+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
I recently requested GCMS notes from CBSA. I ordered them this past Friday the 25th and I got mine today this morning.
The last time I requested GCMS notes it took 40 days also from what I believe to be from CBSA, but the ones I got today have a totally different format and only contain 15 pages, whereas the first set of notes I requested had over 120 pages. It pretty much has the same information with all pass on the assessments as well as the final approval, except its all summarized in a smaller amount of pages. has this happened to anyone else?
Many in forum said the same , first notes had more pages and second one not . Guess it’s common. Did u find why you application is kept hold ? Any comments or reason

Reactions: cecoutlanduser123

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Got my GCMS and observed that I am under group name "Applicant overseas", Did someone else observe the same ?
This is first time I am seeing/hearing this group name in this forum . Have been following lot of thread. Just to note. For applicants with dependant overseas - they added comment overseas s dependent and kept on hold . Going by that , I think they are following same approach

PlUrb

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Many in forum said the same , first notes had more pages and second one not . Guess it’s common. Did u find why you application is kept hold ? Any comments or reason
no, since everything is summarized there isn’t any further information. Everything looks like the last notes I got, except it is all summarized. I had also spoken to an agent last week and he said that my application is simply awaiting ppr, but no indication of when that could be. The notes simply say “CPCO COVID RFV” where group name is mentioned.

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
no, since everything is summarized there isn’t any further information. Everything looks like the last notes I got, except it is all summarized. I had also spoken to an agent last week and he said that my application is simply awaiting ppr, but no indication of when that could be. The notes simply say “CPCO COVID RFV” where group name is mentioned.
Yeah there are some people reported this group name , read through forum guess there are some people having status like you . Guess for now all outland applicant can do is wait .

afyonluyag

Sep 20, 2020
Hi guys I was wondering if any cec outland got medical extension, many inland cec getting.

I got e mail from etibocke, and request re med.

Henry95

Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys I was wondering if any cec outland got medical extension, many inland cec getting.

I got e mail from etibocke, and request re med.
I got my request last weekend. I don't think outlanders will get the extension. I believe the rule only applies to inland applicants.

In-Canada permanent residence applicants

You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if

• you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
I got my request last weekend. I don't think outlanders will get the extension. I believe the rule only applies to inland applicants.

In-Canada permanent residence applicants

You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if

• you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
Not necessarily. Someone a few pages back said they got an extension.

Kingy

Star Member
Jul 1, 2021
Looks like outland applications started moving….not sure if any other people got any update on their application?
Yes, one of my friend last month got mail that application is perfect. May be after the travel ban , they will process outland asap. All my friends who are in Canada they got PR's. They are processing within 2 to 3 months for Inland. And few of them who submitted in May, even they got PR. For outland may be they will start from July 22nd. Hope they will speed up the process.

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Mine also expired back in May with no update. But based on GCMS notes I have been approved since October 2020 so I wonder if I will get an extension.