+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Queries

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

Need some advice for my cousin's application. He came to Canada on student visa then converted it to work permit and now he is on visitor visa since he was not able to extend his work permit. He resides with his sister in Canada. So the questions I have are:

-In his express entry profile he has met CEC requirements. Can he apply for PR while in Canada under visitor visa or will he have to leave Canada to be eligible to apply?
-If he can apply being on visitor visa in Canada then can he show his current residence proof in Canada?
-In the section, have you applied to IRCC before, does he need to declare all applications to CIC for student visa, work permit (including rejected work permit) and application of visitor visa?
-Does he still need to show $12,300 funding requirement since he does not currently work in Canada?
-Is it still correct that job description should match with NOC and not compulsory to match title? His job title does not have supervisor included but he performed all duties listed in NOC which his employer will give a letter.

Appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks,
Bram

harjotsingh93

Mar 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bram said:
Hello Friends,

Need some advice for my cousin's application. He came to Canada on student visa then converted it to work permit and now he is on visitor visa since he was not able to extend his work permit. He resides with his sister in Canada. So the questions I have are:

-In his express entry profile he has met CEC requirements. Can he apply for PR while in Canada under visitor visa or will he have to leave Canada to be eligible to apply?
-If he can apply being on visitor visa in Canada then can he show his current residence proof in Canada?
-In the section, have you applied to IRCC before, does he need to declare all applications to CIC for student visa, work permit (including rejected work permit) and application of visitor visa?
-Does he still need to show $12,300 funding requirement since he does not currently work in Canada?
-Is it still correct that job description should match with NOC and not compulsory to match title? His job title does not have supervisor included but he performed all duties listed in NOC which his employer will give a letter.

Appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks,
Bram
It all depends on what his CRS score is and when he receives his ITA. Current address means where he lives at the moment so change it accordingly.
If he receives ITA under CEC then he doesn't need to show any funds or a job offer. I'd suggest him to call CIC and tell then about his visa situation. They'll ask him to send an e-mail regarding his situation and it'll take then a few weeks to reply so do it as soon as possible.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bram said:
He can apply if he receives an invitation to apply (ITA), regardless of where he lives. He is not required to stay in Canada, he is not required to leave. The only requirement is, if he stays, that he maintains authorization. If he cannot do that, he should leave.

??? Re-phrase, not sure what you're asking.

Not if he is invited to apply under the CEC class.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Generally, that is correct.

bram

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jes,

Many thanks for your comments.

I think residence proof question is answered by your comment on first question for being authorised to stay in Canada.

Additionally, can you advice if either visitor permit or work permit can be extended once we have submitted final application for PR? I am aware of bridge work permit but not sure if bridge work permit can be applied though current status is visitor visa?

Regards,
Bram

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bram said:
Additionally, can you advice if either visitor permit or work permit can be extended once we have submitted final application for PR?

They can be extended if you meet the criteria for extension - having submitted a PR application does not affect that.

I am aware of bridge work permit but not sure if bridge work permit can be applied though current status is visitor visa?

Correct, if he is on a visitor's visa, he will not be eligible for a BOWP. Requirements for the BOWP include having a valid work permit at the time of application.

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi there,

I'm an international graduate (graduated from Canadian university) I have two years of work experience (one job and one company within Canada) my occupation falls under NOC-0 when I calculated my score for Express Entry I'm getting like 465 but my IELTS over all band score is 6.0 (Listening 6.0 Speaking 6.5 Writing 6.5 and Reading 4.5)

As of March first week draw, the minimum score for invitation was 434, Is that okay that if I register for express entry with the above IELTS score?

I'm sure that I'll get an invitation if I register for it, but I'm worrying about the IELTS score. According to CIC, IELTS score must be 6.0 in all four components for NOC 0.

Please someone suggest me on this issue.

Thanks a lot!

arshk93

Mar 17, 2017
Hello, I am bit confused about the NOC code for my current job.
Actually i get a offer from TD insurance for a position and they are offering me good pay but i am not clear about my NOC, because if its NOC C then after a year i will not be able to apply under CEC. So please help me in this. I am posting my job duties to be more clear.

Provide accurate, organized and efficient administrative support; collect and track data, research information, sort and distribute mail, and perform other administrative assignments as required.
Use software programs and other tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provide documents/ information that effectively support the needs of the team.
Efficiently manage expectations/concerns through strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Typing skills 40-60 WPM.
Proactive and flexible to work in a changing environment.

The Claims Support role plays an integral role within the shared Services group, providing a high level of administrative support to our business partners ensuring the optimal level of customer service and professionalism is provided. The claims support administrator will be responsible to manage efficiently in a multi-tasked environment by promptly responding to all incoming enquiries/requests for a National and Regional Level. This role contributes to the legendary customer experience by collaborating with internal and external partners, to improve speed, accuracy and efficiency of internal operations. The Claims Support staff must apply appropriate due diligence ensuring accuracy in completing tasks within SLA while mitigating risks and escalation.

Customer Experience
•Build strong working relationships with partners and management by providing appropriate and accurate information
•Contribute positively to CEI by continuously evaluating department speed and accuracy.
•Pro-actively work collaboratively with internal partners to ensure a legendary customer experience in all interactions.
•Share knowledge, expertise and provide training to the department.
•Take ownership of issues, using expertise and problem solving to enhance client satisfaction

Service Excellence
•Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality, escalate where appropriate.
•Efficiently manage expectations/concerns through strong communication skills, both verbal and written
•Maintain proficiency with software applications/programs and/or department specific systems as required (ie. MS Office, Word, Claim Centre, As400, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
•Take initiative to identify and recommend improvements in own job function, research and/or investigate issues requiring resolution in order to execute on assigned tasks

Operational Effectiveness
•Provide accurate, organized and efficient administrative support; collect and track data, research information, sort and distribute mail, and perform other administrative assignments as required
•Use software programs and other tools or equipment with ease and efficiency, and provide documents/ information that effectively support the needs of the team
•Efficiently manage expectations/concerns through strong communication skills, both verbal and written

Teamwork/Support
•Be an effective resource and flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities
•Participate fully as a member of a team supporting our partners and contribute to a positive work environment
•Keep team/management informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects, and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
•Support the management team by continuously developing knowledge in own area

This is what they mention in my job duties so please help me in this. As i have to start this job from next week.
Waiting for some positive responses.

Regards Smiley