+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

jm1980

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Did you book yet or are you waiting for the official announcement?

They should do. It'll be easier to call them too once you'd arrive.
Didn't book yet but have a place to stay sorted too. Will prob go start of Oct cos I need to sort it with work and I'll book then Might see you at the airport in dublin!

TonyPayne

Nov 22, 2020
I received portal email too, but i live outside Canada .
what did you do in your case , did you just reply by saying your family members are outside Canada , did you receive any response back from them ?
Yes i replied and i got portal credential . but for you outside Canada once you respond they will send you a PPR and you can send your document to a VAC office in your country

Sichan Seong

Jun 23, 2021
I haven't logged in yet

I replied like this when i first received portal request

NAME : ( WROTE MY NAME)
UCI : ( WROTE UCI)
Email: ( MY EMAIL)
Original Entry Date: 18 April 2014
Date of last time you entered Canada : 5 Aug 2018
Location where you last entered : Toronto

Dear Officer, I am currently living outside Canada and my current country of residence is India .
I don't have Visa to come back to Canada , please issue me PPR and COPR .

Thank you.

I wrote this 2 days ago
today i received credentials with username and password
but I am CEC outland
In my case, I declared that I am outside of Canada.
Then, No response for 3months..

I wish all the best to you.

kas44

Jul 4, 2019
I am going to do it. Realistically, you'd need a return flight as a back up plan, (and to actually get on the flight), proof of funds and a quarantine plan incase something happens.

I'm going to book a return ticket for around December 1st. I'll have proof of funds to prove that I'll be able to support myself during those 2 months and I've managed to sublet a place. I'm also going to get one of those flexi tickets to use the return flight at a later date if my PR goes through. I'll also print off emails proving that I'm at the final stage.
Thanks for the advice! I'm planning on going over in September, I've bought a return ticket for February so within the 6 months, hopefully, my PR will go through before this if I change my address to the Canadian address I'll be staying at! I also have e-mails that say everything in my application has been approved and just waiting for a final decision.

Definitely put my mind at ease knowing that other people are in the same boat and have similar plans! :)

Reactions: Adrian7575

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Did everyone who received the portal email got back some sort of response? I sent the email friday morning and I did not receive anything back.

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21
I know no one else on here seems to have received a remed request recently and seems a lot of people got an extension (you are lucky) but in case anyone does get a remed request, I redid the medical on Friday and yesterday my profile was updated to say I passed the medical, so it seems they are processing things pretty quickly now!

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Just called IRCC, she said we will not able to provide information regarding your application status due to Afghanistan emergency situation, they are not giving information related to application status inquiry calls.

First Covid, now Afghanistan situation & then next month election, not sure how long this Afghanistan situation will last, & if incase there is another locked down then? IRRC already screwed up express entry application processing time and life of the cec outland candidates.

AOR 25 August 2020 , CEC Outland

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Just called IRCC, she said we will not able to provide information regarding your application status due to Afghanistan emergency situation, they are not giving information related to application status inquiry calls.

First Covid, now Afghanistan situation & then next month election, not sure how long this Afghanistan situation will last, & if incase there is another locked down then? IRRC already screwed up express entry application processing time and life of the cec outland candidates.

AOR 25 August 2020 , CEC Outland
I share your sentiments. Excuses after excuses and the whole system is so messed up. These days I'm hearing outland applicants from 2019 getting COPR, let's hope that the backlog isn't that big and all applicants will get their COPR soon.

Hoping for the best. FYI: My PR card renewal took almost 5 months to complete... When I applied the wait time was about 77 days but then now it's 126 days... Super slow...

Reactions: jitesh2013

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
I know no one else on here seems to have received a remed request recently and seems a lot of people got an extension (you are lucky) but in case anyone does get a remed request, I redid the medical on Friday and yesterday my profile was updated to say I passed the medical, so it seems they are processing things pretty quickly now!

Hopefully! I got a ReMed request in Mar 2021 while my Meds then still had 3 months to expire. We gave the ReMeds had got it reflected as passed in few days. I thought we wouldbe hearing somehting soon but it was just followed by along silence as usual.

I really hope with everyone else getting ReMed requests we will soon get to hear something soon. Finger Crossed. Cheers!

Aug 2020 AOR CEC Outland.

cecoutlanduser123

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hopefully! I got a ReMed request in Mar 2021 while my Meds then still had 3 months to expire. We gave the ReMeds had got it reflected as passed in few days. I thought we wouldbe hearing somehting soon but it was just followed by along silence as usual.

I really hope with everyone else getting ReMed requests we will soon get to hear something soon. Finger Crossed. Cheers!

My remed was requested in may. AOR July 2020,

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I think it is still possible they will ask for remeds from us. Since they only extend remedicals for people inside Canada and the emails we received, they wanted to know if we are outside or inside canada.

On one of their pages it says that they are still technically processing our applications if we didnt receive a letter for PPR or photos for CoPR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Under:
Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing

I just received my GCMS notes and even though they are 2.5 months old, it says my medicals will expire October 21st 2021.

Reactions: kirsteeee

kirsteeee

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
UK
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
15-12-2020
Med's Request
16-08-21
Med's Done....
20-08-21

OH! no way, I thought that usually it took at least a month to process meds whether it was the first one or subsequent ones.... And therefore I thought the speed at which they processed mine meant that they are concentrating on our applications now and processing fast. So I guess this doesn't mean anything for now and we shall keep waiting for sept 7th!

Reactions: Tivativalu

PepUrquin

Jun 29, 2021
I think it is still possible they will ask for remeds from us. Since they only extend remedicals for people inside Canada and the emails we received, they wanted to know if we are outside or inside canada.
Are you sure about that or am I missing a detail? I am a CEC outland (AOR Dec 2019) and my medicals were extended to Sept 24, 2021, according to my GCMS notes. I haven't received the portal email though. My application is approved but not finalized.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Are you sure about that or am I missing a detail? I am a CEC outland (AOR Dec 2019) and my medicals were extended to Sept 24, 2021, according to my GCMS notes. I haven't received the portal email though. My application is approved but not finalized.
I am not 100% sure about it but a friend had called IRCC to ask if she should do a new medical exam since hers expired, (shes inside canada) and she was told that if shes inside canada she will get an extension, but not outside. I also read on an ircc page:

In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
I am not sure if they are applying this system to outside of canada applicants now as well. How long was your medical extended?