+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2018 Applicants

Johnkhuwaja

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Not to take any credit away from outside applicants, but does anyone know why inland applicants are being processed slower than others? Can anyone pls justify me That?

Janab1234

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
I am not sure about this but I was checking aor october 2018 thread And many of express entry applicants which are not in canada had mostly IP1 stages so it means they have back log its not the way we are trying to decipher it

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
Anyone????
There is no specific timeline for BG check, some people get their criminality check done within a month of submission of file and some people get their security check done in a month too. In my case everything was passed in 3 months but security wasn't started until last week, and when they started, it would have taken only a day as I have already received my PPR 2 weeks after I called CIC and they told me security still not started.
So I would say hold tight, different V.O have different timelines.

All the best to you !

Cherrypaul

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
There is no specific timeline for BG check, some people get their criminality check done within a month of submission of file and some people get their security check done in a month too. In my case everything was passed in 3 months but security wasn't started until last week, and when they started, it would have taken only a day as I have already received my PPR 2 weeks after I called CIC and they told me security still not started.
So I would say hold tight, different V.O have different timelines.

All the best to you !
Thank you!!
Which country are you from (if you don’t mind sharing) because I heard it takes long for applicants from Iran.

Jay17.j

Aug 19, 2018
Thank you!!
Which country are you from (if you don’t mind sharing) because I heard it takes long for applicants from Iran.
I am CEC inland, the country of citizenship is India. Have been residing in Canada since 2015.
Don’t worry my friend, you’ll get your ppr soon !

Reactions: Cherrypaul

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Does anyone here have Edmonton CPC email address?
Please let me know if they know it.

Reactions: sumylili

luningjie

Apr 3, 2019
Hello all, I submitted my application on Oct 1st 2018 and got AOR on the same day. I am CEC inland. Just phoned CIC today and I was told my application was approved on Feb 25th, 2019 but I need to wait for a Visa Office to schedule an interview for me. If I don't hear from them by the beginning of June, I can call them back and get an update. Anyone here heard about interview before? What is purpose for the interview and what kind of questions I will get? thanks!

r39xu

Apr 8, 2019
Hello all, I submitted my application on Oct 1st 2018 and got AOR on the same day. I am CEC inland. Just phoned CIC today and I was told my application was approved on Feb 25th, 2019 but I need to wait for a Visa Office to schedule an interview for me. If I don't hear from them by the beginning of June, I can call them back and get an update. Anyone here heard about interview before? What is purpose for the interview and what kind of questions I will get? thanks!
What's your secondary VO? Is it Vancouver?

r39xu

Apr 8, 2019
I forgot to ask the agent on the line but I guess it should be Vancouver. Any idea?
I read some posts said Vancouver is very slow on sending PPR. I'm on the same boat as my secondary VO is Vancouver and my application was approved April 5th ( I called IRCC and verified it with an agent). I'm also waiting for PPR however it seems you have been waiting for it a long time before me. My AOR is Oct 25th.

This is the thread..
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/file-approved-but-no-ppr-email-yet.593748/page-8