+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I suppose those 2 months you mentioned are for inland applicants. You are right about the response from agents and MPs but since last 2 weeks it has changed. My friend as well as someone else in this forum got response that they will start finalizing applications starting August.
As in start finalizing outland applications, specifically, in August?

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
All the agents I called gave the same reply, wait, and told me no one knows how long the wait is going to be. My MP asked for twice, and got same reply, covid is the main issue. However, if covid is the main issue, why are 2021 applicants getting copr in less than 2 months? That does not apply only to EE, some other streams as well.
Do you know if they had already started your security when you arrived in Canada and changed your address? Also did you phone them to change your address or submit a webform?

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
I suppose those 2 months you mentioned are for inland applicants. You are right about the response from agents and MPs but since last 2 weeks it has changed. My friend as well as someone else in this forum got response that they will start finalizing applications starting August.
Hopefully we should hear something this month so or before the date in September when visitors are allowed in if that's right?

Reactions: vishnusk1995

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Do you know if they had already started your security when you arrived in Canada and changed your address? Also did you phone them to change your address or submit a webform?
Everything on my file has been marked as passed, and final decision is marked as approved since march. No updates after that. Yes, I called them, submitted webforms, asked MP to confirm with them that they know I am currently in Canada. But they decided not to do anything on my file other than saying covid is making delay.

Aaak Sharma

Jun 27, 2021
Everything on my file has been marked as passed, and final decision is marked as approved since march. No updates after that. Yes, I called them, submitted webforms, asked MP to confirm with them that they know I am currently in Canada. But they decided not to do anything on my file other than saying covid is making delay.
Does approved not mean copr?

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
I agree that in August and September we will see improvements. They have no choice but to start No program specific draws soon as the CRS score requirements now are very low and thats not necessarily good for canadian immigration. With the fact they asked FSW to update their EE profiles by July 15th, I think they will start these draws and they will HAVE to focus on the backlog or else they backlog will get worse.

They will probably start with spousal PRs and dependents in canada to reunite families and slowly release CoPRs to avoid a huge influx of people that can increase the chance of a new covid wave.

Let's stay hopeful people, I can finally feel an end to this!

Reactions: jm1980

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
However, if covid is the main issue, why are 2021 applicants getting copr in less than 2 months? That does not apply only to EE, some other streams as well.
Many of the 2021 applicants were invited in draws with much lower CRS. As a result they are not required to provide nearly as much evidence to meet that CRS.

For instance, the 27k people invited via CEC with a CRS of 75 only need to meet the 1 year Canadian Experience and minimum language requirements. Assuming they provide biometrics, medicals, and clearance certs without much delay they can be processed much quicker than those of us invited in 2019 who need to be scrutinised to ensure we meet CRS 470+

Reactions: vishnusk1995

WolfeAv

Apr 30, 2021
What's the best way to call IRCC for Outland applications? I was reading that the agents refuse to give you information unless calling from within Canada.
Thanks! Looking forward to giving y'all an update on my application

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
One agent told me copr was generated, but expired due to they are not finalizing my file. So even you have copr number filed, you are still not a pr.
This is incorrect, if the COPR is generated you will get automatic mail from IRCC. Here everyone files are waiting for the Final approval, once the final approval is completed automatic mails will trigger to everyone. I hope they will generate COPR's for all the outland applicants in coming week. Already in different threads Outlands dependents received PPR. For sure more 1 week will get COPR's

Reactions: cecoutlanduser123

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
What's the best way to call IRCC for Outland applications? I was reading that the agents refuse to give you information unless calling from within Canada.
Thanks! Looking forward to giving y'all an update on my application
I use Textme app. It charges you like maybe 5$ every so often, but it works. I have not had an issue with agents telling me they can't give me any information. whenever they verify my info they can see that I am outland. So I don't think it mattes to them from where you're calling.

Reactions: WolfeAv

aNDyaSs

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is incorrect, if the COPR is generated you will get automatic mail from IRCC. Here everyone files are waiting for the Final approval, once the final approval is completed automatic mails will trigger to everyone. I hope they will generate COPR's for all the outland applicants in coming week. Already in different threads Outlands dependents received PPR. For sure more 1 week will get COPR's
I don’t know, that’s what the agents told me. At least 2 of them told me that is weird as copr was generated and my final is approved but not finalized. And I believe one of them left a note to CPC, it shows on my gcms notes that send to CPC saying that COPR was issued, and ask CPC what happened. But no reply from CPC.

vishnusk1995

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
Not really. My COPR is also generated as per the GCMS but never issued to me. It's on hold due to the COVID RFV group.

Reactions: canadavisa000

Usagisan

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
I wrote to my MP here and his assistant promised to look into the situation. I'm still waiting for my PR card to be renewed (wait time over 100 days already... when I applied it was like 80 days but now it's like 103) and my bf is an outland applicant still waiting for COPR.

It's very frustrating. Hoping to hear something in August.

afyonluyag

Sep 20, 2020
Don't worry, basically in September we can travel to Canada as a tourist (if you believe that...). Canada immigration system think about, how can we get more application. (I guess they need money, no need immigrant.)