+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

PepUrquin

Jun 29, 2021
I am not 100% sure about it but a friend had called IRCC to ask if she should do a new medical exam since hers expired, (shes inside canada) and she was told that if shes inside canada she will get an extension, but not outside. I also read on an ircc page:

In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
I am not sure if they are applying this system to outside of canada applicants now as well. How long was your medical extended?
hmmm... that's interesting. My medical exam would have expired in December 2020, which would be the 1 year mark after it was conducted. In November 2020, I submitted a webform asking if I would need to take another exam, and they responded with,

"Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam."

The IRCC put "may" in bold in their email, which I take as meaning that not everyone has to remed. I got my GCMS notes (first time) about 3 weeks ago, and the medical is listed as "Valid until: 2021/09/25" (the 24th was my typo in my previous comment). I guess that means they extended it for about 9 months.

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
I am not 100% sure about it but a friend had called IRCC to ask if she should do a new medical exam since hers expired, (shes inside canada) and she was told that if shes inside canada she will get an extension, but not outside. I also read on an ircc page:

In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
I am not sure if they are applying this system to outside of canada applicants now as well. How long was your medical extended?
There have been a few outland applicants that have already received extensions. At least 1 of them posted in this thread last month

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
hmmm... that's interesting. My medical exam would have expired in December 2020, which would be the 1 year mark after it was conducted. In November 2020, I submitted a webform asking if I would need to take another exam, and they responded with,

"Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you do not come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam."

The IRCC put "may" in bold in their email, which I take as meaning that not everyone has to remed. I got my GCMS notes (first time) about 3 weeks ago, and the medical is listed as "Valid until: 2021/09/25" (the 24th was my typo in my previous comment). I guess that means they extended it for about 9 months.
oh perfect then. hopefully I wont get remeds then! thanks for the info!

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
I've been sending web forms the last few months and always been getting generic responses like your application is in process, stuff like that. Most recent response was last Thursday. Sent another one last week about my medical which is due to expire September 5th, requesting GSMC notes from outside Canada and also entering Canada on a visitor visa and waiting it out there.

Got this response there "
Regarding your case status enquiry, please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate.

Your file has had a positive determination, however due to disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 there may be an impact on processing times. You will be contacted in regards to “Next Steps” in the near future."

Seems like they are getting through them and updating at least anyway. Hopefully with learn more soon.

AOR April 2020

Reactions: Usagisan

serge1985

Nov 17, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Beirut
Doc's Request.
02-03-2020
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
Hello guys,
i am an outlander waiting for my medical since March 2020. I got my AOR in March 2019, I received my pre-arrival services letter early in march 2020 and nothing after that.... It's been more than 29 Months and waiting...Are we every going to get our files processed back again? Is there any official source saying that the processing of our files will resume after the 7th of September when restrictions for international travelers ease?

• Sad
Reactions: kpIN2CAN

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
Did everyone who received the portal email got back some sort of response? I sent the email friday morning and I did not receive anything back.
No. I replied to them on Saturday, but didn’t receive anything, so I emailed them again, but still no response. At least a reply that’s something along the lines of you’re outside of Canada so you’ll have to wait a 30 days or 60 days or whatever. But its uncertainty that’s killing me, right now they’re helping Afghanis which is good work for the sake of humanity, and then there is elections, and I’ve seen someone mention that, the local MPs in Canada are getting responses/email from IRCC stating that they won’t be able to respond to MPs about PR case queries until the elections are done and over with. So I am wondering what that might mean for us Outland applicants.

Last edited:

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
Any chance for 2020 PR candidates to travel to Canada this year (before Dec)? I lost my hope.
I feel the same and to think that there are people who applied long before us that are still waiting for PPRs. I’m AOR JULY 2020 | CEC Outland. Called IRCC, they say application’s been approved, received a portal email a week ago, replied with details, still no response from them.
Have you received a portal email?

kpIN2CAN

Jul 14, 2021
Hello guys,
i am an outlander waiting for my medical since March 2020. I got my AOR in March 2019, I received my pre-arrival services letter early in march 2020 and nothing after that.... It's been more than 29 Months and waiting...Are we every going to get our files processed back again? Is there any official source saying that the processing of our files will resume after the 7th of September when restrictions for international travelers ease?
Have you applied for GCMS notes? Have you contacted IRCC by phone? When you say, still waiting for Medical exam, do you mean that you haven’t received request for Medical Exam since March 2019?

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
I feel the same and to think that there are people who applied long before us that are still waiting for PPRs. I’m AOR JULY 2020 | CEC Outland. Called IRCC, they say application’s been approved, received a portal email a week ago, replied with details, still no response from them.
At least you get a portal email. I feel like our files go into a black hole already.

Reactions: canadavisa000

serge1985

Nov 17, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Beirut
Doc's Request.
02-03-2020
AOR Received.
22-03-2019
Have you applied for GCMS notes? Have you contacted IRCC by phone? When you say, still waiting for Medical exam, do you mean that you haven’t received request for Medical Exam since March 2019?
Yes, i mean i haven’t received medical request yet.
I tried contacting IRCC several times via the web form and i got the generic covid 19 reply. I requested GCMS notes back in June 2021 and i still did not receive anything. It’s been more than 75 days!!! I am lost between all the assumptions... what i want the most is to at least know how much should we still wait. We are getting old and we need to plan our lives...

canadavisa000

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Nope. I have not received portal email. There is no update after Mar 2021 on my file.

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
OH! no way, I thought that usually it took at least a month to process meds whether it was the first one or subsequent ones.... And therefore I thought the speed at which they processed mine meant that they are concentrating on our applications now and processing fast. So I guess this doesn't mean anything for now and we shall keep waiting for sept 7th!
Yeah I'm afraid so.

When our ReMeds reflected as passed right away in 5 days , I thought our application will get finalised soon as per the usual norm after having passed ReMeds.

I am waiting for my GCMS Notes to see what's the actual status of my application. Its been just over a month I applied for it. Fingers Crossed.

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
Guys, these discussions regarding the re-meds and PPRs are not quite relevant at these times. I have seen so many people getting re-meds, and some getting extensions throughout the last many months. There has been no positive response after the re-meds are approved. Maybe your file will be finalized in the backend which you can verify using the GCMS but no final email will be sent to anyone. I guess we should all look forward to the Sept 7th and COVID conditions in Canada to get a proper analysis, and obviously, any movements in the immitracker.

Krishna785

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi,
My friend is in Canada, dependant from India.. dependant received remeds last week and got updated within couple of days and they also received ppr request. (AOR October 2019) lets hope for best..

Myself AOR June 20, 2020. Remeds passed on March and noupdate since then.