+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****** CEC - November 2023 AOR ******

tomjose11

Star Member
Jan 27, 2024
"I've finished my P1 and P2, and now I'm just waiting for ECoPR. But in my GCKey account, the latest update is about biometrics. There hasn't been any update since then."

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
"I've finished my P1 and P2, and now I'm just waiting for ECoPR. But in my GCKey account, the latest update is about biometrics. There hasn't been any update since then."
You dont have a final decision date ?
I don't think it really matters anyways. The GCKey is known to not be accurate for some.

Here I am waiting for P2 since the 12th of March, hoping to get it soon

tomjose11

Star Member
Jan 27, 2024
You dont have a final decision date ?
I don't think it really matters anyways. The GCKey is known to not be accurate for some.

Here I am waiting for P2 since the 12th of March, hoping to get it soon
No, I don’t. I have only received one update in my gckey since the beginning, that is biometric. Even medical is also not completed in gckey account.
You haven’t received your p2 ? I think we both received p1 the same day

tomjose11

Star Member
Jan 27, 2024
I think healthcare category receives faster updates. Is there any healthcare category applicants here in this group?

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
No, I don’t. I have only received one update in my gckey since the beginning, that is biometric. Even medical is also not completed in gckey account.
You haven’t received your p2 ? I think we both received p1 the same day
It looks like your GCKey is not reliable then, but as I said, does not really matter at this stage. I think the GCKey might be useful later on again when you link the physical PR card application to the GCKey to know when it is approved and mailed (but even that is sometimes not reliable either apparently).

And no I have not received P2 yet. I received P1 on 12th March but answered only the 13th. In addition, my visa office is Montreal, and they are known to be slow or at least unpredictable. Still hoping to get P2 this week but we will see.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
I wanted to share my photo-taking experience for PR Card application . I started at Shopper's Drug Mart, got both digital and paper copies, but when I opened them at home, they weren't sharp enough for what I needed. Figured IRCC wouldn't accept them, so I tried Walmart, same deal. Even though they were taken professionally, they still weren't sharp. Seemed like that's why a lot of photos were getting rejected. So, I took a chance and used an online AI photo sharpening website. Worked like a charm, couldn't even tell the difference. Lesson learned: stick to professional photo studios, not just any drugstore or grocery shop.
Hello,
I went to Staples and I also find them not sharp and concerned they will be rejected. When I asked if they had often rejections (since they told me to come back if they not accepted and they will retake them for free) it did not seem the case.
My understanding though was that we cannot modify them, is that incorrect ?
I am thinking of going to professional studio to get what I consider "sharp"

tomjose11

Star Member
Jan 27, 2024
I don’t recommend anyone doing it by yourself. I took a chance, because the closest professional studio was 55 km away. I didn’t have time to go there.