Gautam_Chawla

Jan 24, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-11-2023
Nothing here. Is hard to wait with no updates, hoping for something this week
You should have an update by next 2 weeks. My AOR is Nov 1 and received medical passed confirmation on Jan 26th and BIL received on Jan 29th. Completed biometrics yesterday and it is reflecting as completed on the profile today.

Reactions: Sarah1980

Gautam_Chawla

Jan 24, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-11-2023
Hi All,

CEC inland applicant, AOR 17th November, waiting for BIL.

My application is being handled by the company lawyers, and they mentioned that they paid the fee for biometrics in December.

What are the important updates which I should keep track of on the application and ask the lawyers. They usually share the screenshot of the application status when I ask for an update.
You should keep an eye on recent changes with dates, it goes in order of medical passed, BIL and Biometrics completed. Once you have medical passed, your UCI will change as well from CANXXXXX to Digits which you may use to create application tracking account and keep a close watch on all 4 quadrants of the tasks (Biometric, Medical, Eligibility and Background verification)

tomjose11

Star Member
Jan 27, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm a new member here. I received my AOR on November 22 and received a payment request for biometrics at the end of December. I'm uncertain about the next steps and procedures. My friends and colleagues, who are either Canadians or obtained PR 10 to 15 years ago, aren't familiar with the current process. I have no one to guide me, I've explored various threads on PR processes, including terms like portal, COPR, R10, VO, CIO, etc. Can someone tell me what are these terms and what to expect next?

dsaha203

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
It's crazy that every other program with November AOR have received some form of update, but CEC is being completely ignored. :mad:

Reactions: Moji9292

dsaha203

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm a new member here. I received my AOR on November 22 and received a payment request for biometrics at the end of December. I'm uncertain about the next steps and procedures. My friends and colleagues, who are either Canadians or obtained PR 10 to 15 years ago, aren't familiar with the current process. I have no one to guide me, I've explored various threads on PR processes, including terms like portal, COPR, R10, VO, CIO, etc. Can someone tell me what are these terms and what to expect next?
Refer this link to get a general understanding https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr. The exact sequence of steps is ever changing. In terms of what you can expect - a BIL to give biometrics, and a Medical Request (if already not submitted). Other than that unless you receive an ADR (additional document request), there is not much for you to do. Only wait. :D

tomjose11

Star Member
Jan 27, 2024
Thank you for responding. I understand this thread focuses on timelines, and I don't want to disrupt it with unrelated questions. However, I have a final inquiry: what distinguishes the portal from GCKey, and does using the portal mean you won't receive updates on GCKey?

dsaha203

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Thank you for responding. I understand this thread focuses on timelines, and I don't want to disrupt it with unrelated questions. However, I have a final inquiry: what distinguishes the portal from GCKey, and does using the portal mean you won't receive updates on GCKey?
I am not sure what you are referring to as portal. From my understanding, you have 3 tools at your disposal.
1. GC Key account - Where you initially submitted your application
2. IRCC tracker - this allows you to do some more granular level tracking. Only available when your UCI has changed from CAN**** to numeric code on your GCKey. Note: Some info might not be in sync between the tracker and your GC Key account.
3. PR Portal - here is where you submit your photo and confirm address in the final stages. Access is only provided at the final stages. This I am not super sure of.

Others may have a better understanding.

Reactions: Gautam_Chawla