+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

catwilliams

Jan 13, 2015
Hi all,

Glad to see things are happening with October applicants after over a year of not hearing anything!

I received a request for my 2014 T4 and NOA this week, which I will be emailing to CIC this weekend. Hopefully that means medical request is not far off. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what the next steps are?

I'm from the UK (visa exempt) and was planning to go home for a visit in early June. I wasn't expecting MR until after then, seeing how the processing times recently rocketed, so now I'm worried about being able to travel - do applicants from visa exempt countries have to send off their passports to CIC? I've just received my 2nd BOWP, which is valid until March 2017, so I'm not in a huge rush to have the PR finalised (although it would be nice to not have to worry about it!). Just not sure how much time you have from receiving RPRF. Luckily I haven't booked flights yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and good luck to everyone :)

ailsaclare

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
Med's Request
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
27-02-2016 Med's Recv'd: 12-03-2016 RPRF Upfront: 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2016
LANDED..........
27-03-2016
catwilliams said:
Hi all,

Glad to see things are happening with October applicants after over a year of not hearing anything!

I received a request for my 2014 T4 and NOA this week, which I will be emailing to CIC this weekend. Hopefully that means medical request is not far off. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what the next steps are?

I'm from the UK (visa exempt) and was planning to go home for a visit in early June. I wasn't expecting MR until after then, seeing how the processing times recently rocketed, so now I'm worried about being able to travel - do applicants from visa exempt countries have to send off their passports to CIC? I've just received my 2nd BOWP, which is valid until March 2017, so I'm not in a huge rush to have the PR finalised (although it would be nice to not have to worry about it!). Just not sure how much time you have from receiving RPRF. Luckily I haven't booked flights yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and good luck to everyone :)
Hi Catwilliams - I'm also from the UK and was not asked to provide my passport to CIC. What happened after the MR for me was:
- I paid RPRF upfront (if you don't do this you will get an email asking you to pay)
- My status online in ECAS changed from "in process" to "decision made"
- My COPR arrived a few days later in the mail, with no other communication from CIC

I hope that helps!

Mananas

Jul 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

Sorry for late update.

Current state: Waiting for stamped passport
Passport request received on February 29, 2016
However, as I had plans to visit states, submitted it on March 14th 2016.

tech06

Jun 1, 2015
Hi Guys
I am oct 14 applicant. I Got MR 10 days ago, did it same day. And got request for RPRF last Wednesday, paid is same day. What is the next procedure, i guess its passport request and any idea how much is the wait for it after Paying RpRF and after passport request how long will the whole procedure take? Just curious
My WP expires May 21. So wana know if i am safe.

elchivo83

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
ailsaclare said:
Hi Catwilliams - I'm also from the UK and was not asked to provide my passport to CIC. What happened after the MR for me was:
- I paid RPRF upfront (if you don't do this you will get an email asking you to pay)
- My status online in ECAS changed from "in process" to "decision made"
- My COPR arrived a few days later in the mail, with no other communication from CIC

I hope that helps!
I'm from the UK too. I got my medical request a week or so ago, so I'm hoping that everything else won't take too long now. I'm still in the UK, and was thinking of getting my passport renewed before I head to Canada (it doesn't expire until November, but I figured it would probably be quicker and easier to get it done here than in Canada). Do you know if that effects anything regarding my COPR - is it tied to me current passport? Would I need to inform CIC?

BlessedSherry

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/09/2014
Doc's Request.
17th March 16, docs sent 2nd April
AOR Received.
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Copr 14.04.2016
LANDED..........
...Waiting
anyone from UK, who still lives and applied from in UK?

ddoobi11

Star Member
Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Med's Done....
Medical, RPRF upfront 28-Mar-2016
Hi guys,

Today, I did upfornt medical in my home country. I just want to clarify with you professors about a strange experience at the hospital.

I provided my passport information to one of the nurses, and the one nurse checked on the e-medical system right away and she told me that I have IME #. What does it mean? I was supposed to be given with UMI# as it's Upfront-medical, no? After the medical test, I checked that my information sheet is given with IME #, not UMI#. Is it normal? I'm afraid...

Please guys share your thoughts or any experience. I'd much appreciate it. :eek:

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
ddoobi11 said:
Hi guys,

Today, I did upfornt medical in my home country. I just want to clarify with you professors about a strange experience at the hospital.

I provided my passport information to one of the nurses, and the one nurse checked on the e-medical system right away and she told me that I have IME #. What does it mean? I was supposed to be given with UFM# as it's Upfront-medical, no? After the medical test, I checked that my information sheet is given with IME #, not UFM#. Is it normal? I'm afraid...

Please guys share your thoughts or any experience. I'd much appreciate it. :eek:
I have read a similar experience in the past on one of the threads....What it means is that CIC had created a record for you in the system but they did not issue the medical request yet....since the timings of your upfront medicals and CIC generating records for you in the system matched...the nurse was able to find IME #....so nothing t worry....Its a positive sign that CIC had created the medical record for you and you might have got a medical request sooner or later.....This is based on what I read.....

madlouni

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2014
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016 PC & 31-03-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/app
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Interview........
06-04-2016 RPRF
Passport Req..
02-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
16-06-2016
Hi all,

So I did my medicals last week (after a request from CIC) and the doctor sent me an email that he submitted the results to CIC via eMedicals

I emailed CIC and attached the pdf I received from the doctor showing my IME and my personal info telling them that I did my medicals.

Now what :D ?

I am thinking of paying the fees upfront? IF I pay upfront, do I need to inform CIC as well with receipt number?

Any idea how long it can take between MR and fees request ?

Thank you

JDHALI48

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-OCT-2014
AOR Received.
26-FEB-2015
Med's Request
Upfront:08-MAR-2016
Passport Req..
June 2
Posted in September Thread by someone:

"One of my friend had contacted his MP and he has been "unofficially" instructed that all 2014 applications have to be completed by end of May. So everyone will get one update or the other by then. Please hang in for few more days."

Wish, It's True....

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello Oct 2014 Applicants

I got my RPRF Request and i paid on 5th march and till now i have not got anything. Is it a worrying factor?

When can we expect PPR ?