+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - October 2022 AOR ******

Jun 6, 2023
CEC inland. Sharing my journey here. Finally, I'm seeing some lights at the end of the tunnel. PVO: Etobicoke, SVO: Vancouver
- Sep 28, 2022: ITA
- Oct 14, 2022: AOR
- Nov 4, 2022: MEP/BIL
- Jan 31, 2023: Background/Security completed
- Complete silence for 4 months. At this point, eligibility was the only one that is not started. I've done everything I could possibly do to expedite my application while waiting (sending web forms, asking IRCC agents to put notes on my file, calling IRCC a few times a month to ask for updates). Still, no progress :)
- May 16, 2023: Reached out to MP to ask for support. Even MP agreed that eligibility should at least be in progress at this point. MP let me know they had notified Etobicoke VO that my application had passed the normal processing time. But it seems like VO didn't care even when MP escalated, they just replied with a generic message to my MP saying my application is "in a queue for processing". Of course, no progress after that
- June 1, 2023: I followed up with my MP again, stating that I will reach my 8-month mark soon, which is double the time a person should be waiting for a CEC application
- June 5, 2023: Got an update that all are completed. Just waiting for portal email

A very stressful wait indeed. But I hope everyone who is in the same boat of being stuck in limbo will hear some updates soon.

Srina

Apr 5, 2023
I just got the Email from Montreal Visa Office that stated below, But I did not receive any email on June 6, 2023. What can i do now ?
"
Good day,

An email was sent to you on 2023-06-06 regarding confirming permanent residency. Please confirm if you have received it and will follow the instructed steps.

Thanks and best regards,
Montreal - IRCC

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
I just got the Email from Montreal Visa Office that stated below, But I did not receive any email on June 6, 2023. What can i do now ?
"
Good day,

An email was sent to you on 2023-06-06 regarding confirming permanent residency. Please confirm if you have received it and will follow the instructed steps.

Thanks and best regards,
Montreal - IRCC
check your profile on IRCC, and junk emails. if you didn't have anything just reply to their email and tell them you haven't received it.

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
CEC inland. Sharing my journey here. Finally, I'm seeing some lights at the end of the tunnel. PVO: Etobicoke, SVO: Vancouver
- Sep 28, 2022: ITA
- Oct 14, 2022: AOR
- Nov 4, 2022: MEP/BIL
- Complete silence for 4 months. At this point, eligibility was the only one that is not started. I've done everything I could possibly do to expedite my application while waiting (sending web forms, asking IRCC agents to put notes on my file, calling IRCC a few times a month to ask for updates). Still, no progress :)
- May 16, 2023: Reached out to MP to ask for support. Even MP agreed that eligibility should at least be in progress at this point. MP let me know they had notified Etobicoke VO that my application had passed the normal processing time. But it seems like VO didn't care even when MP escalated, they just replied with a generic message to my MP saying my application is "in a queue for processing". Of course, no progress after that
- June 1, 2023: I followed up with my MP again, stating that I will reach my 8-month mark soon, which is double the time a person should be waiting for a CEC application
- June 5, 2023: Got an update that all are completed. Just waiting for portal email

A very stressful wait indeed. But I hope everyone who is in the same boat of being stuck in limbo will hear some updates soon.
My timeline and VO , and situation was pretty much similar to yours and last week, I finally got my PPR as well!

Here's my timeline:

- Sep 14, 2022: ITA
- Oct 18, 2022: AOR
- Nov 9, 2022: MEP/BIL
- Eligibility not started
- Asked for notes in March and April, and both showed that my files haven't been touched since the background check approval.
- Called multiple times, always getting the same response that nothing has changed
- April 17, 2023: - Contacted MP office, which contacted IRCC on April 25
- May, 9, 2023: - The IRCC responded with a generic response acknowledging they were delayed and would contact me if need anything
- May 24, 2023: - No changes in the process, called the IRCC and the eligibility review hasn't started yet. Contacted the MP office again supplicating for help and explaining all the issues I was facing because of the situation.
- May 29 ,2023:- MP office responded suggesting that I write a letter explaining my situation and they would send it to the Etobicoke office
- May, 30, 2023: MP office sent my letter to the Etobicoke office
- May 31, 2023: Eligibility approved on the tracker - everything completed
- June 1, 2023: Got my PPR and responded on the same day! :D
- June 2, 2023: Got portal email 2, accessed the portal and provided photos and information

Now waiting for the CoPR!
To sum up, as many of us guessed, there was no reason why our files were stuck! We were in the wrong and forgotten pile of files this whole time!

I really appreciate all the help and support I got from everyone on this forum. Now, I'm just excited for my CoPR to arrive and hoping it gets here soon!

senkkon

May 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
I am in a background check (security) since March 2nd. Everything else was completed according to the notes. Is anyone in the same boat? PVO Sydney, SVO Ottawa. I was wondering if it is possible to do anything about it. I am not sure if it is a comprehensive security screening or if my case is simply stuck. I saw other people mention similar issues with long background checks in these offices.

• Angry
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Douglas K

Dec 2, 2022
I am in a background check (security) since March 2nd. Everything else was completed according to the notes. Is anyone in the same boat? PVO Sydney, SVO Ottawa. I was wondering if it is possible to do anything about it. I am not sure if it is a comprehensive security screening or if my case is simply stuck. I saw other people mention similar issues with long background checks in these offices.

Same boat since Feb. Criminality passed it is only missing Security screening.

PVO: Edmonton
SVO: Vancouver

• Angry

ktakhan

Star Member
Mar 13, 2023
Same, security check since Feb, everything else completed. Contacted the immigration lawyer a few weeks ago - nothing can be done. Security is the worst stage you can be stuck at. PVO - Sydney, SVO - Ottawa.

• Angry

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
wow a lot of you without Security right from OCT 2022 AOR, Sydney is a disaster I guess.

RaccoonS

Apr 6, 2023
I am in the same boat. The same offices and BG has stuck since the beginning of March :oops:

senkkon

May 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
I am in the same boat. The same offices and BG has stuck since the beginning of March :oops:
Did you order cbsa notes? Anything specific in it? It feels like it's stuck not because of comprehensive security screening, but because of some office procedures

RaccoonS

Apr 6, 2023
Did you order cbsa notes? Anything specific in it? It feels like it's stuck not because of comprehensive security screening, but because of some office procedures
No, I didn't. We called IRCC twice, and they said nothing new, just that security started in March...

Last edited: