+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - October 2022 AOR ******

Douglas K

Dec 2, 2022
Hmm... mine is Edmonton and Vancouver as well.

Is that what we all have in common? Edmonton PVO and Vancouver SVO delaying us all
I think so. That is sucks.

They don’t say anything. I ordered ATIP in march 14 and I have received any word yet.

Is only security screening missing for you as well?

Roxenalpert

Mar 21, 2023
I think so. That is sucks.

They don’t say anything. I ordered ATIP in march 14 and I have received any word yet.

Is only security screening missing for you as well?
Mine is review required. They asked for ADR on Feb 2 but no activity since then, I passed everything except eligibility.

Reactions: Douglas K

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
New processing time for CEC inland is 4 months (as of May 2)

Any CEC October AOR candidate like me still waiting for their decision?
me too, going crazy... it's like a nightmare. AOR Oct 16th. Send req for notes on March 24th and nothing...

rokish

Apr 21, 2023
I'm still waiting as well, only missing eligibility. I've contacted the MP and his office reached out to the IRCC. So far, they gave the same information that I already knew. I will keep you posted and let you guys know if this has influenced the process.
Eligibility is the only one non completed for me as well. What information did they give to you? Usual one, like we're processing it, please wait?

Joy_Lil

Jan 25, 2023
Eligibility is the only one non completed for me as well. What information did they give to you? Usual one, like we're processing it, please wait?
They mentioned the status for each step (BG check, eligibility, medical,etc) and also said that the processing time has passed. The agent flagged the process to the officer, which responded by saying that my file is in progress, that I should wait, and that they would request if they need anything from me (basically the usual very vague response).

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Yes.

My primary VO is Edmonton and secondary is Vancouver.

I just requested help from the MP to find out what is going on.
Can you please share if the MP has responded on your case and does reaching out to MPs generally help the case?
Also, does it have to be a specific MP or one could reach out to any MP?

Deekyu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Can you please share if the MP has responded on your case and does reaching out to MPs generally help the case?
Also, does it have to be a specific MP or one could reach out to any MP?
I believe you have to reach out to the MP of your constituency, but let me share a trick that might be helpful. In my case, I believe asking the MP did help. I actually wrote to 2 different MPs, one of my own constituency, and another is of the adjacent one, but happens to be the standing member of the Citizenship and Immigration Committee. For the second one, I said up front that I know my address is not in their constituency, but since the MP is on the immigration committee, I hope they can help take a look.

The first one wrote back a boilerplate response saying that they contacted IRCC but blah blah blah... The second one did call me, leaving a voice mail saying that they called IRCC, who mentioned that my case has been all done, just the portal email left... and a few hours later, I did receive portal #1. The MP office actually called checking the status again a few days later. Of course, we should definitely try leverage any help possible, but it boils down to the luck that whether the MP office really wants to use their direct line with IRCC to help you or not.

Douglas K

Dec 2, 2022
I believe you have to reach out to the MP of your constituency, but let me share a trick that might be helpful. In my case, I believe asking the MP did help. I actually wrote to 2 different MPs, one of my own constituency, and another is of the adjacent one, but happens to be the standing member of the Citizenship and Immigration Committee. For the second one, I said up front that I know my address is not in their constituency, but since the MP is on the immigration committee, I hope they can help take a look.

The first one wrote back a boilerplate response saying that they contacted IRCC but blah blah blah... The second one did call me, leaving a voice mail saying that they called IRCC, who mentioned that my case has been all done, just the portal email left... and a few hours later, I did receive portal #1. The MP office actually called checking the status again a few days later. Of course, we should definitely try leverage any help possible, but it boils down to the luck that whether the MP office really wants to use their direct line with IRCC to help you or not.

Thank you for the info, very helpful.
How long did it take for the MP get back to you?

Deekyu

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Thank you for the info, very helpful.
How long did it take for the MP get back to you?
I wrote to both of them on Wed, the first one replied with a boilerplate next Monday, whereas the helpful MP office called on Fridaythe same week (and called to check again next Tuesday).