+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I think they may be focusing less on afghanistan situation. Raised a webform yesterday and immediately within hours got a response. I told them I received portal email 2.5 months ago and i still have not received a response and told them it says I have been approved, and I don't know if virtual landing team got my email saying that im outside canada. They replied saying that they confirmed my file is still in process and responsible officer has all the information he/she needs.

Julie1985

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
I think they may be focusing less on afghanistan situation. Raised a webform yesterday and immediately within hours got a response. I told them I received portal email 2.5 months ago and i still have not received a response and told them it says I have been approved, and I don't know if virtual landing team got my email saying that im outside canada. They replied saying that they confirmed my file is still in process and responsible officer has all the information he/she needs.
Did they mention how long it might take?

Julie1985

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Guys, I know there was a discussion of the plan “travel as a visitor and wait for pr” - I just couldn't follow, has anyone actually tried that? Any luck? Were you able to get into the country?

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Guys, I know there was a discussion of the plan “travel as a visitor and wait for pr” - I just couldn't follow, has anyone actually tried that? Any luck? Were you able to get into the country?
I think if you fly on a tourist visa, or as a tourist if you're visa exempt, you might have some issues. I remember reading someone getting questioned and the officer at the border not being happy

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi All
Can anyone tell after receiving PPR request , do we need to prepare two separate packages for primary applicant and spouse for passport submission via courier?
Thanks

Julie1985

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
I think if you fly on a tourist visa, or as a tourist if you're visa exempt, you might have some issues. I remember reading someone getting questioned and the officer at the border not being happy
yeah, that's what i thought. Because technically when you travel as a tourist you have to prove/convince them you're going back but that's obviously bullshit if you have applied for PR. But just wanted to see maybe there are some smart cookies who managed to get in :)