Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
I received my application package today. The package was received on 23rd .
My advice create EE profile with WES at the earliest and wait for EE next draw.
Believe it or not this is the fact. CEC cap has been reached and all the info's floating around are not rumours any-more at-least for me.
All the best guys.

Krish1985

Oct 23, 2014
Re: Advice needed

Hariboy said:
Ah! Mine reached on Oct. 24 and havent received it back! When did u strt working?
I have enough canadian experience (around 21 months now and 18 months when I submitted the application). The clear reason was my application reached after the cap as per MI 12. so not eligible.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
rams2me said:
Hi Folks,
I received my application package today. The package was received on 23rd .
My advice create EE profile with WES at the earliest and wait for EE next draw.
Believe it or not this is the fact. CEC cap has been reached and all the info's floating around are not rumours any-more at-least for me.
All the best guys.
Did they return the Draft OR cashed the Draft (incase if you paid by Demand Draft).

Krish1985

Oct 23, 2014

Krish1985 said:
I have enough canadian experience (around 21 months now and 18 months when I submitted the application). The clear reason was my application reached after the cap as per MI 12. so not eligible.
I was not trusted this news upto this moment. but saw my application returned back..so have to trust now. You guys can wait until you get your application back.

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No

ccirish87 said:
Please Help,

I was working as a sole propritor through a recruitment agency. They deducted my taxes, EI and CPP. They also paid me 5% extra in order to pay GST. I also received a T4. My 2 years experience was all under this system.

Today I read that self employed experience will not count. I didn't know this when I applied and for some reason only thought being incorporated was "self employed". But now I'm completely second guessing myself.

App received: Oct 17th
DD cashed: Jan 7th 2015
Office: Sydney
NOC: 1253

I had the situation where my employer and his consultant were misguiding me for years, telling me that it is ok to be self-employed as sole proprietorship. They were guiding me to apply for PR under self employed category. Before I submitted my application for PR under Self-employed category, the consultant was guiding me to apply for Open Work Permit as self employed. After three refusals, I realized that I am doing wrong, the relationship with them went down and I took everything in my hands. Took me half of year and even longer to learn and understand what they did. In mean time I DID apply for PR under Self employed category. My application was 4 inches thick! Very neatly sorted out, carefully prepared, explained etc. And they DID try to charge my credit card to start processing it!
However, I had to make difficult decision: keep Self-employed in the process OR cancel it and apply under CEC.
The thing is: it is NOT legal to act as self employed, while under TFWP employer specific.
Also, once positive LMO or LMIA is issued, employer or you can not change the conditions or wave any benefits or any part of the LMIA unless new LMIA is issued.

Now, if you have T4 - you are employed! Not self-employed.
Another thing: Revenue Canada has very specific regulations about determining who is self-employed and who is employee
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/rc4110/rc4110-14e.pdf
Means: let's say in my case, even my employer did not provide me with T4, once the investigation is finished, he will be charged for not complying with the law, breaching the contract etc. based on guidelines you can find in the link I posted above.
If your boss is telling you: when to come to work, how much you are payed, how long you gonna work, you are working at his premisses, using his tools - you ARE employee and he has to pay for it to you and government.
Request for ruling mentioned in the guidelines above will determine that fact. Carefully, cause you can submit the request for ruling by the (double check this information, please) Jun this year, for last year.

Also, download and read the manual OP-8 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op08-eng.pdf.
It is:... outlines the broad objectives of the Business Immigration Program. It focuses specifically on procedures used at visa offices abroad to process entrepreneurs and self-employed persons.

Now, there is one more thing you can do: apply for LMIA as an employer if you have corporation or sole proprietorship registered. I actually have CIC letters advising me exactly the same thing, when applying for Open Work Permit for self employed. Why? Simply because there is NO Open Work Permit for self employed. My consultant was stupid and did not know what she was doing. But once I cleared that out in the communication with CIC, Service Canada, Industry Canada, Labour Code, Service Ontario, Enterprise Ontario, Human resources and Development Canada...I knew what is going on. And I am not overacting. I did ALL that and have the documentation gathered ready for submitting the claim.

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014

Krish1985 said:
I was not trusted this news upto this moment. but saw my application returned back..so have to trust now. You guys can wait until you get your application back.
Just for more details, was your application by DD or CC. The applications getting returned are not serial order. Few applicants are receving their back, while few are not yet.

But just inquired "Immigration Attorney", most likely CAP has reached. I felling very dejected. Just hoped the CIC would have provided update with Opertional Bulletin at least.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

bimbim

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
It is true the CAP is reached :'( The CIC agent i spoke to today said there's an internal memo that the CAP was reached Oct 20th, 2014.

I didn't believe the story until i called to confirm myself. Get your Express Entry profile ready folks. Goodluck to everyone!

Krish1985

Oct 23, 2014

kiransar said:
Just for more details, was your application by DD or CC. The applications getting returned are not serial order. Few applicants are receving their back, while few are not yet.

But just inquired "Immigration Attorney", most likely CAP has reached. I felling very dejected. Just hoped the CIC would have provided update with Opertional Bulletin at least.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Mine was Bank draft. Came as is with application.

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014
bimbim said:
It is true the CAP is reached :'( The CIC agent i spoke to today said there's an internal memo that the CAP was reached Oct 20th, 2014.

I didn't believe the story until i called to confirm myself. Get your Express Entry profile ready folks. Goodluck to everyone!
LMIA or Job offer is not easy one to get through. Both require Company to provide support. Not all would be interested. That's the catch. :'( :'( :'(

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014

Krish1985 said:
Mine was Bank draft. Came as is with application.
Then this could be the reason, most of the applicant's with Draft are getting back appliction. The applicants with CC are get defered. Even if they are not returned CIC thinks it does not matter. :-X :-X :-X

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014
The only way we could be sure is either few applicants get CC or Draft enchased post Oct - 23rd ie.. after Jan 29th. We would need this crtical week pass by.
:-\ :-\ :'( :'( :-\ :-\