+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

NPrabhu

Oct 15, 2014
canind1983 said:
Hi,

I was/am in the same situation like you. My employer asked me to go back to my home country, instead I decided to stay and applied for BOWP.

Got the BOWP approved just a week later than the end date with my assignment. Yes employers look for candidates with PR but you would be able to get contracting opportunities which might be for 6 - 12 months.

I got a contract for 1 year but had to move out of the province. I am currently in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Looking at your NOC code I believe you belong to the IT Services Industry and I personally feel you should give a shot at independent contracting.

If you already have the BOWP with you then you start looking right away at least you will have an idea by the time your contract actually comes to an end.

Worst case scenario would be a low rate imposed on you by the agency which will provide you with a contract, which still would be pretty good for survival and savings.

In case you need further details or any help regarding independent contracting inbox me. I will try to answer/help as much as possible.

Best Regards,
Thanks canind1983!
I have Inbox'd you a bunch of questions. Sorry for bothering :)

leokumar007

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-08-19
AOR Received.
2014-12-11
File Transfer...
2015-01-01
Med's Done....
2015-08-27
Passport Req..
2016-03-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-03-15
LANDED..........
2016-03-20
canind1983 said:
Hi,

I was/am in the same situation like you. My employer asked me to go back to my home country, instead I decided to stay and applied for BOWP.

Got the BOWP approved just a week later than the end date with my assignment. Yes employers look for candidates with PR but you would be able to get contracting opportunities which might be for 6 - 12 months.

I got a contract for 1 year but had to move out of the province. I am currently in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Looking at your NOC code I believe you belong to the IT Services Industry and I personally feel you should give a shot at independent contracting.

If you already have the BOWP with you then you start looking right away at least you will have an idea by the time your contract actually comes to an end.

Worst case scenario would be a low rate imposed on you by the agency which will provide you with a contract, which still would be pretty good for survival and savings.

In case you need further details or any help regarding independent contracting inbox me. I will try to answer/help as much as possible.

Best Regards,
I am a mid-August applicant. And thanks for providing me this info. I am trying to get a job as recently received my BOWP. Hope i get one..

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
Just figure out why express entry is so fast. They pay the whole fee, the application fee and the process fee. For CEC we get a email to pay the process fee which takes up time. Also, they do their medical upfront, for CEC another email which tells us when to do the medical another time taking up. All of these emails back and forth is taking up time. :-X :-X :'( :'(

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
LOL.. you have cracked the code, Sir!

Lee587 said:
Just figure out why express entry is so fast. They pay the whole fee, the application fee and the process fee. For CEC we get a email to pay the process fee which takes up time. Also, they do their medical upfront, for CEC another email which tells us when to do the medical another time taking up. All of these emails back and forth is taking up time. :-X :-X :'( :'(

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Interesting article to read...
http://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter

Notes on immigration - Nothing specific to CEC:
Lead government-wide efforts to resettle 25,000 refugees from Syria in the coming months.
As part of the Annual Immigration Levels Plan for 2016, bring forward a proposal to double the number of entry applications for parents and grandparents of immigrants to 10,000 a year.
Give additional points under the Entry Express system to provide more opportunities for applicants who have Canadian siblings.
Increase the maximum age for dependents to 22, from 19, to allow more Canadians to bring their children to Canada.
Bring forward a proposal regarding permanent residency for new spouses entering Canada.
Develop a plan to reduce application processing times for sponsorship, citizenship and other visas.
Fully restore the Interim Federal Health Program that provides limited and temporary health benefits to refugees and refugee claimants.
Establish an expert human rights panel to help you determine designated countries of origin, and provide a right to appeal refugee decisions for citizens from these countries.
Modify the temporary foreign workers program to eliminate the $1,000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee to hire caregivers and work with provinces and territories to develop a system of regulated companies to hire caregivers on behalf of families.
Lead efforts to facilitate the temporary entry of low risk travelers, including business visitors, and lift the visa requirement for Mexico.
Work with the Minister of Justice and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness to repeal provisions in the Citizenship Act that give the government the right to strip citizenship from dual nationals.
Eliminate regulations that remove the credit given to international students for half of the time that they spend in Canada and regulations that require new citizens to sign a declaration that they intend to reside in Canada.
- See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter#sthash.FviykJd2.dpuf

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
ABS_1382 said:
Interesting article to read...
http://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter

Notes on immigration - Nothing specific to CEC:
Lead government-wide efforts to resettle 25,000 refugees from Syria in the coming months.
As part of the Annual Immigration Levels Plan for 2016, bring forward a proposal to double the number of entry applications for parents and grandparents of immigrants to 10,000 a year.
Give additional points under the Entry Express system to provide more opportunities for applicants who have Canadian siblings.
Increase the maximum age for dependents to 22, from 19, to allow more Canadians to bring their children to Canada.
Bring forward a proposal regarding permanent residency for new spouses entering Canada.
Develop a plan to reduce application processing times for sponsorship, citizenship and other visas.
Fully restore the Interim Federal Health Program that provides limited and temporary health benefits to refugees and refugee claimants.
Establish an expert human rights panel to help you determine designated countries of origin, and provide a right to appeal refugee decisions for citizens from these countries.
Modify the temporary foreign workers program to eliminate the $1,000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee to hire caregivers and work with provinces and territories to develop a system of regulated companies to hire caregivers on behalf of families.
Lead efforts to facilitate the temporary entry of low risk travelers, including business visitors, and lift the visa requirement for Mexico.
Work with the Minister of Justice and the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness to repeal provisions in the Citizenship Act that give the government the right to strip citizenship from dual nationals.
Eliminate regulations that remove the credit given to international students for half of the time that they spend in Canada and regulations that require new citizens to sign a declaration that they intend to reside in Canada.
- See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter#sthash.FviykJd2.dpuf
wow nothing mentioned about old CEC applicants :(

Mrsharma

Sep 20, 2014
Last week I message to new Immigration Minister on Facebook and explain our situation. Today I got his reply as following

Thank you for contacting the Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

If you have any questions for Minister McCallum, please direct them to, Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Thank you again for your note.

Je vous remercie d’avoir contacté l’honorable John McCallum, ministre de l’Immigration, des Réfugiés et de la Citoyenneté.

Si vous avez des questions à poser au ministre McCallum, prière d’écrire à l’adresse Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Sincères salutations.

evatullip

Nov 14, 2015
Hello guys. Do I need an LMIA to apply for a bridge work permit for my post graduate workpermit which expires in March 2016?

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
evatullip said:
Hello guys. Do I need an LMIA to apply for a bridge work permit for my post graduate workpermit which expires in March 2016?
No.

These are the conditions for a being eligible for a bridging open work permit;

* they are currently in Canada;
* they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire in four months or less;
* they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or the two caregiver classes;
* they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above (AOR)

evatullip

Nov 14, 2015
joolery said:
No.

These are the conditions for a being eligible for a bridging open work permit;

* they are currently in Canada;
* they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire in four months or less;
* they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or the two caregiver classes;
* they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above (AOR)

Did you personally apply for one? Because checking the check list I saw a bullet point requesting that. It did not indicate which conditions applied to that. It seemed generic. Thanx

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
evatullip said:
Did you personally apply for one? Because checking the check list I saw a bullet point requesting that. It did not indicate which conditions applied to that. It seemed generic. Thanx
Yes. It was approved December 2014 and I'm currently waiting on approval for my next one.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrsharma said:
Last week I message to new Immigration Minister on Facebook and explain our situation. Today I got his reply as following

Thank you for contacting the Honourable John McCallum, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

If you have any questions for Minister McCallum, please direct them to, Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Thank you again for your note.

Je vous remercie d’avoir contacté l’honorable John McCallum, ministre de l’Immigration, des Réfugiés et de la Citoyenneté.

Si vous avez des questions à poser au ministre McCallum, prière d’écrire à l’adresse Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Sincères salutations.
so, did you write to that email address ?