+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC reference letter issued on my name

shivamk

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
I got the letter of reference from my manager and it is directed to me. Below is snippet:

This letter confirms that you were employed by IBM Canada Limited from xxxx to yyyy as a Software Developer (NOC 2174), with a salary of zzzz and worked 40 hrs/week. Your responsibilities as a software developer in the C++ FrontEnd and Runtime Development department included the following:
- Design, implement, integrate and test new features in the XL C++ compiler per the laters ....
- Maintain and fix bugs in the XL C++ Compiler by determining the root cause of the problem ....
- ... more

Is it ok if this reference letter is directed to me and not to visa officers. As it has used words "Your responsibilities" instead "his responsibilities". Does it affect my application? Should I ask for reference letter again?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Re: CECE reference letter issued on my name

As long as it is clear to the Visa Officer that you performed the responsibilities written in your reference letter, you should be fine. Moreover, I don't understand why your reference letter is addressed to you. If you can ask your manager to amend it to address Immigration, it will sound better.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
As long as the letter attests to your employment and duties, which it does, I strongly doubt it matters whom it is addressed to.

shivamk

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Do you think any other mistake in letter? Is ok to put 40 hr/week or do I need to explicitly mention full-time employee?

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
Yes, that has to be mentioned. Use the CEC document checklist as a guide to what information must be included in your employment reference letter.

shivamk said:
Do you think any other mistake in letter? Is ok to put 40 hr/week or do I need to explicitly mention full-time employee?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
The document checklist does not require the employer reference letter to specifically mention "full time" or "part time", and it makes no difference if you do. The important information is the hours worked per week. CIC defines full-time as 30+ hours per week.

shivamk

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
It was my previous work. But for my current work, I can get anything in my reference letter. Please tell, if I could be rejected just because reference letter from my previous work doesn't explicitly contain "full-time" word but does mention 40 hr/week.

sandy4pr

Apr 2, 2014
shivamk said:
I got the letter of reference from my manager and it is directed to me. Below is snippet:

This letter confirms that you were employed by IBM Canada Limited from xxxx to yyyy as a Software Developer (NOC 2174), with a salary of zzzz and worked 40 hrs/week. Your responsibilities as a software developer in the C++ FrontEnd and Runtime Development department included the following:
- Design, implement, integrate and test new features in the XL C++ compiler per the laters ....
- Maintain and fix bugs in the XL C++ Compiler by determining the root cause of the problem ....
- ... more

Is it ok if this reference letter is directed to me and not to visa officers. As it has used words "Your responsibilities" instead "his responsibilities". Does it affect my application? Should I ask for reference letter again?

did you receive it on a Company letter head or your Manager just gave it on plain paer????