AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
I got positive LMIA a month ago under new rules, for WP propose as seamstress and fabric cutter, Skills level B. I believe most of you are in higher skilled occupation, but if I can help sharing my experience, you are more than welcome to ask questions.
I payed the lawyer $3000 and mostly corrected all his work. My employer also corrected many of his mistakes. I also insisted to be included in all communication between lawyer and employer that is related to LMIA application, except the part related specifically to company’s details.
From the day we submitted the application, took them three months to process it. Last three weeks they were contacting my employer looking for additional details almost on daily basis.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
DID YOUR COMPANY PAID FOR PROCESSING LIMA? OR YOU HAVE PAID ONLY TO THE LAWYER

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
My company payed for it, however, they would not do so if I didn’t commit to work it out. So I did. It is not legal what they did, but I am single mother, no relatives in Canada. Guess what I could do.
In addition, the negotiated pay per hour was $18. After I got my WP, everything that they have to pay to the government was taken away from my salary. I ended up with $13.30 per hour....and statement how thankful I should be they helped me...

I just found this:
http://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/canada-visa-news/express-entry-british-columbia/?inf_contact_key=6f8b0fde3ac1ea017e2f68554760119a212f12e2999635b6b11f82a34c210857

The province of British Columbia has developed its own subcategory of Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s express entry system. It will allow the province to select candidates that will satisfy the economic needs of British Columbia while also offering individuals the chance to immigrate to Canada without a job offer.

ccirish87

Jan 28, 2015
Re: Advice needed

sportas said:
I had the situation where my employer and his consultant were misguiding me for years, telling me that it is ok to be self-employed as sole proprietorship. They were guiding me to apply for PR under self employed category. Before I submitted my application for PR under Self-employed category, the consultant was guiding me to apply for Open Work Permit as self employed. After three refusals, I realized that I am doing wrong, the relationship with them went down and I took everything in my hands. Took me half of year and even longer to learn and understand what they did. In mean time I DID apply for PR under Self employed category. My application was 4 inches thick! Very neatly sorted out, carefully prepared, explained etc. And they DID try to charge my credit card to start processing it!
However, I had to make difficult decision: keep Self-employed in the process OR cancel it and apply under CEC.
The thing is: it is NOT legal to act as self employed, while under TFWP employer specific.
Also, once positive LMO or LMIA is issued, employer or you can not change the conditions or wave any benefits or any part of the LMIA unless new LMIA is issued.

Now, if you have T4 - you are employed! Not self-employed.
Another thing: Revenue Canada has very specific regulations about determining who is self-employed and who is employee

Means: let's say in my case, even my employer did not provide me with T4, once the investigation is finished, he will be charged for not complying with the law, breaching the contract etc. based on guidelines you can find in the link I posted above.
If your boss is telling you: when to come to work, how much you are payed, how long you gonna work, you are working at his premisses, using his tools - you ARE employee and he has to pay for it to you and government.
Request for ruling mentioned in the guidelines above will determine that fact. Carefully, cause you can submit the request for ruling by the (double check this information, please) Jun this year, for last year.

Also, download and read the manual OP-8
It is:... outlines the broad objectives of the Business Immigration Program. It focuses specifically on procedures used at visa offices abroad to process entrepreneurs and self-employed persons.

Now, there is one more thing you can do: apply for LMIA as an employer if you have corporation or sole proprietorship registered. I actually have CIC letters advising me exactly the same thing, when applying for Open Work Permit for self employed. Why? Simply because there is NO Open Work Permit for self employed. My consultant was stupid and did not know what she was doing. But once I cleared that out in the communication with CIC, Service Canada, Industry Canada, Labour Code, Service Ontario, Enterprise Ontario, Human resources and Development Canada...I knew what is going on. And I am not overacting. I did ALL that and have the documentation gathered ready for submitting the claim.

Thank you so much for your help. I will let my CEC app continue and hopefully it will be ok. But I'll also look at the self employed option. I never hear of this so I'll do some research. Thank you for your help.

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
Hello guys,

I got my application back. It was received on Oct 23. Sad news but no need to worry because Canada need more than 200000 immigrants and EE cut off score will be lower after few draws. Just advise that make EE profile. God may have better plan for us than we ever though for ourself. Stay Positive !!

Good Luck to other Oct applicants !

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=927709

On Saturday, January 31, 779 skilled workers, including professionals in natural and applied sciences, and industrial, electrical and construction trades, were invited to apply for permanent residency in Canada. Each of these candidates declared that they already have a valid job offer or provincial nomination.

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry for everyone who got their application returned.

I will be updating the sheet as people get their applications back.

Good luck everyone

RosieGZ

Jan 31, 2015
I am truly sorry for those who got their applications back. Wish you all the best in the EE pool.

-------------
For those who still want to keep the hopes up:

I did my papers with the help of an advisor on a community centre. Every week there are Immigration Officers holding talks and answering questions first hand at that place (I've been there myself asking them things), and the advisors are highly trained. They are always the first on hearing the news.
I called my advisor today. He explained to me that there are many applications to be returned.
He explained that they are returning certain NOCs that have been filled, and of course, those that had papers missing or were presented before time (more than a month).
At the centre they heard of very few applications returned, but most of them because of missing info, or payment problems.

They highly suggested that, until you do not have your applications returned in your hands, there is still hope.

-----------------------

All the best to all of us.

dream_hunter

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
RosieGZ said:
I am truly sorry for those who got their applications back. Wish you all the best in the EE pool.

-------------
For those who still want to keep the hopes up:

I did my papers with the help of an advisor on a community centre. Every week there are Immigration Officers holding talks and answering questions first hand at that place (I've been there myself asking them things), and the advisors are highly trained. They are always the first on hearing the news.
I called my advisor today. He explained to me that there are many applications to be returned.
He explained that they are returning certain NOCs that have been filled, and of course, those that had papers missing or were presented before time (more than a month).
At the centre they heard of very few applications returned, but most of them because of missing info, or payment problems.

They highly suggested that, until you do not have your applications returned in your hands, there is still hope.

-----------------------

All the best to all of us.
I agree with you!

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmia-process-from-my-experiencepositive-resultless-than-10-employees-company-t268656.0.html

I started the topic, folks. Hope my positive experience will help.

GOOD LUCK AND DON’T GIVE UP!

Hariboy

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
sportas said:
I got positive LMIA a month ago under new rules, for WP propose as seamstress and fabric cutter, Skills level B. I believe most of you are in higher skilled occupation, but if I can help sharing my experience, you are more than welcome to ask questions.
I payed the lawyer $3000 and mostly corrected all his work. My employer also corrected many of his mistakes. I also insisted to be included in all communication between lawyer and employer that is related to LMIA application, except the part related specifically to company's details.
From the day we submitted the application, took them three months to process it. Last three weeks they were contacting my employer looking for additional details almost on daily basis.
$3000? LMIA application for EE or PR is free for the company!

gtareddy

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj2014 said:
Hello guys,

I got my application back. It was received on Oct 23. Sad news but no need to worry because Canada need more than 200000 immigrants and EE cut off score will be lower after few draws. Just advise that make EE profile. God may have better plan for us than we ever though for ourself. Stay Positive !!

Good Luck to other Oct applicants !
Hi Raj2014,
I am sorry for your application return, may I know your NOC code and the reason for the appl return?