes_ON on this. Simply request your HR and state that these are the requirements of immigration.

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
I am sure the company where u worked as a Manager would cooperate.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Any time you do not give IRCC what they ask for and start submitting alternative documentation (and a ton it, to boot) you run the risk of confusion at the very least, rejected at the worst.

Why not just ask your employer to add the remuneration information for each position? You can easily show the information from the IRCC website stating that it is a requirement.
@jes_ON Thanks bud. If you can clear the following confusion, I would be much grateful : )

I requested my Manager for a new reference letter and he just sent me one today. his title shows as "Owner/Manager" as he is the owner of the restaurant. My position was as a restaurant supervisor.

My reference letter mentions hour pay. it does not really mention any benefits, maybe because I was getting paid a little amount of vacation pay every paycheque and did not really get any tangible 2 weeks off? I can see my pay stubs and see the vacation pay amount in every pay stub. Do you think it's fine? is there any formal way of mentioning this as a benefit

Beside I attached the last 4 months of pay stubs and T4 form.

Waiting for your comments...

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
Hey guys I need help with the reference letter. as I was reading the thread I have a question. In my case I started a job as a part time cook at the restaurant during my study permit from February 2018 to April 2019. and started full time cook during my work permit at the same place from May 2019 till now .So in my letter do I need to mention my part time job as well? or just need to put my full time experience or the day or month I started my full time job? thanks.