+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC proof of funds explanation document format

diante

Aug 29, 2019
Hi guys do you have any template for this letter of explanation for proof of funds. Your knowledge is really helpful for new applicants for CEC. Thank you for your time.

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Hi guys do you have any template for this letter of explanation for proof of funds. Your knowledge is really helpful for new applicants for CEC. Thank you for your time.
CEC applicants are not required to provide POF. However, here's an excerpt of what I included in my letter of explanation:
>>>>>

With reference to my application for Permanent Residency under the Canadian Experience Class - Express Entry program, I would like to draw your attention to the following points:

Proof of funds.
As mentioned on the Express Entry - proof of funds section of the CIC website, candidates applying under Canadian Experience Class are not required to provide proof of funds. However, I have attached a copy of my most recent bank statement, from September 1, 2019 - April 10, 2020. I have also included a copy of the March statement for my WealthSimple Investment portfolio for your perusal.

Reactions: vuta

vuta

Sep 14, 2020
Funds will make no difference to your application for CEC. It would make a difference if you wanted to be considered for FSW too. You can simply change your funds to $0 and not worry about submitting any additional document.
I was not asked for proof of funds in my application, maybe because I had set my available funds to zero in my EE profile. I am guessing that if you set your available funds to a certain number above zero you will be asked for proof of funds. Again, there is no harm in adding a letter of explanation, and in my opinion, the letter is a must if you qualify for multiple streams.
So you just put $0 and uploaded an explanation letter?

Thanks in advance

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
@diante

This is the template i used.

To,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada,

Sub: Justification for not providing of 'Finance Support' under Canadian Experience Class.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <Name>, am writing this letter to kindly justify that I have been invited to apply for PR under CEC(App no: ) and thus do not require to submit proof to support my finances.

I am hereby attaching a copy of my Employment letter and salary slips for the last 6 months from my employer in Canada - <Company Name>

Please feel free to contact me on my cell #<phone number> or email id -<email> for any questions.

Thanks and Regards,
<Signature>

And yes the other option is to make the funds field to 0 and you will not be asked for anything w.r.t proof of funds.

• Love
Reactions: diante

diante

Aug 29, 2019
@diante

This is the template i used.

To,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada,

Sub: Justification for not providing of 'Finance Support' under Canadian Experience Class.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <Name>, am writing this letter to kindly justify that I have been invited to apply for PR under CEC(App no: ) and thus do not require to submit proof to support my finances.

I am hereby attaching a copy of my Employment letter and salary slips for the last 6 months from my employer in Canada - <Company Name>

Please feel free to contact me on my cell #<phone number> or email id -<email> for any questions.

Thanks and Regards,
<Signature>

And yes the other option is to make the funds field to 0 and you will not be asked for anything w.r.t proof of funds.
Thank you :)