App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
Any one got PR under CEC without showing funds or is there any bad turn of events
Yes, I reported $0 on the income I was bringing to Canada, was not prompted/asked for Proof of Funds or a letter and I have been granted PR.

Reactions: vuta

VJ29

Sep 25, 2019
Sorry to ask the question again, this is my situation , please let me know...

I am working in Alberta for last 1 year and i am in Intra company work permit (LIMA Exempt), i have visa for another 1 year. I got the invite form Albert and got approved. Now i got the ITA, please let me know do i need to show the proof of funds. Any response is really appreciated....

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Sorry to ask the question again, this is my situation , please let me know...

I am working in Alberta for last 1 year and i am in Intra company work permit (LIMA Exempt), i have visa for another 1 year. I got the invite form Albert and got approved. Now i got the ITA, please let me know do i need to show the proof of funds. Any response is really appreciated....
If you got invitation in CEC category, then no need to show proof of funds at all.

Gagandeep1

Jul 24, 2018
Hi! if one is PNP as well as CEC. ITA also mentions both and giving points for both. Which rule will apply? PNP or CEC? PNP demand POF and CEC exempts it.

Irina_ua

Sep 4, 2019
guys, I got an ITA on April 16th under the CEC program, I know I don't have to show POF but I'm not currently working but live in Canada because my PGWP expired in November (I still have 1 year experience as mentioned in my application). Could it be an issue with showing/not showing funds?

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
On the other side, will it be an issue if you show POF funds and are applying through CEC?

They will see I am going through the CEC stream right?

I did not know that we did not have to declare any POF's!

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
What I have seen is people uploading a letter explaining they are applying through CEC, thus they do not need to show POFs. I think you need to highlight this for the Visa officer. If you have the funds, then, by all means, go ahead and upload your POFs, but you are not obligated to. Your current work status does not matter as far as you have fulfilled your 1-year minimum requirement.

guys, I got an ITA on April 16th under the CEC program, I know I don't have to show POF but I'm not currently working but live in Canada because my PGWP expired in November (I still have 1 year experience as mentioned in my application). Could it be an issue with showing/not showing funds?

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
I don't believe this will be an issue, as they will see you are applying through the CEC stream.

On the other side, will it be an issue if you show POF funds and are applying through CEC?

They will see I am going through the CEC stream right?

I did not know that we did not have to declare any POF's!

cbina

Jun 18, 2020
Funds will make no difference to your application for CEC. It would make a difference if you wanted to be considered for FSW too. You can simply change your funds to $0 and not worry about submitting any additional document.
Had someone tried to do that and did not get any trouble?

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
Did somebody under CEC category apply for PR with 0 in the funds and didn't attach Letter of Explanation and received PR, please let me know. Is it okay to say 20k in the funds section and submit LOE that I don't need to show proof of funds because I'm invited in CEC?

satya1986

Nov 25, 2020
I was not asked for proof of funds in my application, maybe because I had set my available funds to zero in my EE profile. I am guessing that if you set your available funds to a certain number above zero you will be asked for proof of funds. Again, there is no harm in adding a letter of explanation, and in my opinion, the letter is a must if you qualify for multiple streams.
@A_D_cec Di you apply with the funds as 0 ?