+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Outland Applicant

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
Hi Guys, I'm travelling to Canada in less than 24 hours with my outland pr approval documents. Would I need to get a visitor visa also? I know people who haven't and got through OK but just thought I'd double check.
Thanks in advance!

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Hi Guys, I'm travelling to Canada in less than 24 hours with my outland pr approval documents. Would I need to get a visitor visa also? I know people who haven't and got through OK but just thought I'd double check.
Thanks in advance!
Are you from a visa exempt country? If so, then no. If you are from a visa country then they should have requested you send in your passport automatically so they can print a visa. You dont need to apply for a visitor visa separately. What country are you from

Mark1993

Aug 3, 2021
Are you from a visa exempt country? If so, then no. If you are from a visa country then they should have requested you send in your passport automatically so they can print a visa. You dont need to apply for a visitor visa separately. What country are you from
Ireland

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Finally got my passport back!

Full timeline:
ITA October 14th 2020
AOR October 19th 2020
Medicals passed and biometrics from previous years attached: 2020 December 1
Background check completed and medicals extended: August 16th and August 19th 2021
Portal email: August 20th 2021, replied same day that im outland! No response ever.

PPR in mycic: 9th December 2021
Passport sent: 12th december and received 16th of december
Returned today: 29th december.

visa and copr have expiry of my old passport, even though passport number on both are of the new passport (weird). So maybe my medicals were extended up until my old passport expiry.

Reactions: dmc773

eniss23

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
hello everyone I m AOR april 2021
I just received my gcms notes today and it states the following:

eligibility passed
criminality passed
info sharing complete
medical passed

the final decision is blank
how long does it still take before getting the final decision and ppr ?

also for covid 19.I still did not get a single covid 19 shot .is vaccine mandatory for landing? is Sinopharm vaccine also admissible ?

Last edited:

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
hello everyone I m AOR april 2021
I just received my gcms notes today and it states the following:

eligibility passed
criminality passed
info sharing complete
medical passed

the final decision is blank
how long does it still take before getting the final decision and ppr ?

also for covid 19.I still did not get a single covid 19 shot .is vaccine mandatory for landing? is Sinopharm vaccine also admissible ?
congrads, what about your background check, if that is done, then you might get it soon. what s your date in apr

for you vaccine question, please refer here COVID-19 Vaccines: Authorized vaccines - Canada.ca

can you please share , when did u apply gcms and when you got it !!!

eniss23

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021

PCVolvorein

Oct 10, 2021
I am cec outland, AOR may 2021. anyone please any insight into why ircc asked for remedical before expiry of old medical. earlier medical was done on 24 feb2021 and same was approved on 1st june2021. received remedical on 20dec 2021 and remedical is completed on 28 dec2021. waiting for result now. still 2 month left on 1st medical expiry. I ordered GCMS notes on oct 2021 and received notes on same day of remedical request. my gcms notes says everything was approved on oct 21 itself why ircc was waiting to give remedical instead of issuing PPR for 2 months. Anyone else into same situation?

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
I am cec outland, AOR may 2021. anyone please any insight into why ircc asked for remedical before expiry of old medical. earlier medical was done on 24 feb2021 and same was approved on 1st june2021. received remedical on 20dec 2021 and remedical is completed on 28 dec2021. waiting for result now. still 2 month left on 1st medical expiry. I ordered GCMS notes on oct 2021 and received notes on same day of remedical request. my gcms notes says everything was approved on oct 21 itself why ircc was waiting to give remedical instead of issuing PPR for 2 months. Anyone else into same situation?
Apparently it is a usual practice to give COPR to applicants who have their Meds valid for atleast 6 months before issuing COPR.
Since your existing Meds are about to expire in 2 months they issued a ReMed test. Pls go ahead with the ReMed. All the best.

zm95

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Its better for you because your copr and visa will be issued with expiry of your medicals. If they issue them on your old medicals, they will be valid for couple of months. that way they can issue your visa/copr with longer expiry and you have more time to plan your trip back