+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

luningjie

Apr 3, 2019
Did you guys receive any update on your application?
Called CIC this morning and its been two months everything is still the same.
Please keep each other updated guys.
My file was approved in Feb and today I received interview letter. Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to share with you all.

Reactions: Cherrypaul

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Hello everyone! Was just wondering what might be going on with my application ,I applied under the CEC -inland. AOR is oct4 and no passport request yet, contacted CIC last week and today and they stated they will get back to me once decision is made, when I log in on line , it’s says application taking longer than usual to process . Does the processing time depends on location where you application goes through? Mine is in Sydney according to the agent and I do see some write up here that say theirs is in Ottawa . Please response would be appreciated. Thanks
If you go through previous posts on this thread you can see people saying that Nova scotia takes longer than other VOs but you never know. My application is also in Nova scotia based on what CIC agent told me this morning.
Good luck.

Reactions: Ramat

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Sorry! I just read your post again. Interview letter? Have they changed the procedure? Isn’t it they send you PPR email and you just have to send your passport to the embassy for getting a stamp on it?
My file was approved in Feb and today I received interview letter. Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to share with you all.
! ! !

luningjie

Apr 3, 2019
Sorry! I just read your post again. Interview letter? Have they changed the procedure? Isn’t it they send you PPR email and you just have to send your passport to the embassy for getting a stamp on it?

! ! !
I found out there are two options for inland applicants. CIC will either schedule an interview or send us PPR email.
For those who receive an interview request, CIC will finish landing process and give us CoPR at the same time and there is no need to cross the boarder.
If you receive PPR, when you get your passport mailed back, applicants will choose to have an interview at a VO or flagpole for landing.

Ramat

Apr 12, 2019
If you go through previous posts on this thread you can see people saying that Nova scotia takes longer than other VOs but you never know. My application is also in Nova scotia based on what CIC agent told me this morning.
Good luck.
Thank you cherrypaul, what is your AOR if you don’t mind?

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
I found out there are two options for inland applicants. CIC will either schedule an interview or send us PPR email.
For those who receive an interview request, CIC will finish landing process and give us CoPR at the same time and there is no need to cross the boarder.
If you receive PPR, when you get your passport mailed back, applicants will choose to have an interview at a VO or flagpole for landing.
Thank you!!

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Received my GCSM notes today. Nothing has been updated since the last time I received my notes.

Security is still not started. AOR: OCT. 25
Primary VO: Edmonton, Secondary VO: Ottawa. I believe My file currently is in Edmonton...

Dannyboy-abd

Mar 8, 2017
i applied in April 2018 under the FSW class but my app was refused because i do not have sufficient proof of funds. However, I passed my medical, security, criminality, and background check. I re-applied under the CEC in October 2018, using the same medical result which was more than 6 months valid at the time. My 6 months processing time has been completed on April 2nd 2019. When I called CIC, I was told my eligibility, security, criminality, and background check has been passed, but my medical is been put up for review at the Etobicoke office. I was worried why the review, because I used the same medical results earlier and CIC passed. Although my spouse has a health condition that was declared to the panel physician when we went for the medical in April 2018, and she currently takes her medication. So i am concerned that the same medical that we passed earlier is now been subjected to a review. Although, it took a while also for the medical to be passed when we initially applied under the FSW class, i guess it was subjected to a review then as well, but eventually, the status changed to " YOU PASSED THE MEDICAL". The medical will expire on the 17th April 2019, but CIC has not asked for any re-medical either from me or my spouse. The agent told me to be on the look out for the final decision between now and the 8th of May, 2019. Quite worried but trying to stay positive.

sumylili

Feb 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Med's Done....
14-12-2018
Interview........
04-06-2019
Passport Req..
Landing Email 17-05-2019
LANDED..........
04-06-2019
i applied in April 2018 under the FSW class but my app was refused because i do not have sufficient proof of funds. However, I passed my medical, security, criminality, and background check. I re-applied under the CEC in October 2018, using the same medical result which was more than 6 months valid at the time. My 6 months processing time has been completed on April 2nd 2019. When I called CIC, I was told my eligibility, security, criminality, and background check has been passed, but my medical is been put up for review at the Etobicoke office. I was worried why the review, because I used the same medical results earlier and CIC passed. Although my spouse has a health condition that was declared to the panel physician when we went for the medical in April 2018, and she currently takes her medication. So i am concerned that the same medical that we passed earlier is now been subjected to a review. Although, it took a while also for the medical to be passed when we initially applied under the FSW class, i guess it was subjected to a review then as well, but eventually, the status changed to " YOU PASSED THE MEDICAL". The medical will expire on the 17th April 2019, but CIC has not asked for any re-medical either from me or my spouse. The agent told me to be on the look out for the final decision between now and the 8th of May, 2019. Quite worried but trying to stay positive.
I don't think you need to worry, most probably they would ask you or your husband to retake it. I haven't seen any application getting refused because medical expired during the process.

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Received my GCSM notes today. Nothing has been updated since the last time I received my notes.

Security is still not started. AOR: OCT. 25
Primary VO: Edmonton, Secondary VO: Ottawa. I believe My file currently is in Edmonton...
Thanks for sharing your info.
Completing 6 months in an hour. When I log in to my online account it says “your application is taking us longer to process than usual time”
Stressful time.

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Thanks for sharing your info.
Completing 6 months in an hour. When I log in to my online account it says “your application is taking us longer to process than usual time”
Stressful time.
I hear you...It's like first they made us believe that patience is the key and 6 months is all they asked for. And now the statement is changed....